You like to drink an after-work beer in the evening, but there’s no more room in your fridge? A hop cave keeps your beer and other drinks cold underground – without an additional power supply. In addition, a hop cave is an eye-catcher for every garden.
We have summarized everything you need to know about hop caves in a checklist . You can find a selection of great hop caves in our product recommendations.
- Before buying a hop cave, note which beverages can be stored in it.
- Some models only support bottles with crown caps, bottles with swing tops or wine bottles cannot be stored in these models.
- In addition, there are hop caves in which only certain sizes can be stored. For example, some 0.5 l bottles do not fit in the hop cave.
- Hop caves are good for an after-work beer, but are unsuitable for cooling larger quantities, as they only have a capacity of 12 to 18 bottles, depending on the size.
- The hop cave should be installed in a shady place in the ground so that the drinks always remain as cool as possible. If the hop cave is installed in a sunny place, the cooling capacity will be reduced.
- A round auger is suitable for digging the hole. A spade will achieve too inaccurate a result.
- Artificial grass covers are available to cover the hop cavity in order to hide it in the best possible way. Another option is to place flower pots or the like on the cover.
Table of contents
Recommended Hop Dens
Here you will find the top 4 most popular hop caves.
Tip: You can find many great jerseys of Zlatan Ibrahimovic in our guide to Ibrahimovic jerseys.
The Best Sellers Of Hop Caves
We have compiled the most popular hop caves for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find practical spirit levels in our guide to spirit levels.
Current Offers For Hop Caves
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the Hop Caves section.
FAQ Hop Cave
A hop cave is an underground storage for drinks to cool them without electricity. Up to 18 bottles can be cooled on 1 to 3 floors.
In a hop cave, beverages are stored underground to cool them naturally without additional energy consumption. For this purpose, the hop cave is sunk into a previously drilled hole in the ground. A lifting system with a gas pressure spring ensures that the beverages can be moved upwards at any time using the lift system.
Depending on the season, the beer in a hop cave has a temperature of between 5 and 10 degrees Celsius.
A depth of 80 cm is sufficient, the walls should be drilled straight or at a slight angle.
Beer and more
- The 10 best beer crates bar tables
- The 5 best draft beer refrigerators
- The 7 best beer towers
- The 10 best beer fridges
- The 7 best beer brewing sets – guidebook
- The 6 best beer coolers for home – guidebook
- The 8 best beer pong tables – Guidebook
Everything for the garden
- The 10 best garden toys – guidebook
- The 8 best garden showers
- The 10 best garden shower screens – How to guide
- The 7 best garden rollers – Guidebook
- The 7 best garden hoses – guidebook
- The 6 best robotic mowers for the garden – guidebook
- The 9 best sandboxes for children
- The 10 best electric lawn mowers with cable – guidebook
- The 8 best petrol lawn mowers – guidebook
- The 10 best cordless lawn mowers – guidebook
- The 8 best garden huts for storage – guidebook
- The 20 best climbing frames for children – guidebook