Large refrigerators are especially important for families so that all food can be stored carefully. But not all refrigerators are suitable for families, if, among other things, the freezer compartment is too small- or the shelf life of the products is not guaranteed for a long time. Of course, the general storage space should also be taken into account when buying, so that all the food does not fall towards you as soon as you open the refrigerator for a short moment.
In our checklist you can find out all the important information about refrigerators for families. The product recommendations are sure to have the right refrigerator for you.
- The energy efficiency class is important for the power consumption of a refrigerator.
- It ranges from A+ to A+++. A+++ indicates a very high energy efficiency. More expensive appliances usually have a better energy class, so the power consumption is not too high.
- The necessary volume should be based on your own eating and shopping habits. The number of people in the household also plays a role.
- As a rule of thumb, about 50 liters of refrigerator volume are necessary per person. For a family with four children, the refrigerator should therefore have a capacity of 240 liters to accommodate all the food.
- Likewise, the size of the kitchen must be taken into account so that the refrigerator is not too high or too wide to be placed in your room. Therefore, the available space should also be accurately measured in advance.
- Depending on the kitchen, it is therefore advisable to buy a freestanding refrigerator or a built-in refrigerator. Built-in refrigerators, as the name suggests, are built into the kitchen cabinet. Freestanding refrigerators, on the other hand, can be placed anywhere in the room.
- So-called side-by-side refrigerators, unlike conventional refrigerators, do not have an integrated freezer compartment. Instead, these have two separate doors, so that the refrigerator and freezer are separated from each other. They are usually very large and offer enough space, so they can be recommended mainly for families.
- Standard refrigerators, on the other hand, usually only have a relatively small freezer compartment, which is not very suitable for families with children due to the few storage options.
- Many refrigerators are already equipped with certain technologies, so less work is required for the consumer. Therefore, it is no longer necessary to defrost the refrigerator itself. With the ComfortFrost function, the formation of ice is prevented quite automatically by evaporating it. As a result, the ice does not settle in the refrigerator in the first place. The advantage of the NoFrost refrigerator, on the other hand, is that the humidity is kept at a constant level.
- With the help of the zero-degree zone, different foods at different levels also stay fresh longer.
- Unwanted odors often spread in many refrigerators. These mainly occur when meat or cheese is stored for a long time. To avoid them, some manufacturers have developed certain filters that prevent odors from forming . Cleaning a refrigerator can also sometimes be laborious and tedious. Therefore, some refrigerators have removable compartments that can be easily rinsed or cleaned. The volume of the refrigerator is usually not considered before buying, although a very loud appliance can be quite annoying in daily use. Therefore, the volume of 40 decibels should not be exceeded.
- Also, there are now certain warning functions, in which a loud noise sounds when the refrigerator door is open for a long time or the temperature in the room increases noticeably.
- Meanwhile, there are quite diverse designs of refrigerators. You can choose between different surfaces (for example, stainless steel) or a particular color.
- Good refrigerators are usually quite expensive. Nevertheless, it is worth investing in a high-quality refrigerator so that it lasts as long as possible. In addition, these also have useful additional functions, which definitely facilitate the use of the device. The respective price ranges from 200 to 1000 euros.
Table of contents
Here you can find the top 8 most popular refrigerators.
Tip: Here you can find recommended freezers.
The Best Sellers Of Refrigerators
We have compiled the most popular refrigerators for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find the best WLAN refriger ators here.
Current Offers For Refrigerators
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the refrigerators section.
FAQ About Refrigerators
It is an electrically operated device that is designed to keep products fresh for a longer period of time. Usually, the refrigerator consists of a freezer compartment and a second area where various foods are stored.
Eggs will keep in the refrigerator at least until the best-before date. Raw yolks or egg whites, on the other hand, can be kept in it for 3 days.
The refrigerator should have a temperature of about 5 degrees.
12 to 24 hours, depending on the model, a refrigerator must stand after transport.
A refrigerator should be about 5 degrees cold.
A good refrigerator costs on average around 200 to 1000 euros.
A refrigerator usually consumes 600 watts per day.
At the back of the refrigerator is a cooling unit, which ensures that the inside of the refrigerator is cooled.
For the freezer compartment, a temperature of -18 degrees is suitable. In the refrigerator, on the other hand, this should be 5 degrees, so that all food is sufficiently cooled.
If possible, your refrigerator should not exceed a volume of 40 decibels, otherwise the background noise in the kitchen can become very annoying in the long run.
More On The Topic
- The best kitchen appliances for the home – guidebook
- The 8 best pans for the kitchen – guidebook
- The 10 best kitchen scales – guide
- The best refrigerators and freezers – guidebook
- The 8 best bread makers – How to
- The 6 best popcorn machines – guidebook
- The 7 best cotton candy machines – How to guide
- The 6 best smoothie makers – guidebook
- The 15 best chef’s knives – Guidebook
- The 10 best Damascus knives – Guidebook
- The 7 best Swiss Army Knives – Guidebook
- The 8 best carving knives – Guidebook
- The 8 best outdoor knives – guidebook
- The 8 best hunting knives – guidebook
- The 8 best cutter knives for do-it-yourselfers – Guidebook
- The 8 best raclette grills – Guidebook
- The 8 best kettle grills – guidebook
- The 7 best Landmann gas grills – guidebook
- The 8 best table grills – Guidebook
- The 6 best Weber grills – guidebook
- The best barbecue accessories – Guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue tongs – Guidebook
- The 12 best barbecue trolleys – guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue aprons for men – Guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue gloves – Guidebook