The straightening iron is a true all-rounder.Light waves, smooth voluminous hair or defined curls – with the straightener pretty much everything is possible. But there are also disadvantages. Your hair is exposed to enormous heat with every styling. With incorrect handling, your healthy hair is then very quickly broken and straw-like
That’s why it’s important to find out in advance which coating, plates and temperature a good straightener must have so that you can straighten your hair as gently as possible. Our checklist summarizes the most important points for you, so that you are guaranteed to buy the right straightener for your hair.
- The choice of the right straightening iron depends on your own hair structure and the desired hairstyle.
- For shorter or finer hair, narrower heating plates are generally sufficient. However, make sure that your straightener has high-quality styling plates and that you maintain an even temperature while straightening. Especially with a thin hair structure, the hair can otherwise quickly break off
- For thicker or longer hair, wider heating plates are particularly suitable
- Thicker hair should also be styled at higher temperatures, as it can be quite unruly and the hair may not be completely straightened for this reason
- Tip: Start with a low heat level and increase it as soon as you notice that no change is visible. The goal here is to still use as little heat as possible
- There is usually nothing wrong with styling your hair with a straightener every day. For this, however, the hair must be cared for regularly so that it does not become straw-like. Heat protection is therefore essential before each straightening, so as not to damage the hair structure. Other care products should also be used several times a week. If you notice changes in your hair structure or if it feels dry or broken, you should not straighten your hair for a few days or weeks and instead apply a conditioning serum to your hair
- Tip: Never straighten hair when it is damp or wet. There is still moisture in the hair at this time, which is why it can easily burn when heated. In addition, it is extremely damaging to the hair structure in the long run
- Many straighteners allow you to regulate the temperature individually. This makes sense, because there is no optimal temperature for all hair structures. The condition of your hair also plays a decisive role. If they are pre-stressed by constant coloring, sun exposure, frequent blow-drying or chemical treatments, they may not tolerate heat well
- For this reason, there are straighteners with buttons, dials or adjustments via sensor or microchip.
- A coating, such as ceramic, is particularly gentle on the hair, as the heat can distribute evenly across the plates. This type of straightener is also used in professional hair studios, as they cause little friction
- Some straighteners also work with ion technology. In this case, ions are released to the hair during straightening so that it does not become statically charged.
Table of contents
Here you can find the top 10 among the most popular straighteners.
The Best Sellers Of Straightening Irons
We have compiled the most popular straightening irons for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Get information and buying recommendations on hair dryershere.
Current Offers For Straightening Iron
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the hair straightener section.
FAQ About Straightening Irons
First, separate a strand of hair and place it between the plates of the straightener. Then turn the straightener 360 degrees while slowly pulling it towards the ends of your hair. The finer your hair strand is, the more curls you will end up with.
A straightening iron is very easy to use. You turn it on and wait until it is preheated. Then take a strand of hair and place it between the heating plates at the top of the hair. Then slowly pull the straightener towards the ends of the hair and the strand is straightened.
This question cannot be answered in a general way. The best straightening iron for you always depends on your individual needs. It depends on your hair structure, the price or the length of your hair. You are sure to find what you are looking for in our product recommendations.
It is very simple. Simply place a strand of hair at the roots between the two heating plates and then slowly pull the straightening iron towards the ends of the hair. Your hair is already straightened.
The hair is straightened by heating the heating plates. The hair is placed in the straightening iron and through the pressure, the heat reaches the individual strands. In principle, the hair is thermally ironed by the straightening iron.
As a rule of thumb, most hair can be straightened with a temperature of 150 degrees. If your hair is particularly thick, then you may have to set the straightening iron a little hotter. However, you should not go above 180 degrees.
If your straightener is still hot, you should never put it in a place where it could burn. It is recommended that you install a wall mount so that you can hang your straightener there without worry.
This depends entirely on the particular model. However, to straighten the hair, the temperature should be between 160- 180 degrees. Most straighteners can be heated to over 200 degrees. However, this is not recommended, because the hair structure suffers in the long run under the enormous heat load.
The range here is large. Between 30- 100 euros is usually everything. However, it makes perfect sense to invest in a more expensive device, as it probably lasts longer and heats up faster. Also, a better straightening iron is safer in the hand, so that nothing can go wrong when smoothing.
When used correctly, neither device has to be harmful. However, to create defined curls, the temperature usually has to be set higher, which can of course damage the hair in the long run. Accordingly, with frequent use, the curling iron is responsible for broken hair.
Put mousse in the hair or apply heat protection. It can also be useful to divide the individual hairs into strands, so that you take all the hair sufficiently into account, so that the curls are more defined and last longer.
The Remington brand is often recommended by hairdressers, among others. With the help of ionic technology, your hair is optimally straightened and gets a beautiful shine.
You should definitely cool the affected area after you have recovered from the initial shock. Depending on how severe the injury is, you should consult a doctor so that he can treat the wound properly.