One of the favorite exercises of many athletes: rowing. With rowing exercises, you train almost the entire back muscles. Especially the lat and middle muscles are strengthened by the exercise, which leads to a better posture and breathing. Find out here what you have to look for when buying rowing machines and what criteria you can use to recognize good rowing machines.
We have not only compiled a checklist with the most important criteria for rowing machines, but also many product recommendations for you. We will help you choose the right rowing machine.
- When buying a rowing machine, pay attention to the size and the space you have available in your house or apartment for the sports equipment, because rowing machines can reach lengths of over 2 meters.
- Foldable models, however, offer a good workout option at home even with lengths of 1.30 meters.
- The machine itself weighs up to 50kg. Therefore, pay attention to the floor conditions of the room so that you do not exceed the load capacity.
- Water resistance: comes closest to actual rowing, as it also mimics the sounds. It is the quietest of all types of rowers. This type of rower is especially popular.
- Cable or hydraulic system: these variants can quickly become too light, but are therefore particularly suitable for beginners.
- Magnetic system: very quiet and inexpensive.
- Air system: high and even resistance, but also comparatively loud.
- It is important to check the suitability of the rowing machine.
- Most models have a maximum user weight of 110 – 150 kg and should not be used with a higher body weight for safety reasons.
- The maximum body height is also important for safe use. This varies between 175 – 200 cm for models.
- Select high flywheel mass for high weight. I.d.R. the flywheel mass is between 6.5 and 10 kg.
- Here, the manufacturer’s instructions should be followed to avoid injury.
- In addition to the components of the device, there are also many accessories that can drive up the price.
- For example, music can sometimes be played on the sports device. As a rule, this is needed rather rarely.
- There are rowing machines with displays that imitate an actual rowing session using pictures and videos.
- You can also purchase fitness trackers that give you an insight into your body values during the workout.
Table of contents
Recommended Rowing Machines
Here you can find the top 10 most popular rowing machines.
Tip: For more equipment recommendations for working out at home, check out our home gym guide.
The Best Sellers Of Rowing Machines
We have compiled the most popular rowing machines for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find many great diet shakes in our guide to diet shakes.
Current Offers For Rowing Machine
Here you can find a selection of current offers for rowing machines.
FAQ About Rowing Machines
Rowing machines are popular because they work many muscle groups at once. On a rower, the leg muscles, torso, upper body and cardiovascular system are trained. This makes the workout on the rower comprehensive and provides a workout for the entire body.
As a rule, you should train on the rowing machine for 30 – 45 minutes. However, this is highly dependent on your own fitness level and state of health. The intensity of the training is also important. Since training with the rowing machine is intense and demanding, you should only train every 2 – 3x per week and give your body rest breaks in between.
Besides many small back muscles, the back consists of these large muscle groups: the trapezius muscle, the deltoid muscle, the latissimus and the autochthonous back muscles.
Rowing exercises many muscle groups throughout the body. By extending and bending the legs, the leg muscles and the trunk are worked. The rowing motion is performed by the back muscles and the biceps, while the abdominal muscles stabilize. In addition, the cardiovascular system is trained.
Which of the two machines is better depends on your individual expectations and ideas. However, it can be estimated that a cross trainer is more sought after by cardio lovers than a rowing machine. A rowing machine not only trains the cardiovascular system, but also strengthens the muscles, which makes it much more strenuous to use.
- The top 9 martial arts shoes – advice
- The 8 best fitness trackers – guidebook
- The 8 best fitness bands – guidebook
- The 8 best ab trainers – How to
- The 7 best multipresses for home workout – guidebook
- The best kitchen appliances for the home – Guidebook
- The 8 best pans for the kitchen – How to guide
- The 10 best kitchen scales – guidebook
- The best fridges and freezers – guidebook
- The 5 best sterilizers – How to guide
- The 8 best breadmakers – guidebook
- The 6 best freezers – guidebook
- The 10 best waffle irons – How to
- The 10 best bread pots – How to
- The 13 best fondue sets – guidebook
- The 5 best pressure cookers – guidebook
- The 7 best hand blenders – guidebook
Cleaning at home
- The best cleaning tools for the home – Guidebook
- The 7 best pipe cleaning spirals – How to guide
- The 9 best pipe cleaners – How to guide
- The 7 best high pressure cleaners – How to guide
- The 12 best window cleaners – How to
- The 8 best disinfectants – guidebook
- The 9 best diaper pails – guidebook
- The 9 best vacuum cleaner robots for home – guidebook
- The 9 best vacuum cleaners for home – Guidebook
- The 10 best vacuum cleaners with wiping function – Guidebook
- The 7 best mopping robots – Guidebook