The stepper is the optimal tool for getting fit at home. In particular, it works your endurance, thigh, abdominal, and Pomus muscles. You can adjust the training to your level and increase the challenge more and more. Especially important for your selection is the model you choose, for example, you have the choice between different heights, mini-steppers, handles, and much more.
In our checklist below, we have researched and compiled the most important facts and figures about the stepper for you. After that, you can find the best steppers for home in our product recommendation. Just pick the one you like best.
Table of contents
The Best Sellers Of The Stepper
We have compiled the most popular steppers for you in this bestseller list.
Checklist For Stepper
- Stepping boards can usually be changed in height. You can choose between 3 adjustable sizes (10 cm, 15 cm or 20cm ).
- Steppers or mini-steppers can be adjusted in difficulty. Steppers are available with and without hand straps.
- Airwalkers are steppers with handles, similar to cross trainers.
- Some steppers have an integrated display that shows the steps and possibly more.
- On very fancy models, you can record your workout progress via app on your smart phone.
- Both steppers and step boards are space-saving fitness equipment for the home.
- Airwalkers take up more floor space and are not portable.
- Mini steppers consist of two treads that you move by shifting your body weight.
- Airwalkers have two large treads, each attached to a handle, and are moved by shifting your weight to the appropriate leg or by moving the handles with your arms.
- Aerobic step boards are boards that may be elevated by blocks (depending on the model).
- The stepping board is a classic in aerobics and is suitable for a variety of exercises.
- The mini stepper simulates stair climbing.
- Airwalker or stepper with handle bars simulate jogging or walking, but much more gentle on the joints (useful for beginners, with joint problems or severe overweight).
- The difference between airwalkers and cross or elliptical trainers is the lack of flywheel mass.
- With airwalkers you train only with your own body weight, with cross / elliptical trainers you can adjust the resistance of the flywheel mass and the motion sequence is different.
- Side steppers simulate skating or cross-country skiing.
- Workout anytime, whenever you want, regardless of the weather.
- Mini ste ppers and sideways ste ppers mainly work the legs, buttocks, lower back and abdomen.
- Since mini-steppers involve virtually the entire body, you can get fitter and more toned overall, as well as improve your posture.
- Good for the cardiovascular system and endurance.
- Additional hand straps work out your arms, back and shoulders as well.
- Aerobic stepping boards are very versatile and can be used to train almost all parts of the body.
- You can also adjust the resistance up to 8 levels depending on the intensity and make your workout even more challenging.
- The prerequisite is a good training plan and the knowledge of what you can do with the stepping board.
Here you can find the top 8 most popular steppers.
- UNDER DESK ELLIPTICAL- Great Mothers Day Gift! Cubii JR1 pedal exerciser is the leading compact and ergonomic mini elliptical that lets you workout or rehab while you sit at home or the office
- WORK FROM HOME FITNESS - Now you can exercise while you work from home - right at your desk! Burn calories, lose weight, and feel great with Cubii elliptical machines for home use
- LOW IMPACT, ULTRA SMOOTH ELIPTICAL EXERCISE MACHINE - Move a little more each day to reach your wellness goals! Use this under-desk elliptical, burn calories, improve mobility, and increase strength
- BUILT-IN LCD DISPLAY FITNESS TRACKER - The digital monitor allows you to keep up with your progress by tracking calories burned, strides pedaled, distance traveled, and more! Use the Cubii mobile app to manually enter stats for even more features!
- LEG EXERCISER - Make this Cubii elliptical the perfect fitness gift for a parent or grandparent. This compact elliptical machine is approachable for all ages to use. A great pedal exerciser for seniors, those rehabilitating, or those looking to burn extra calories
- USE THE CUBII MOBILE APP – Use the Cubii mobile app to track your progress by manually entering the data from your LCD display
- COMPARE WITH OTHER WORKOUT EQUIPMENT FOR HOME WORKOUTS - Under desk bike pedal exerciser, under desk treadmill, stair stepper, steppers for exercise, mini exercise bike, Lifepro Under Desk Elliptical, Sunny Health & Fitness, Stamina InMotion, Desk Cycle, Vaunn Medical
- The original Reebok Step was first introduced to studios and health clubs back in 1989 as a revolutionary and highly effective cardio workout. It quickly became an international phenomenon, as millions of people from around the world used the Step to stay in shape. Fitness trends will change, but the Reebok Step is the trusted workout platform that stands the test of time.
- The latest evolution of the Reebok Step features 3 quick-to-change height adjustments (15/20/25cm) so you can tailor the intensity of your aerobic workout to your own personal fitness level. Simply click and lock the feet to your desired height and you’re good to go! The slip-resistant rubber feet will ensure a solid, stable fitness platform.
- The raised ‘bubble’ textured surface offers even more grip, giving you the confidence you need to jump, step, lunge and straddle your way to one of the most fun, engaging and effective ways to torch calories and burn fat. Stepping also helps to keep the brain active through the choreographed moves!
- The original piece of group fitness equipment, imitated the world over, out-performs the cheaper competition across the board, particularly when it comes to build quality. The Reebok Step is both lightweight and easy to move and store, yet solid and robust enough to stand up to the toughest of workouts. With a maximum user weight of 110kg (approx. 17 stone), this Step is built to last.
- Adjustable intensity: Equipped with an adjustment knob, you can adjust the height of the pedals according to your wishes.
- Resistance Band: The exercise stepper is equipped with resistance bands that allow you to train your arms, chest, back and shoulders while you train your legs and build a perfect figure.
- Compact and comfortable: it takes up little space, you can place it anywhere in your house and train comfortably at any time. It will not cause any inconvenience and is also very suitable for your family to do sports.
- 【LCD Monitor】The stepper is equipped with an LCD monitor that clearly records the training time, calorie consumption and total count, so you can understand your training situation and plan the next training plan appropriately.
- 【Indoor Sport】Made of high quality ABS material, durable, non-slip. With a high-quality hydraulic cylinder and a spring with better damping effect, the stepper is more stable and safer to use and offers you a better training experience.
Tip: Fun games for kids are available for you in our guide to the best hairdressing heads.
Current Offers For Stepper
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the Stepper section.
Tip: You’ll find lots of great products for kitchen and household in our guide to the best vitamin tablets for kids.
FAQ About Steppers
For a good work out you should train 4 times a week between 20 and minutes with the stepper.
Steppers are primarily designed for endurance training.
The stepper is a piece of sports equipment that is designed to train muscles and endurance.
Especially the buttocks and thigh muscles are trained with the stepper.
A stepper can burn up to 700 kilocalories per hour.
There are countless exercises you can do on the stepper, there is no end to your creativity. Among the most popular are the lunge, the knee lift and the basic step.
When training with the stepper, various exercises are performed with its help. It is important that the legs always remain at the same angle and the upper body is in an upright position. To involve the arms you can use dumbbells.
With a twist stepper, movements are performed not only from top to bottom, but also sideways.
Any form of rhythmic and dynamic music is suitable for training with the stepper.
Both steppers and cross trainers are very effective machines. To get in optimal shape, you should alternate between both machines to get the most potential out of your workout.
- The 8 best fitness bands – adviceer
- The 8 best steppers for home use – How to guide
- The 7 best heart rate monitors for sportsmen – Guidebook
- The 7 best sports shoes for kids – How to guide
- The 10 best diet shakes – How to
- The 17 best climbing frames for children – guidebook
- The 4 best trampolines from Hudora – Guidebook
- The 10 best rowing machines – advice
- The 9 best home gyms for an effective workout – advice
- The 6 best horizontal bars for children – guidebook
- The 7 best sports buggies – advice
- The 7 best heart rate monitors for athletes – advice
Exercise for kids
- The 10 best bouncy castles for indoors and outdoors – guidebook
- The 6 best bouncing mattresses for children – guidebook
- The 8 best bouncing balls for children – guidebook
- The 4 best trampolines from Berg – Guidebook
- The 6 best trampolines from Salta – Guidebook
- The 6 best 305cm trampolines – guidebook
- The 7 best ground trampolines for children – guidebook
- The 15 best garden trampolines for children – guidebook