Candle arches are a great Christmas decoration, as they evoke a contemplative mood with their dimmed light and Christmas figures, especially in the evening. Depending on how much space you have in your house or apartment, you can choose certain dimensions. There are also many different options when choosing the material.
So that your room will soon be illuminated by a beautiful candle arch, we have created an informative checklist for you. Our product recommendations also show you many different models of great candle arches.
- The classic candle arch is made of wood and is traditionally handmade in the Erzgebirge.
- Meanwhile, there are also light arches made of metal.
- Candle arches are usually intended for indoor use . If you are looking for a Christmas decoration for outdoor use, look for an appropriate label.
- Since the Schwibbogen is a Christmas decoration , the design also picks up various Christmas and winter motifs.
- Popular motifs are, for example, fir forests, snowy village landscapes, Santa Clauses, reindeer or the manger with Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus.
- Simple candle arches consist of only one level of figures over which the arch arches.
- In addition, you can find elaborately crafted arches with three-dimensional arrangement of figures.
- Candlearches are available in different sizes. Mini candle arches for the bookshelf you get from sizes of about 9 x 5 x 1.5 cm(width x height x depth). XXL version for the windowsill measure on average 60 x 40 x 10 cm.
- Make sure that the candle arch fits in the intended location.
- For the windowsill is suitable candle arch with a base. The base prevents the arch from being hidden by the window frame.
- Modern candle arches are illuminated with incandescent lamps or LEDs.
- LEDs are particularly energy-saving.
- Before you buy , make sure you know if you can replace the bulbs yourself and how much replacement candles cost.
- You can choose between models where the candles are placed on the arc and candle arches with indirect lighting.
- The lighting is powered either by a transformer or batteries.
- If you choose a candle arch with a transformer, make sure that the cable reaches from the place of installation to the socket or if you need an extension cable.
- For candle arches with cable, you can install a timer between the socket and the transformer and have the lighting switch on and off automatically.
Table of contents
Recommended Candle Arches
We have compiled the best and most interesting candle arches. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
The Best Sellers Of Candle Arches
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular candle arches for you.
Tip: Here you can find out about the best Christmas gifts for children 2021
Current Offers Of Candle Arches
You can find the best current offers of candle arches in this list.
FAQ For Candle Arches
A Schwibbogen is from the Erzgebirge originating light arch. It is used as a Christmas decoration.
Traditionally, you can leave the Schwibbogen until January 6.
The name is derived from the terms “Schwib-” or “Schwebebogen”. This is an architectural component.
A Schwibbogen is usually made of wood and is usually handmade. If you decide to buy a more modern one, it can also be made of metal. In any case, you should pay attention to a high-quality workmanship, so that you can enjoy the candle arch for a long time.
The candle arch usually has Christmas figures or motifs. Of course, Santa Clauses, reindeer or Mary, Joseph and the baby Jesus are particularly popular for the occasion. More expensive models even have several arches, to each of which different figures are attached.
A candle arch can be of different sizes. For example, there are arches, which are relatively small. These have the dimensions 9 x 5 x 1.5 cm. You can place these well on a shelf, for example. But there are also larger models, which can sometimes be placed on the windowsill. They have the dimensions 60 x 40 x 10. So that the candle arch stands safely, a suitable base can be helpful here.
A candle arch can cost between 40 and 100 euros. The price depends, among other things, on how the candle arch is processed.
Nowadays, hardly any candle arches with real candles are used. Instead, LED lamps are primarily used. These are operated either with a transformer or batteries. When using a transformer, however, you must remember that the candle arch must always be connected to the mains. Therefore, the cable should have an appropriate length.
This is a symbolic meaning. In the past, this was to help miners find their way home. Accordingly, the lights were considered orientation.
These 12 lights should remind of Jesus and his disciples. Nowadays, however, the candle arch is already available with 12, 10, 9 or 5 lights. So you can decide for yourself how many lights you prefer.
- The best Christmas cribs – Guide
- The best Christmas decorations for 2021 – guidebook
- The best Christmas tree decorations for 2021 – Guidebook
- The 10 best artificial Christmas trees – Guidebook
- The 3 best Schleich Advent Calendars – Advisor
- The top 9 erotic advent calendars – Advisor
- The 15 newest children’s advent calendars – Advisor
- The 7 best advent calendars for men
- The 10 best advent calendars for couples
- The 6 best Amorelie advent calendars 2020 – guidebook
- The 8 best whisky advent calendars 2021 – guidebook
- The 10 best tool advent calendars 2021 – guidebook
- The 10 best Harry Potter advent calendars – guidebook
- The 12 best Lego advent calendars – guidebook
- The 8 best Secret Santa calendars for kids – guidebook
- The best gifts for children – guidebook
- 12 classic gifts for children at Christmas – guidebook
- The best Christmas gifts for children 2021 – Guidebook
- The best gifts for boys – guidebook
- The best gifts for girls – guidebook
- The best gift ideas for birth – Guidebook
- The best gift ideas for men – guidebook
- The 35 most beautiful Easter gifts – Guidebook
- The 12 most beautiful gifts for Mother’s Day – Guidebook
- The 17 most beautiful mom sayings as a gift – Guidebook
- The 25 most beautiful Valentine’s Day sayings as a gift – Guidebook
- The 12 best gifts with Father’s Day sayings – Guidebook
- The 10 best love sayings as a gift – guidebook
- The 35 best gifts for women – guidebook
- The 33 best Gift ideas for Mother’s Day – Guidebook
- The 10 most beautiful women’s rings as a gift – Guidebook