Maybe you’ve been wondering lately why your hair is so split and broken. It may be because you are using the wrong hairdryer. Most people forget that a hairdryer (similar to a straightener or curling iron ) can be extremely damaging to the hair if used incorrectly. But what can you actively do to save your hair?
Our checklist shows you what you should consider when buying a hairdryer. You’re sure to find the perfect hair dryer for your hair in our product recommendations!
- It is convenient if the hairdryer has different temperature and intensity levels. Depending on the hair structure and desired styling, the power of the hairdryer can then be adjusted. The fan and temperature can then usually be set to specific levels independently of each other.
- A cold stage is also advantageous so that individual strands of hair retain their shape longer. In addition, the cold air ensures that the cuticle in the hair closes and it shines great.
- Between 2100 and 2400 watts hair dryers usually bring in power, so they have a fairly high power consumption.
- The temperature of a hairdryer should be between 70-100 degrees. Temperatures above 100 degrees damage the hair structure in the long run because your hair is exposed to enormous heat and thus dries out. It is usually better to set a lower level at the beginning and increase it slowly.
- Nowadays, in addition to straighteners and curling irons, there are also hair dryers that work with ionic technology. These hairdryers do not differ significantly from conventional hairdryers in the way they work, but they do have one significant difference: although they also convert energy into heat, the air that is sucked in is negatively charged and converted into the ions mentioned in the second step. This air causes the hair to no longer be statically charged. For people who struggle with very frizzy hair, this technology can be quite helpful.
- Depending on what kind of hair dryer you buy, different attachments or accessories are already included. A diffuser is usually included with every hairdryer.
- However, consider in advance which attachments you may want to have in addition or buy it directly in the set. Some accessories are difficult or comparatively expensive to purchase later.
- With different attachments and nozzles, the hair can be styled quite specifically.
- You should also pay attention to the right cable length. Sometimes the socket is a little further away from the mirror, so you may not be able to look at yourself while styling your hair if the cord is too short.
- Sometimes you can’t find a place to put the hairdryer and it gets in the way. Why don’t you just buy a hanging loop? This way you always know where your hairdryer is and can bring order to your bathroom.
- Some hair dryers work with infrared technology, which ensures an even distribution of heat and thus protects the hair.
- Some hair dryers also have sensors that measure the temperature of the hair and adjust their temperature accordingly to protect the hair.
- The price range is very wide. If you choose a high quality hair dryer, it will usually last longer.
- A hair dry er can range in price from 20 to 300 euros.
Table of contents
Here you can find the top 10 among the most popular hair dryers.
Tip: Many great Curling irons you can find here.
The Best Sellers Of Hair Dryers
We have compiled the most popular hairdryers for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: For even more styling fun, here are the best straightening irons.
Current Offers For Hair Dryers
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the Hairdryers section.
FAQ About Hair Dryer
An ionic hair dryer releases ions into the air during blow drying. This enriches it with negatively charged particles. This causes the water droplets to split into smaller molecules. As a result, the hair dries faster and shorter blow-drying spares the hair.
The first electric hair dryer was developed by the AEG company in 1900.
The hair dryer temperature should not exceed 70 degrees for the hair, as this can be damaging in the long run. It is better to keep the temperature as low as possible and set a higher blower level for it. This way, the hair can be blow-dried more gently.
The temperature of a hair dryer should not exceed 70 to 100 degrees, otherwise the hair could be damaged and broken in the long run, similar to a straightener or curling iron. Therefore, it is better to do without a higher temperature level.
The hair dryer dries hair through warm air. The air in the area of the hair becomes warm through the hairdryer and can therefore absorb water well. This dries the hair.
A hair dryer should not exceed the volume of 80 decibels. Anything above this level is harmful to humans and can be dangerous to hearing in the long term. However, according to a recent study, most commercially available devices do not seem to meet this specification.
Since the hair dryer has an electrical resistance, it can convert a lot of energy into heat. It also has a fan through which the air is passed on the filament. Thus, we benefit from the warm air of the hair dryer and can dry our hair effectively.
Since the hair dryer has to convert a lot of energy into heat, it has a relatively high power consumption. Therefore, the power of a regular hair dryer is usually 1000 to 2400 watts.
The diffuser is mainly to protect curly hair from drying out and achieve that the curls are preserved. The diffuser is simply placed on the hair dryer, so that the hair is not immediately exposed to high heat.
As a rule, almost all electrical products: Quality over quantity. If you want the hairdryer to last you as long as possible, choose a more expensive product, as these are usually also better made.
More On The Topic
- The 9 best travel beds – guide
- The 8 best 1 man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best 2 man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best 3 man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best 4 man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best 6 man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 7 best inflatable tents – guidebook
- The 10 best camping equipment for family vacations – Guidebook
- The 8 best camping barbecues – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping gazebos – guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Germany – guidebook