When grilling, certain accessories must not be missing. For different food such as skewers, fish or pizza, different things are needed for preparation. Also important is the preparation and post-processing.
In order to take everything into account and not do anything wrong, we have created a checklist with the most important criteria. The product recommendations below will make your decision easier.
- Before grilling can begin, the correct temperature must develop in the grill.
- With the classic charcoal grill, a lighting chimney is helpful to quickly bring the charcoal to the embers.
You should not choose a chimney that is too small to ignite enough charcoal.
- A good lighting chimney has at least 8 to 12 holes in the lower area, through which air is drawn in during lighting.
- Ideally, you should have two grates on your grill at different heights above the charcoal or gas burner. This way you can cook meat at high heat, prepare vegetables on top and keep finished grilled food warm.
- High-quality grates are made of stainless steel or cast iron, the latter of which must be protected from corrosion with oil. The struts of the grate should have a profile thickness of 2 to 3 millimeters.
- For vegetable and meat skewers, you should also use stainless steel as the material, since wooden skewers easily coagulate.
- Fish and marinated foods are prepared on grill plates . Here, the heat is transferred indirectly and escaping liquid cannot drip into the embers. Grill plates are made of cast iron and enameled. Choose a model that is grooved on one side and smooth on the other. A raised rim catches gravy and marinade.
- A fish roaster allows you to clamp whole fish and turn them conveniently.
- If you want to prepare pizza on the grill, it is worth buying a pizza stone. This should be made of fireclay stone and be 2 to 4 centimeters thick, since the heat for baking is stored in the stone.
- A stainless steel pizza peel or tray makes it easier to remove the pizza from the stone.
- Use a wire brush to remove coarse dirt from the grate without effort. The wires should bend with moderate pressure, but should not be longer than 1 to 1.5 centimeters .
- The easiest way to clean the grate and grill plates is to use baking soda from the pharmacy.
Table of contents
Recommended Barbecue Accessories
We have compiled the best and most interesting barbecue accessories. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find the best grills here.
The Best Sellers Of Barbecue Accessories
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular barbecue accessories for you.
Tip: With the right barbecue apron , nothing stands in the way!
Current Offers Of Barbecue Accessories
You can find the best current offers on barbecue accessories in this list.
FAQ About Barbecue Accessories
First, the grill should be prepared, for which a lighting chimney or simple grill lighter is necessary. Then, when grilling, stainless steel skewers, grill tongs, grill plates as well as grill grates are useful. Afterwards, a wire brush and baking soda will help you clean the grill.
- The 7 best Landmann gas grills – guidebook
- The 8 best kettle grills – guide
- The 8 best raclette grills – guidebook
- The 20 best grills – guidebook
- The 7 best charcoal grills – Guidebook
- The 9 best gas grills – guidebook
- The 8 best electric grills – guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue skewers – Guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue tongs – guidebook
- The 12 best barbecue trolleys – guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue aprons for men – Guidebook
- The 9 best grill grates – How to
- The 7 best books with barbecue recipes – Guidebook
- The 7 best barbecue coals – Guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue gloves – How to
- The 8 best barbecue brushes – Guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue cutlery – Guidebook
- The 10 best barbecue lighters – Guidebook