It is the most pleasant kitchen appliance: the dishwasher. A good dishwasher facilitates the cleaning of many dishes, saving time and money. In fact, most dishwashers require only 7 liters of water for one cycle. Find out here what you need to look out for when buying a dishwasher and what criteria you can use to recognize a good dishwasher.
We have not only compiled a checklist with the most important criteria for dishwashers, but also many product recommendations for you. We will help you choose the right dishwasher.
- There are differences in the design of dishwashers.
- Depending on the location and environment of the dishwasher decides which form is best suited for their own kitchen.
- Built-in appliances can be optimally integrated into an existing kitchen unit. They blend in visually with the kitchen because they disappear behind panels.
- Floor-standing appliances are flexible in terms of their location and are placed freestanding. But they can also be placed under a countertop and thus integrate into the kitchen
- Energy consumption naturally also plays a role when purchasing a dishwasher
- The EU efficiency labelprovides information about energy consumption
- If you want to use your dishwasher regularly and for a long time, lower consumption pays off with a higher purchase price.
- Water consumption is also a decisive factor. As a guideline: particularly economical appliances consume around 7 liters of waterin the eco program.
- Performance: between 70 – 260 kWh.
- Eco program: more economical than other variants, uses a longer soak time (usually 3 hours) which also saves water
- Normal program: approx. 40-65°C rinse cycle, duration depends on model
- Automatic program: Sensors measure the load of the dishwasher as well as the turbidity of the rinse water, whereby the program is then tailored to the values. Running time, temperature and amount of water is therefore calculated by the machine itself.
- Quick program: usually finished in 20 minutes, consumes a lot of electricity
- Cleaning program
- Depending on how much time you spend in the kitchen or in an open-plan cooking and living area, the volume of a dishwasher is also crucial.
- In addition, neighbors may not want to be disturbed.
- A guideline value of maximum 40 decibels should not be exceeded in the best case.
- Depending on the model and your kitchen conditions, you can try to connect the dishwasher yourself. For example, pipes or partitions can complicate the installation, so an expert kitchen fitter can be useful.
Table of contents
Here you can find the top 10 among the most popular dishwashers.
Tip: You can find the best refrigerators with WLAN function in our The top 5 WLAN refrigerators – guide.
The Best Sellers Of Dishwashers
We have compiled the most popular dishwashers for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find many great vegetable slicers in our The 9 best vegetable slicers for home – guide.
Current Offers For Dishwasher
Here you can find a selection of current offers for dishwashers.
Many manufacturers state that their product will manage around 2,000 wash cycles flawlessly before the first problems occur. On average, therefore, dishwashers last 10 to a maximum of 15 years. Of course, the number of years varies with the frequency of use.
The best brand for dishwashers cannot be determined across the board. It also depends on your own needs. If you are looking for a cheap machine, a different brand will be the best choice for you than if you are looking for the highest quality dishwasher
The best dishwasher depends on your own needs. It can be the cheapest appliance, the most economical appliance or even the most durable appliance. You’re sure to find what you’re looking for in our product recommendations
The two spray arms inside the machine start to rotate around their own axis, with which the clean the dishes from dirt. The lower spray arm works with a higher water pressure than the upper one. This is set so that fragile glasses are protected, while at the bottom (on plates or pots, for example) sits the more stubborn dirt. The cleaning rod is used to soften the food and clean the dishes. Later, rinse aid is added, which ensures that the dishes are cleaned without streaks
The types of installation differ in the amount of cladding that is attached to the dishwasher. In a fully integrated dishwasher, the entire front is matched to the kitchen decor, while in a partially integrated one, the display is left uncovered
An under-mount dishwasher does not have to be freestanding, it can be integrated under the kitchen countertop. The standard height for kitchens is 85cm, so you should choose a dishwasher that is as high as your kitchen minus the thickness of your countertop.
- The best kitchen appliances for the home – guidebook
- The 8 best pans for the kitchen – Guidebook
- The 10 best kitchen scales – guide
- The best refrigerators and freezers – guidebook
- The 5 best sterilizers – How to guide
- The 8 best breadmakers – guidebook
- The 6 best freezers – guidebook
- The 10 best waffle irons – How to
- The 10 best bread pots – How to
- The 13 best fondue sets – guidebook
- The 5 best pressure cookers – guidebook
- The 7 best hand blenders – guidebook
- The 9 best corner and edge protection products – Guidebook
- The 10 best stair guards – advice
- The 10 best door safety gates – Advisor
- The 8 best child safety gates for children’s beds – guidebook
- The 15 best child safety locks in the household – Advisor
- The 15 best child-proof locks for sockets – Guidebook
- The 10 best child-proof locks for cupboards – guidebook
- The 10 best child-proof locks for windows – guidebook
- The best cleaning devices for home – Guidebook
- The 7 best pipe cleaning spirals – Guidebook
- The 9 best pipe cleaners – How to guide
- The 7 best high pressure cleaners – How to guide
- The 12 best window cleaners – How to
- The 8 best disinfectants – guidebook
- The 9 best diaper pails – guidebook
- The 9 best vacuum cleaner robots for home – guidebook
- The 9 best vacuum cleaners for home – Guidebook
- The 10 best vacuum cleaners with wiping function – Guidebook
- The 7 best mopping robots – Guidebook