In a stressful workday , Meal-Prepping eases the worry of proper nutrition for many people. Meal prep boxes are used as a storage place, because people like to prepare the whole meal and thus need a lot of storage space (in separate containers).
We have taken a closer look at Meal-Prep boxes and compared individual products. In our product recommendations, we have compiled the best models for you. You’re sure to find what you’re looking for in these meal prep boxes.
- A good seal is important so that liquids cannot leak out. This also allows soups, dressings and drinks to be taken along without worry.
- A division into separation compartments for different foods ensures that the food stays fresh, as they are mixed only briefly before consumption.
- There are also whole sets of boxes to buy. This allows you to take different dishes, or even appetizers and desserts.
- Stainless steel is easy to clean, but also comparatively heavy.
- Plastic , on the other hand, is lightweight but not microwave safe.
- Most variants are also suitable for the freezer, such as the set from FITPREP. Look for high-quality and durable material, such as polypropylene (PP). The plastic should also be BPA-free.
- Glass is fragile and heavy, but the most sustainable option. They are even oven safe, unlike the other materials.
- There are no seals that guarantee you suitability for the microwave, dishwasher or oven. That’s why it’s even more important to pay close attention to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Most boxes have at least 3 or 4 compartments . This is usually enough for one meal.
- If you need more, you can use additional boxes.
- The compartment division is typical for Meal Prep boxes, which is why there are none with only one compartment. That would be a regular bowl or box. There are also no accessories, so the principle is quite minimalist.
- The idea comes from Japan (“bento box”).
- These bento boxes usually have 4 compartments.
- Meal prep boxes can have more or less compartments. Sometimes cutlery is also included in the set.
Table of contents
Recommended Meal Prep Boxes
We have compiled the best and most interesting Meal Prep boxes. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
The Best Sellers Of Meal Prep Boxes
In a list of bestsellers, we have compiled the most popular Meal Prep boxes for you.
Tip: You’ll find lots of great water spinners in our The 10 best water spinners with glass bottles – guide.
Current Offers Of Meal-Prep-Boxes
You can find the best current offers on Meal Prep Boxes in this list.
FAQ For Meal-Prep-Boxes
Meal prep is an English abbreviation for “meal preparation”, which means the preparation of food.
The shelf life of your meal prep depends on the food and how it is stored. Many things can be stored in the refrigerator for three to four days. However, cooked eggs, raw salad, dishes with raw egg, prepared fish or prepared pasta should be consumed sooner. Therefore, always inform yourself about the proper storage and shelf life of the foods you use. This way you can plan your week better. For storage, there are practical boxes that are made especially for meal prep. In our guide you will find the 10 best variants. One more tip: The shelf life is greatly extended if you freeze the dishes. However, not all foods are suitable for freezing.
A bento box is a box that resembles a lunch box. It usually has four compartments so that you can store prepared dishes or take them with you and certain ingredients do not mix unintentionally. The idea comes from Japan. There are also other meal prep boxes, these have then among other things also more or less than exactly 4 compartments.
What you put in your Bento Box is up to you. What is good is what tastes good and is durable for some time or at least can be taken along. How about a pasta salad with baguette and dip?
Which Bento Box is the best depends on what you want to cook and store or take with you. For some people one compartment is enough, for others 4 compartments are still too few. Great are also whole sets, so you can vary best. We have listed the 10 best bento boxes and collected them in our guide.
A meal prep box is a container that has several compartments. It is popular when dishes are prepared entirely, so for example a salad with its various components and sauce. The separation of the container parts ensures that the different foods do not touch each other before consumption and thus soften.
Which boxes are right for you depends on your dishes. If you are cooking a dish where one container compartment is sufficient (e.g. stew), you can use simpler meal prep boxes. However, if you are preparing a salad where you do not want the different contents to touch each other before consumption, it is more advisable to use a box with multiple compartments.
More On The Topic
Sports and fitness
- The 8 best fitness bands – guide
- The 8 best steppers for home use – guidebook
- The 7 best heart rate monitors for athletes – guidebook
- The 7 best sports shoes for kids – How to guide
- The 10 best diet shakes – How to
- The 17 best climbing frames for children – guidebook
- The 4 best trampolines from Hudora – How to guide
- The best kitchen appliances for the home – Guidebook
- The 8 best pans for the kitchen – Guidebook
- The 10 best kitchen scales – guidebook
- The best refrigerators and freezers – guidebook
- The 5 best sterilizers – How to guide
- The 8 best breadmakers – guidebook
- The 6 best freezers – guidebook
- The 10 best waffle irons – How to
- The 10 best bread pots – How to
- The 13 best fondue sets – guidebook
- The 5 best pressure cookers – guidebook
- The 7 best hand blenders – guidebook
Cleaning at home
- The best cleaning tools for the home – Guidebook
- The 7 best pipe cleaning spirals – Guidebook
- The 9 best pipe cleaners – How to guide
- The 7 best high pressure cleaners – How to guide
- The 12 best window cleaners – How to
- The 8 best disinfectants – guidebook
- The 9 best diaper pails – guidebook
- The 9 best vacuum cleaner robots for home – guidebook
- The 9 best vacuum cleaners for home – Guidebook
- The 10 best vacuum cleaners with wiping function – Guidebook
- The 7 best mopping robots – guidebook