Every household knows it: The water no longer flows properly. For this purpose, there are pipe cleaners that dissolve residues in the pipe in a very short time and thus destroy blockages and bad odors. To make your decision easier and to give you a better overview of the different pipe cleaners, we have taken a closer look at pipe cleaners and compared individual products.
In our product recommendations, we have compiled the best pipe cleaners for you. In this way, you are sure to find a suitable pipe cleaner for your purposes, with which you can do your work quickly and professionally.
- Pipe cleaner and water form a caustic lye that destroys and removes organic compounds in the pipe.
- Use in the kitchen (against clogging caused by food).
- Use in the bathroom (Against clogging, e.g. by hair in the sink).
- Keep out of reach of children. Most cleaners also have a safety cap.
- In addition, never pour the pipe cleaner into the toilet or shower: The caustic lye may not drain or may drain poorly, causing damage through the eyes and skin. It can also harden and cause irreversible damage.
- Bevery careful and/or use gloves.
- Donot leave residue in the sink: When using, make sure the product only goes into the pipe.
- Usually foul odor: Best to close door, open window and stay out of room.
- Pipe cleaner contains potassium or sodium hydroxide (corrosive).
- Chlorine and oxidants are also possible.
- Sustainability: Many pipe cleaners are very aggressive and harm the environment. That’s why there are also sustainable cleaners, like the one from bio-chem from our product recommendations.
Table of contents
Recommended Pipe Cleaners For Do-It-Yourselfers
Tip: You can find many great cleaning tips in our cleaning equipment for home – guide.
The Best Sellers Of Pipe Cleaners For Home Craftsmen
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popular pipe cleaners for you.
Tip: You can find many great high-pressure cleaners in our high-pressure cleaner guide.
Current Offers Of Pipe Cleaners For Do-It-Yourselfers
Here you will find a collection of current offers on pipe cleaners.
FAQ About Pipe Cleaners
Pipe cleaners must never be used in the toilet, as corrosive alkaline solutions are formed. These can not flow off, so that eyes and skin will be cauterized. There are special cleaners for cleaning toilets.
The aim of the pipe cleaner is to destroy organic compounds. It has a strong corrosive effect together with water and outside the pipes it destroys all living things.
Yes. Due to the high environmental impact of some manufacturers, sustainable products have also been developed. They clean just as well and pollute the environment much less than their competitors.
Manual and chemical pipe clean ers can be found on the market. Manual cleaners include the Industrial RoPump and the Industrial Compressed Air Pipe Cleaner (both from Rothenberger). However, they are usually only used for pipe blockages, which is why the chemical version is used more in everyday life.
If you use too much of the cleaner, it gets too hot in the pipe and crystallizes . This causes the pipe to clog. Then you have to run some hot water and hope that this will break up the blockage. Therefore: Always check the manufacturer’s instructions carefully!
More On The Topic
Cleaning at home
- The best cleaning devices for at home – guidebook
- The 7 best pipe cleaning spirals – guidebook
- The 9 best pipe cleaning devices – guidebook
- The 7 best high pressure cleaners – Guidebook
- The 12 best window cleaners – How to
- The 8 best disinfectants – guidebook
- The 9 best diaper pails – guidebook
- The 9 best vacuum cleaner robots for home – guidebook
- The 9 best vacuum cleaners for home – Guidebook
- The 10 best vacuum cleaners with wiping function – Guidebook
- The 7 best mopping robots – Guidebook
- The 7 best chlorine tablets for the pool – guidebook
- The 8 best flocculants for the pool – guidebook
- The 10 best pool vacuums – guidebook
- The 7 best pool robots – guidebook
- The 7 best sand filter systems for the pool – guidebook
- The 8 best pool covers – guidebook
Child safety devices in the household
- The 9 best corner and edge protection products – Guidebook
- The 15 best child safety locks in the household – Guidebook
- The 15 best childproofing products for sockets – guidebook
- The 10 best child-proof locks for cupboards – Guidebook
- The 10 best safety gates for stairs – Advisor
- The 10 best door safety gates – Advisor
- The 8 best child safety gates for children’s beds – guidebook