Table of contents
You want to do sports at home? Then a treadmill could be just the thing for you. The choice of treadmill depends, among other things, on whether you are still a beginner or have already stood on a treadmill in the gym many times.
To make your decision easier, we have created a suitable checklist for you, which takes into account all the important information. In our product recommendations you will also find concrete purchase incentives. So you can soon achieve your first successes on your own treadmill!
- For a safe running workout, the size of the treadmill is crucial. Therefore, you should pay attention to the width and length of the running surface.
- For beginners, a minimum width of 35 centimeters and a minimum length of 110 centimeters are recommended.
- More experienced runners better choose a treadmill with a minimum width of 50 centimeters and a minimum length of 150 centimeters.
- In addition, you should consider the material of the treadmill<. The top side should be made of polyurethane, while the bottom side should be made of nylon-polyester fabric.
- A powerful motor is the heart of a treadmill. It is responsible for the maximum achievable speed.
- You should not pay attention to the maximum power, but to the continuous power. Treadmills with a high continuous power are more durable and faster.
- The treadmill should have at least 1.5 horsepower . Advanced users should choose even more than 2 hp.
- You should keep your hands off treadmills with high speeds of, for example, 16 km/h in combination with a low motor power of 1.75 HP.
- In addition to the motor power, the damping also plays an important role.
- A treadmill that is too soft will quickly cause Achilles tendon irritation, while one that is too hard will cause joint discomfort.
- Unfortunately, most manufacturers do not specify the cushioning. Therefore, you should focus especially on well-known manufacturers like Kettler or Horizon, which have a good quality.
- In order for the treadmill to withstand the intensive load, a stable frame construction is important.
- The stability depends crucially on the treadmill’s own weight and should be at least 80 kilograms.
- Good treadmills have an electric incline-angle adjustment. This allows you to simulatehill runs and customize your workout.
- Pre-installed speed programs ensure a varied and intensive workout . The number of programs is an important purchase criterion , depending on your needs.
- Expensive models even offer app access. With the provided training software, you can select virtual routes and record your progress.
Here you can find the top 10 most popular treadmills.
Tip: Check out this article for the best dumbbells for strength training
The Best Sellers Of Treadmills
We have compiled the most popular treadmills for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Learn more about the most popular pull-up bars here
Current Offers For Treadmill
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the treadmills ection.s
FAQ About Treadmills
A treadmill is a piece of sports equipment on which you can run and exercise at the same time. There are usually different speed levels that you can set as you wish
A treadmill can be good for losing weight if you exercise on it regularly. Therefore, it is important that you run on the treadmill for about 30 minutes several times a week to achieve success
With electric treadmills you can sometimes set higher speeds. Mechanical treadmills, on the other hand, are good for strengthening muscles. However, you have to decide for yourself which treadmill is right for you
For beginners, a minimum length of 110 centimeters is suitable. If you are already familiar with the treadmill, you can also choose a treadmill with a length of 150 centimeters
If you train regularly on the treadmill, almost all muscles of the body are optimally addressed. Among other things, you can strengthen your thighs, calves and back muscles
As a rule, a treadmill should not be loaded with more than 150 kilograms. The treadmill itself is relatively stable and has a weight of 80 kilos
The belt should not be too soft, otherwise you will get joint pain after some time. Therefore, look for a high-quality belt and inform yourself as far as possible on the basis of the manufacturer’s specifications
The treadmill should provide a good overall performance so that you can reach a higher speed. Therefore, you should choose a treadmill with at least 1.5 horsepower. If you are already familiar with the treadmill from the gym, you can also choose a treadmill with 2 HP.
The top of the treadmill is usually made of polyurethane, while the bottom is made of nylon-polyester fabric. Basically, look for a high-quality processed material so that you can enjoy your treadmill for a long time
Often you can set an electric inclination angle, so that you can simulate a hill climb. With certain treadmills, it is possible to connect them to an app. This way, you can always track your progress accurately
More On The Topic
Sports And Accessories
- The 10 best weight benches – guidebook
- The 10 best cross trainers – guidebook
- The 8 best badminton rackets for beginners & advanced players – guidebook
- The 7 best heart rate monitors for athletes – advice
- The 8 best fitness trackers – guidebook
- The 8 best fitness bands – advice
- The 8 best ab trainers – guidebook
- The 9 best home gyms for an effective workout – guidebook
- The 10 most popular soccer shoes – advice
- The 10 best back exercisers – advice
- The 10 best rowing machines – advice
- The 7 best leg curlers for home – How to guide
- The 8 best steppers for home use – How to guide
- The 8 best yoga mats – advice
- The 7 best leg curlers for home use – How to guide
- The 8 best medicine balls – How to
- The 8 best pezzi balls – How to guide
- The 8 best exercise bikes for home use – guidebook
- The 18 best balance boards for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best balance boards – guidebook
- The 8 best ergometers for home use – guidebook
- The 15 best ping pong tables – How to choose
- The 10 best tennis shoes – guidebook