You want fresh bread and the typical smell in your kitchen? No problem! We have compared many different bread makers for you and listed the top 8 in this guide.
With our comprehensive checklist , you can get an overview and then make a well-founded selection according to our product recommendations. Enjoy your meal!
- Breadmakers with asmall capacity produce breads between 300 and 400 grams.
- If you are baking for a large family, an automatic bread maker with a larger capacity(1-1.5 kg of bread) is recommended.
- The capacity also determines the size of the appliance. Before buying, make sure that you have the necessary space in the kitchen.
- Typical dimensions of bread makers range from 25 x 30 x 35 cm to 30 x 35 x 40 cm.
- The dough hook remains in the bread during the baking process or it can be removed or folded away.
- In higher price categories, you can also find devices with a lowerable dough hook.
- Doughhook remains in the bread: You have to remove the dough hook after baking and get bread with a hole.
- Doughhook removable or foldable: A signal indicates when to remove the dough hook. You have to return to the machine before the baking process starts.
- A high-capacity bread maker should have at least two dough hooks.
- A good appliance has 12 to 18 programs that allow you to bake different types of breads (e.g. white bread, gluten-free breads) or preparepizza and cake dough.
- With the time preset , you can program a specific time for the baking process.
- Keep warm function: Your bread is kept warm for up to one hour.
- A bread maker needs between three and five hours. If you don’t want to wait that long, look for a quick bake program when buying.
- An ingredient dispenser is useful when baking breads with nuts, raisins or other ingredients.
- Some automatic bakers have programs for making jam or yogurt.
Table of contents
Recommended Bread Makers
We have compiled the best and most interesting bread makers. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: Looking for an alternative to the Thermomix? Have a look at our guide to Thermomix alternatives.
The Best Sellers Of Bread Makers
In a list of bestsellers, we have compiled the most popular bread makers for you.
Tip: Find the right bread maker now! Here’s our guide to bread pots.
Current Offers Of Breadmaker
You can find the best current offers on bread makers in this list.
FAQ For Breadmakers
The bread is cheaper and fresher than from the baker.
After three to five hours the bread is baked.
Between 100 and 200 euros.
More On The Topic
Recommended Kitchen Appliances
- The best kitchen appliances for the home
- The 10 best waffle irons
- The 9 best sandwich toasters
- The 8 best slow juicers
- The 7 best hand blenders
- The 10 best water sprayers with glass bottles
- The 8 best milk frothers
Food On The Go
- The 8 best lunch boxes for kindergarten and school
- The 10 best meal prep boxes
- The 11 best thermal containers
- The 8 best camping grills
- The 7 best baby bottles