Storage jars offer many advantages: They are environmentally friendly, cheap, durable, and protect against food moths. Accordingly, they can be used in many ways. It is, therefore, all the more important to make the right choice when buying them. Here you can find out what you need to look out for when buying storage jars and what criteria you can use to recognize good storage jars.
We have not only compiled a checklist with the most important criteria for storage jars, but also many product recommendations for you. We will help you choose the right storage jars.
Table of contents
The Best Sellers Of Storage Jars
We have compiled the most popular storage jars for you in this bestseller list.
Checklist For Storage Jars
- Storage jars are available with screw lids or swing tops.
- The lids can also be made of bamboo or cork.
- A silicone or rubber seal makes each jar airtight and watertight.
- Most storage jars are transparent, so you can see the contents and fill level at a glance.
- Some containers can be stacked to save space.
- Storage jars can be used to store a wide variety of foods such as flour, pasta, rice, cereals or nuts.
- You can also use them for plastic-free shopping of unpacked food
- Glass jars with swing tops or screw tops are also suitable for canning, pickling and fermenting.
- Most glass jars can withstand temperatures from -20 to +120 degrees. They can be used for freezing and reheating food in the microwave.
- Storage jars can always be repurposed and used for other things like paper clips or cotton pads.
- Storage jars are available in different sizes and shapes.
- Jars are available individually or in sets of several jars of the same or different sizes.
- Small jars can have a capacity of 100 to 250 ml and larger ones from 500 to 2000 ml.
- Storage jars made of glass, often it is high-quality and shatterproof borosilicate glass, are sustainable and environmentally friendly.
- The jars should be food safe. If they have the glass-and-fork symbol, you can be sure they are free of harmful substances.
- Most storage jars are dishwasher safe, but the lids are not in every case.
- Some storage jar sets come with adhesive labels.
- Pens for direct labeling are particularly practical. The label holds well on the jar and can be removed again if necessary.
Recommended Storage Jars
Here you can find the top 10 most popular storage jars.
- 6 preserving jars with clip closure à 1.45 litres capacity, storage jars in a practical set
- GOTHIKA - This series offers preserving jars in the sizes 4.8 L, 2.5 L, 1.45 L, 1.05 L, 0.75 L, 0.5 L and 0.09 L as well as cucumber glasses in the size 4,8L
- The bright, galvanized wire-bar closure with a white ring is 100% leak-proof and therefore the glasses are ideal for storing food
- With the hermit and cucumber glasses of this series, you can preserve all kinds of fruits and vegetables easily and 100% food safe
- All glasses in the series are dishwasher safe, the clips are not
- 【Package Contents】You will receive 12 pack silver regular mouth jar lids + 12 pack bands in silver color, 12 pack gold regular mouth jar lids + 12 pack bands in gold color(Size: Regular mouth jar lid is 7 x 1.4 cm) enough quantity to share with your family or friends.
- 【High Quality Material】The mason jar Split-type Lid is made of high-quality stainless steel, which is not easy to rust, durable and can be used for many times; refrigerator and microwave oven using available and dishwasher cleaning available.
- 【Excellent Sealing】The sealing ring made of food--grade eco-friendly silicone inside the jar lid makes the mason canning jar lids with good sealing performance, air tight and leak free, each jar sealing ring features small grooves design for tight and secure fit.
- 【Split Design】The band can be applied in combination with silicone fermenting lids and stainless steel sprouting lids, the screw thread on the bottle mouth can increase the friction force of hands, which facilitates the opening of the bottle.
- 【Wide Application】Suitable for sealing the mason canning jars that stored spices, sweets, biscuits, fruits, jams, soft drinks, tea or coffee, nails, screws and other small objects, please make sure the size before purchase.
Tip: You can find many great kitchen appliances in our The best kitchen appliances for the home – guide.
Current Offers For Storage Jars
Here you will find a selection of current offers for storage jars.
Tip: You’ll find lots of great water spark lers in our The 10 best water sparklers with glass bottles – guide.
FAQ About Storage Jars
Storage jars can be used for more than just storing food. You can also use them to save packaging material when shopping. The best place to do this is at a non-packaging store. You can also use them to store cotton pads, cotton swabs, toothpicks or paper clips. They are also ideal for canning and fermenting.
Storage jars are available with screw lids and swing tops. They also differ in the type of lid, so they can be made of bamboo or cork. Some jars have a silicone or rubber seal, making them airtight and watertight.
To protect against moths, food should definitely be packed airtight. Moths can easily bite through paper and plastic packaging. Glass insulates effectively and thus protects against moth infestation. You can therefore use any storage jar that is packed airtight.
More On The Topic
- The best kitchen appliances for the home – guidebook
- The 8 best pans for the kitchen – guidebook
- The 10 best kitchen scales – guide
- The best refrigerators and freezers – guidebook
- The 5 best sterilizers – How to guide
- The 8 best breadmakers – guidebook
- The 6 best freezers – guidebook
- The 10 best waffle irons – How to
- The 10 best bread pots – How to
- The 13 best fondue sets – guidebook
- The 5 best pressure cookers – guidebook
- The 7 best hand blenders – guidebook
Cleaning at home
- The best cleaning tools for the home – Guidebook
- The 7 best pipe cleaning spirals – Guidebook
- The 9 best pipe cleaners – How to guide
- The 7 best high pressure cleaners – How to guide
- The 12 best window cleaners – How to
- The 8 best disinfectants – guidebook
- The 9 best diaper pails – guidebook
- The 9 best vacuum cleaner robots for home – guidebook
- The 9 best vacuum cleaners for home – Guidebook
- The 10 best vacuum cleaners with wiping function – Guidebook
- The 7 best robotic vacuum cleaners with mopping function – Guidebook
- The 9 best corner and edge protection products – Guidebook
- The 10 best stair guards – Advisor
- The 10 best door safety gates – guidebook
- The 8 best child safety gates for children’s beds – guidebook
- The 15 best child safety locks in the household – Advisor
- The 15 best child-proof locks for sockets – Guidebook
- The 10 best child-proof locks for cupboards – guidebook
- The 10 best child-proof locks for windows – Guidebook