The safety of your child is, of course, always paramount. Windows can be inspiring for children when they first understand how to open them. But this can also be very dangerous. We, therefore, show you what is essential when it comes to child safety devices for windows.
In our checklist, we give you essential buying criteria and have selected suitable product recommendations for you.
- Windows are dangerous for children as soon as they know how to open them.
- With childproof window locks you can make your home childproof.
- You prevent unnoticed opening by your child and avoid accidents that can result from it.
- Window locks can also be used for balcony and terrace doors.
- The easiest way to secure a closed or tilted window is to replace the original handles with lockable window handles. In this case, burglary protection is provided at the same time.
- However, lockable handles can prove to be less practical in everyday life when windows are opened frequently. Handles with a locking button are the better choice here.
- Another option is an extra lock that can be mounted or glued to the window frame.
- A cable or a latch provides for the blocking of the window.
- This variant is available with and without a key.
- There are also window locks that can be mounted as an additional component in the window handle or clamped or stretched between the handle and the frame. These models do not require screwing or gluing.
- In a rented apartment, it is usually not allowed to drill into the window frame.
- However, replacing the window handles with lockable ones is almost always possible.
- In the case of glued variants, you must observe the manufacturer’s age specification. They are often only suitable for children up to 36 months.
- The requirement for a window child safety lock is specified in the EN16281 standard. So the product should be tested according to this standard and have the GS seal for Tested Safety.
Table of contents
Recommended Child Safety Devices For Windows
We have compiled the best and most exciting child safety locks for windows. You can find the list of our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find many more child safety locks in our guide to child safety locks for sockets.
The Best Sellers Of Child Locks For Windows
We have compiled the most famous child safety locks for windows for you in a list of best sellers.
Tip: You can find many stroller extensions in our guide to stroller muffs.
Current Offers Of Child Safety Locks For Windows
You can find the best current offers on child safety locks for windows in this list.
FAQ About Parental Control
There are different child locks for windows. Some are drilled into the window frame, others are glued. But it is also possible to replace the window handles with lockable window handles.
more child locks
- The 15 best childproof locks in the household – guidebook
- The 15 best childproof locks for sockets – guidebook
- The 10 best child safety locks for cupboards – guidebook
- The 8 best child safety gates for cribs – guidebook
Safety with baby and child on the road
- The 10 best child seats for the car – Guide
- The 9 best car seats for children – How to choose
- The best child seats up to 36 kg – guidebook
- The 10 best group 2 child seats – guidebook
- The 9 best child bike seats – guidebook
- The 9 best booster seats – guidebook
- The 9 best baby car seats – guidebook
- The 10 best bicycle helmets for children – guidebook