Table of contents
With a rice stove, you can make the perfect rice at home. Depending on the device, different types of preparation can also be selected, for example, the famous sticky rice. Especially children love this rice variant and appreciate the variety.
What you need to look for when buying a rice stove, you can easily learn from our comprehensive checklist. Further down you will find product recommendations based on this list. Mhh, delicious!
- There are modern electric rice stoves and small microwave rice stoves.
- Electric rice stoves have a removable inner pot and their own heating element. They use a heating element, induction or a steam pressure system for cooking.
- While induction provides even heating, a steam pressure system is suitable for gentle cooking.
- The cooking time depends on the type of rice, the preparation method and the power of the rice stove.
- While small rice stoves have a power of 100 to 200 watts, more powerful models can reach 1,000 to 1,500 watts.
- The capacity of< common rice stoves ranges from 1 to 5 L.
- Small models for single households usually have a capacity of 0.5 L.
- You should plan for 60 to 120 g of rice per person.
- For most families, a size of 1 L is sufficient, while 2 L is suitable for an extended family.
- Rice stoves with a large capacity are heavier and bulkier than smaller models.
- Rice stoves usually have a low-maintenance aluminum or plastic housing.
- The inner pot should have a Teflon or ceramic coating that prevents the rice from burning.
- A removable inner pot with non-slip handles makes the rice stove easier to use and maintain.
- For simplified operation, many rice stoves have intuitive menu navigation and an LED display that shows the cooking process.
- The basic features of a high-quality rice stove include an automatic shut-off and a keep-warm function.
- A tested overheating and dry cooking protection offers you more safety while cooking.
- With a timer and various cooking programs, you can easily prepare different types of rice to the desired cooking point.
- The quick cooking function allows you to cook in a maximum of 15 minutes.
- A cleaning program facilitates the care of the rice stove.
- An inner pot with markings, a measuring cup and a rice stove spoon are part of the basic equipment of most rice stoves.
- A steamer insert made of stainless steel offers you the possibility to prepare vegetables or fish at the same time. These rice stoves are suitable as 2-in-1 models for quick preparation of complete meals.
Recommended Rice Cookers
We have compiled the best and most interesting rice stoves. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find high-quality pans in our guide to pans
Current Offers On Rice stoves
You can find the best current offers on rice stoves in this list.
FAQ For Rice Stove
A rice stove heats the water in it so that the rice is cooked. Once the rice has absorbed the water, evaporation of the remaining water begins. Once this process is complete, the internal temperature in the device rises above 100 degrees and the rice stove recognizes that the rice is now ready. Usually, the device then turns off or begins to keep warm.
In addition to rice, you can also put polenta or various grains in the rice stove. You can even make cakes, omelets or chili con carne. Quinoa is also a great rice stove dish. How much water you need for each dish varies. On the Internet you can find great recipe ideas with corresponding instructions.
As a rule, you should always fill the rice stove with about 1.5 times as much water as rice. However, this may vary depending on the method of preparation. Attention: Most of the time you cook too much rice. For one person, calculate – for main dishes that consist mainly of rice – about 85 to 100g of rice.
The operation of rice stoves is simple: just rinse the rice until the water is clear and then put it in the rice stove with the required amount of water. Then you just need to select the program and start it. Enjoy your meal!
How long it takes to cook rice in the rice stove depends on which program is selected and what type of rice you are using. As a rule, tips and instructions can be found in the manufacturer’s instructions. However, the rice is usually ready in just 15 to 30 minutes.
Rice stoves take about 15 to 30 minutes to cook rice, depending on which program and type of rice you choose.
How long rice is kept warm in the rice stove depends on the rice stove. Many devices can provide fresh-tasting and warm rice for up to 8 hours. However, there are also devices that can manage more than 24 hours. It is important that the rice is not cooled and then left in the room. This can lead to bacterial infestation.
Rice stoves are very convenient because they automatically provide ideal conditions and prevent the contents from burning. Many devices also have a steam cooker insert. You can also prepare other dishes besides rice, such as small cakes or omelets. Stirring and controls are also eliminated. Different programs also allow you to perfectly prepare different types of rice, such as sticky sushi rice.
The cost of a rice stove depends on the device: Is the rice stove to be used for your home or do you need it for catering? The size, performance and programs also play a role. As a rule, rice stoves for home use cost between 18 and 160 euros.
Microwave rice stoves usually need 10 to 12 minutes until the rice is cooked. However, be sure to consider the manufacturer’s instructions.
More On The Topic
Recommended Kitchen Gadgets
- The best kitchen appliances for the home
- The 8 best bread makers
- The 8 best slow juicers
- The 7 best hand blenders
- The 10 best water sprayers with glass bottles
- The 6 best orange presses
- The 9 best home tea makers
- The 5 best pressure cookers
- The 8 best kettles
- The 10 best egg cookers
- The 4 best Thermomix alternatives
Childproof Locks For Kitchen And Household
- The 15 best childproof locks in the household
- The 15 best childproof locks for sockets
- The 10 best childproof locks for cupboards
- The 10 best child safety locks for windows
- The 10 best door safety gates
- The 8 best child safety gates for children’s beds
- The 10 best safety gates for stairs
- The 9 best playpens for babies
- The 9 best corner and edge protection products