With the right vacuum cleaner, cleaning your home is a breeze. But not all vacuum cleaners are the same. For the best suction result, you need the right vacuum cleaner for your needs. We help you with the selection.
In our checklist, you’ll find important buying criteria and useful information that can make your purchase decision easier. You can then find the right vacuum cleaner for you in our product recommendations.
- A large apartment(more than 100 m²) requires a large operating radius, so the cable should be as long as possible. Otherwise, you will have to constantly plug it into new sockets. The usual cable length is 5 to 15 meters.
- The larger the dust collection bin, the longer you can vacuum. Models with bags usually manage a little more than bagless models. The least fits in suction robots.
- The battery life is crucial for robotic vacuum cleaners. By default, a vacuum robot manages about one pass for average apartments(about 80 m²).
- Hard floors (laminate, parquet) require a parquet nozzle or the switchable floor nozzle. Wheels with rubber coating are quieter and do not scratch anything.
- For carpets, the carpet nozzle is needed. The higher the carpet pile, the less suitable are vacuum robots.
- In the energy label, note the cleaning classes.
- Pay attention to special pet hair brushes in the accessories and high suction power (more than 2500 mmWS or alternatively greater than 250 W). Do not confuse the suction power in W with the motor power in W! The unit “mmWS” means millimeter water column and “W” means watt.
- For animals that shed a lot of hair, make sure you have a large collection container.
- The dust emission class should be excellent and there should be an exhaust filter, preferably a HEPA filter of the highest class H 14. All filters should be removable and washable.
- Prefer vacuum cleaners with a sealable bag.
- There are special water filter vacuum cleaners for severe allergy sufferers.
- Allergy sufferers should vacuum more frequently to avoid new dust.
- Advantages with bag: blows less dust from the device and larger collection container.
- Advantages without bag: No additional costs due to bag. Easier emptying of the collection container.
- Pay attention to handiness, weight and easy rolling of the device.
- The parked vacuum cleaner should have enough space at the parking place. Pay attention to the dimensions.
- Compare energy labels. If possible, choose class A or better.
Table of contents
Recommended Vacuum Cleaners For Home
The Best Sellers Of Vacuum Cleaners For Home
In this bestseller list, we have compiled the most popular vacuum cleaners for home for you.
Current Offers Of Vacuum Cleaners For Home
Here you will find a collection of current offers of vacuum cleaners for home.
FAQ For Vacuum Cleaners
A vacuum cleaner sucks in air, filters it and blows the air out again. The motor of a vacuum cleaner works with a fan, which creates the suction air through negative pressure.
The wattage determines the performance of a vacuum cleaner. A vacuum cleaner should have around 900 watts.
A cyclonic vacuum cleaner is a vacuum cleaner without a bag.
A maximum of 80 decibels is specified as the average maximum volume for a vacuum cleaner. More modern vacuum cleaners reach values around 60 to 70 decibels.
As a rule, a spider will not survive being sucked in. Decisive factors here are the suction power of the vacuum cleaner and the bag. If the suction power is high, the spider often dies already in the suction tube. If the suction power is lower, it may survive if the bag is already somewhat full and its momentum is cushioned. Basically, death in a vacuum cleaner is excruciating for a spider and should be avoided.
There is no blanket answer to the questions about the best vacuum cleaner. Our checklist will help you find the right vacuum cleaner for you.
Various vacuum cleaners achieve very good cleaning results. With the help of our checklist, you will certainly find the right vacuum cleaner for your requirements.
A vacuum cleaner is an electric device that sucks in air, taking dust and dirt with it, thus cleaning the apartment.
Both designs have their advantages. Vacuum cleaners with a bag usually retain dust better inside the unit and have larger collection bins. Vacuum cleaners without bags, on the other hand, are cheaper in follow-up costs and can be emptied quickly and easily.
For a clean home
- The best cleaning devices for the home – guidebook
- The 9 best robotic vacuum cleaners for the home – guidebook
- The 10 best vacuum cleaners with mopping function – Guidebook
- The 7 best mopping robots – Guidebook
- The 10 best handheld vacuum cleaners – How to guide
- The 12 best window cleaners – How to
- The 6 best wet-dry vacuum cleaners – guidebook
For clean laundry
- The 7 best WLAN washing machines – Guidebook
- The 12 best washing machines – guidebook
- The best products for the care of the laundry – Guidebook
- The 15 best clothes drying racks – How to guide
- The 12 best tumble dryers – How to guide
- The 9 best automatic ironing machines – advice
- The 9 best ironing stations – guidebook