Do you want to get your body in shape for the summer and get some exercise? A cross trainer can help you get a little closer to your personal goal. However, in order for your body to show long-term results, you should inform yourself about important terms such as the weight of the flywheel mass or the suitable stride length before buying. Otherwise, you may be disappointed after a short time and give up your good intentions too quickly.
Our checklist gives you a summary of the most important factors and functions of a cross-trainer. Concrete product recommendations show you products from different manufacturers. Now there are no more excuses: Find the perfect cross trainer here and start training.
- If you want to buy a cross trainer, you will very often come across the term elliptical trainer when searching for the right device. But what is the difference between a cross trainer and an elliptical trainer? After all, both devices look quite similar. The difference is actually quite minimal and is only due to the positioning of the flywheel. On the cross trainer, it’s at the back, while on the elliptical it’s at the front. So in the end, it’s a matter of taste which device you choose.
- A cross trainer is a device that you ideally use regularly. Therefore, you should pay attention to good quality and workmanship. It is important that the trainer does not make a rickety impression or has parts that you might feel wear out quickly. It is also important that the trainer is not too light, otherwise, it will start to wobble or slide too quickly, which will no longer make a comfortable workout possible.
- The flywheel mass on a cross-trainer is responsible for ensuring that the workout is round and easy on the joints, and also that different movement intensities are possible. Simpler devices have a flywheel mass of six kilos, which is too little. Sports experts advise a flywheel mass of at least 18 kilograms. Basically, the greater the mass, the better. Since you certainly want a challenging workout, you should ask yourself whether you are a beginner, already advanced, or professional and take this into account regarding the flywheel mass.
- Before you buy a cross trainer, you should look at the floor space it requires. It is also very important to pay attention to the height of the room in which you want to train. The room should have a height of at least 2.20 meters for smaller people and 2.50 meters for taller people. Therefore, not every basement room is suitable for a cross-trainer.
- In order to diversify your training as much as possible, the machine should have an easy-to-use training computer. The computer should allow for resistance adjustment and also have different programs so that you can exercise at different intensities during a training session. Not only is this varied, but different loads provide a better muscle workout.
- The pedals should be placed on the machine so that you can stand on them safely and comfortably. The legs should not be in an X or O-B position during the workout. Each movement should be performed harmoniously and smoothly. In turn, the bar handles are ideally positioned so that they are between the elbows and shoulders.
- Ultimately, the design is secondary. However, if you buy a crosstrainer for a few hundred or even more than a thousand euros, you want it to be not only functional , but also convincing in terms of its design . However, since the range of crosstrainers is very extensive, it is guaranteed that you will find a crosstrainer that is not only high quality in its functionality , but also has a design that exactly matches your taste.
Table of contents
Here you can find the top 10 most popular cross trainers.
Tip: Want to try a new sport? Here you can find everything about tennis rackets.
The Best Sellers Of Cross Trainers
We have compiled the most popular crosstrainers for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Do you want to continue doing sports? Then check out our article on table tennis.
Current Offers For Crosstrainer
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the crosstrainer section.
FAQ About Crosstrainers
A cross trainer is a piece of sports equipment that is often used to train endurance. Here, essentially all the main muscle groups are trained and addressed.
At the beginning you train at least 2 times a week and slowly increase your training frequency, i.e. increase the training units. In order for the muscles to regenerate sufficiently, a training day is followed by a rest day.
With the help of the cross trainer you can train your whole body. The arm bars make it possible to train the entire upper body. Different training programs provide additional variety and help you stay motivated.
A crosstrainer can be very effective if you choose the right model. It must be adapted to your body and weight so that you have enough legroom and can perform the exercises properly.
The treadmill usually gives you a better workout and burns more calories. However, if you choose the cross trainer, you can target individual muscle groups more.
Depending on the resistance, you can burn 700 calories per hour on the cross trainer.
- The 8 best pezzi balls – guidebook
- The 8 best medicine balls – guidebook
- The 10 best treadmills – guidebook
- The 10 best climbing ropes – guidebook
- The 9 best home gyms for an effective workout – advice
- The 10 best punching bags for the home – Guidebook
- The 8 best basketball hoops for home – How to guide