Anyone can make a normal sandwich. A warm sandwich with melted cheese , however, can only be made with a suitable sandwich toaster . Since the cheese often runs, you should make sure that the toaster has a non-stick coating , so that you do not have to clean the entire device after the delicious sandwich.
So that you decide on a high-quality and efficient sandwich toaster , we want to support you with a suitable checklist in your search for one. Our product recommendations are also a good starting point.
- Most sandwich toasters are suitable for preparing two sandwiches, but there are also larger devices with which you can prepare four servings .
- The surfaces can accommodate regular toast slices and/or larger sandwich bread slices.
- The patterning of the baking pan stands out on the toast after preparation. It also ensures that the sandwiches are pressed together so that the melted cheese cannot leak out.
- Toast plates with a deep shell shape offer particularly good spill protection.
- A variable handle lock makes it possible to adjust the height to the thickness of the sandwich.
- Specially pre-shaped sandwich plates can seal the toast and divide it into a triangular shape .
- A non-stick coating prevents the toast slices from caking or sticking to the plates.
- It also makes it easier for you to clean the sandwich toaster afterwards.
- Interchangeable plates expand the range of uses. A 3-in-1 appliance is particularly practical. By changing the plates, you can also use it for preparing waffles or grilling .
- The higher the wattage , the faster your sandwiches will be ready.
- There are more powerful devices with 900 or more watts. For your own occasional use for your family, at least 750 watts is appropriate.
- Sandwichtoasters have an indicator light. This indicates that the device is heating up. It automatically shuts off when a certain temperature is reached and heats again when needed.
- Some devices have an LED display with heating and temperature control light in different signal colors.
- If the unit has an automatic temperature control, it ensures even browning of the sandwich. It switches off as soon as the sandwiches are ready.
- Of practical importance is the cable rewind and the ability to store the device upright.
- A sandwich toaster gets very hot, so it should have a heat-insulated handle and a safety lock . Non-slip feet are also important.
Table of contents
Recommended Sandwich Toaster
We have compiled the best and most interesting sandwich toasters. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You are still hungry? Then you can find out about the best crepe makers here
The Best Sellers Of Sandwich Toaster
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular sandwich toasters for you.
Tip: You can learn more about the best fondue setsinthis article.
Current Offers On Sandwich Toaster
You can find the best current offers on sandwich toasters in this list.
FAQ For Sandwich Toaster
What is a sandwich toaster?
The sandwich toaster is a device with which you can bake a sandwich under the influence of heat. It also resembles a waffle iron on the outside. Most of the time, the device takes a few minutes until the sandwich is finally ready.
How does a sandwich toaster work?
First of all, the sandwich toaster needs to be turned on. It takes a while until the device is hot, usually there is a small indicator light for this: it shows when it is ready. Now the appliance is opened, the sandwich is placed inside and the appliance is closed again. The sandwich is thus virtually clamped in place. The duration of toasting depends on individual preferences. You can open the device in between and check the browning. Most devices need 3 to 6 minutes.
How to clean a sandwich toaster?
When cleaning a sandwich toaster, you should be careful not to damage the coating (e.g. by scraping it off or working it too hard with a rough sponge. The best way is to wipe the not warm device with kitchen paper (be careful not to burn your fingers). Usually this is enough. If not, you can wait until the device has cooled down and put a wet cloth (with some washing-up liquid if necessary) in the device like a sandwich. After half an hour of soaking, the dirt can be easily removed. Models that have removable attachments are particularly good. These can be easily cleaned under the running tap.
How long does a sandwich toaster take?
How long a sandwich should stay in a sandwich toaster depends on the type of device and individual taste. On average, it takes 5 minutes for the delicious sandwich to be ready.
How much does a sandwich toaster cost?
Depending on the size, a sandwich toaster can cost up to 60 euros. However, you can also find smaller models starting at about 30 euros.
How big is a sandwich toaster?
With a classic sandwich toaster, you can usually prepare two sandwiches. However, there are also larger models with which you can bake four sandwiches at the same time. Some devices can even be used for other purposes by changing the plates. For example, you can also grill or make waffles.
How powerful should a sandwich toaster be?
If you want to use the sandwich toaster regularly, it should have at least 700 watts of power
How can leakage be prevented?
When the cheese melts, leftovers often stick to the device. But this does not have to be the case! With the right non-stick coating, the cheese does not stick to the device, so that subsequent cleaning is also much easier.
Which sandwich toasters are available?
Among other things, there are sandwich toasters with different patterns. Deep shapes can also help prevent the cheese from spilling. In addition, the handle should not heat up during the baking process, which is why it must be insulated. In order for the device to have good stability, it must also have anti-slip feet.
More On The Topic
- The 6 best donut makers – guidebook
- The 9 best rice stoves – guidebook
- The 13 best fondue sets – guidebook
- The 10 best waffle irons – guidebook
- The 7 best crêpes makers – guidebook
- The best kitchen appliances for the household – guidebook
- The 8 best bread makers – How to
- The 6 best popcorn makers – guidebook
- The 7 best cotton candy machines – guidebook
- The 10 best egg stoves – guidebook
- The 8 best microwave ovens – guidebook
- The 6 best chocolate fountains – Guidebook
- The 8 best raclette grills – guidebook
- The 4 best Thermomix alternatives – How to guide
- The 7 best steam cookers – guidebook
- The 10 best play tableware sets for children’s kitchens – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s tableware sets – guidebook
- The 10 best dishwashers – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s cutlery sets – guidebook
- The 10 best cookware sets – guidebook
- The 8 best barbecue cutlery sets – guidebook
- The 8 best drinking cups – guidebook
- The 10 best coffee grinders – guidebook
- The 8 best coffee makers – guidebook
- The 10 best French Press coffee makers – guidebook
- The 8 best Kettles – Guidebook
- The 10 best glass bottle water spargers – guidebook
- The 9 best tea makers for the home – guidebook
- The 10 best ice cube makers – guidebook
- The 6 best smoothie makers – guidebook
- The 10 best juicers – How to
- The 8 best milk frothers – guidebook
- The 6 best orange presses – guidebook