Steamers save space and are versatile. They come in different sizes and with additional features. However, since there are many models on the market, we have looked at the different manufacturers for you.
Our checklist covers the most important aspects and in our product recommendations we have compiled the best models for you. You’re sure to find what you’re looking for in these steamers.
- There are larger steamers with several cooking containers, but also very simple models.
- The size should depend on the number of people.
- To save you a lot of trouble, the water tank should be fillable from the outside . Another important criterion is the size of the water tank.
- As a rule, most models have a capacity of about 3 liters of water. You can use the device with this for about 20 to 50 minutes.
- Smaller models with a capacity of only one or two liters are more suitable for a single household.
- If you have a large family, you should look for a steamer with a water tank that can hold at least 8 liters. You will need this amount if you want to prepare a complete menu for four people.
- Cooking healthy and delicious food is especially easy with most steamers, as you can even prepare dishes with different cooking points at the same time.
- To prevent odors and flavors from mixing, you should go for a higher-quality appliance.
- By arranging the containers next to each other instead of on top of each other, you are also on the safe side with less expensive appliances.
- To be able to cook flexibly, the steamer should have containers in different sizes and designs. Containers with and without holes are practical. The “icing on the cake” is an additional cooking plate.
- Make sure that the operation of the ste amer is not too complicated.
- A digital display is recommended, on which you can easily read the set time. A rotary control is unfortunately somewhat inaccurate. Only a timer that can be set precisely prevents the food from overcooking.
- In addition, the food selected for cooking should be displayed and optimally prepared with the help of corresponding programs.
- A water level indicator gives you an overview of when you need to refill the water.
- An automatic shut-off or at least an acoustic signal when the water level drops into a critical range is important to prevent damage to the steamer.
- By selecting different programs , you don’t have to remember the required cooking times . At least, appropriate lists should be included in the scope of delivery so that nothing gets overcooked. In some devices, these are also printed on the housing.
- A great thing is a keep-warm function, with which you can keep the finished food warm for about 40 minutes or even longer.
- Many appliances have a timer that automatically activates this function when the cooking time is up.
Table of contents
Recommended Steam Cookers
We have compiled the best and most interesting steam cookers. You can find our recommendations of steamers here.
Tip: You can find many great vaporizers in our The 8 Best Vaporizers – Guide.
The Best Sellers Of Steam Cookers
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular steam cookers for you.
Tip: You can find many more kitchen appliances in our The best kitchen appliances for the home – guide.
Current Offers Of Steam Cookers
You can find the best current offers on steam cookers in this list.
FAQ About Steam Cookers
In a steamer, vegetables, fish or meat can be cooked gently.
Fish, meat & vegetables retain their nutrients.
Depending on the model, potatoes take about 30 minutes in the steamer.
The water is heated and creates a vacuum in the container. The steam then rises into the stacked, holed containers. The food is cooked evenly and gently by the steam. The pressure also ensures a successful cooking process.
Salmon is ready particularly quickly in a steamer, usually taking up to 6 minutes.
A combi steamer is a combination oven and steamer. It combines all the usual oven functions with the steam function and turns the appliance into a true all-rounder.
More On The Topic
- The best kitchen appliances for theshalt – Guide
- The 8 best pans for the kitchen – guidebook
- The 10 best kitchen scales – guidebook
- The best refrigerators and freezers – guidebook
- The 5 best sterilizers – Guidebook
- The 8 best bread makers – guidebook
- The 6 best freezers – guidebook
- The 10 best waffle irons – How to
- The 10 best bread pots – How to
- The 13 best fondue sets – guidebook
- The 5 best pressure cookers – guidebook
- The 7 best hand blenders – guidebook
- The best cleaning devices forhome – Guidebook
- The 7 best pipe cleaning spirals – Guidebook
- The 9 best pipe cleaners – guidebook
- The 7 best high pressure cleaners – Guidebook
- The 12 best window cleaners – Guidebook
- The 8 best disinfectants – guidebook
- The 9 best diaper pails – guidebook
- The 9 best vacuum cleaner robots for home – guidebook
- The 9 best vacuum cleaners for home – Guidebook
- The 10 best vacuum cleaners with wiping function – Guidebook
- The 7 best robotic vacuum cleaners with mopping function – Guidebook
- The 9 best corner and edge protection products – Ratgeber
- The 10 best stair guards – Guidebook
- The 10 best door safety gates – Guidebook
- The 8 best child safety gates for children’s beds – guidebook
- The 15 best child safety locks in the household – Guidebook
- The 15 best child-proof locks for sockets – Guidebook
- The 10 best child-proof locks for cupboards – guidebook
- The 10 best child-proof locks for windows – Guidebook