Are you aiming for a flat stomach or do you want to build up and show off your muscles? Then an ab trainer is just what you need! With regular training you can see progress in a short time and get closer to your goal piece by piece. Our checklist will help you to consider all important purchase criteria. In addition, our top 8 product recommendations will make your decision easier.
- There is a wide range of ab trainers with different models that can be used in different ways to get the abdominal muscles in shape.
- There are simpler and more complex models of ab trainers.
- The simpler models include ab trainers that are made of a round frame of light metal bars and a headrest. Furthermore, there are abdominal rollers that are constructed from a wheel and two handles.
- More complex devices include so-called abdominal belts, which support the workout with electric pulses. Also in this group are leg lifts, crunch aids or sit-up benches, which are also predestined for abdominal muscle training. Some of these devices have an electronic workout computer that can be used to conveniently check performance. In addition, these computers can preset certain training programs.
- For beginners, the simple round frame trainer or the abdominal roller are sufficient. With them, a high degree of effectiveness can already be achieved. Those who pursue really ambitious goals, such as the formation of a six-pack, and want to reach their goal as quickly as possible, should opt for an abdominal belt. In turn, the devices equipped with a training computer are very convenient and provide athletes with the desired training pace.
- Basically, the more elaborate and comfortable an ab trainer is designed, the higher its purchase price.
- Whether it’s a simpler or more complex ab trainer, the quality has to be right. After all, greater forces and weights act on the ab trainer.
- Therefore, the bar elements of the trainers should be made of a solid aluminum. Steel is even better. The handles should be made of a sturdy and sweat-absorbing plastic.
- Once the ab trainer is assembled, it should have a firm stand. Nothing should wobble.
- The device should also withstand higher and regular loads.
- Each exercise should be safe to perform with the ab trainer. It should not make squeaking or grinding noises during training.
- It is therefore not advisable to use models that are too cheap.
- An ab trainer for home use should be able to be used with as little effort as possible. The ab trainer should be ready for use quickly.
- Once it is set up, it should remain in this condition. If you have limited space in your workout room, you should look for a space-saving device. Some ab trainers can be folded.
- If you want to train other parts as well, you could opt for a combination device that can also be used to train the back, for example. Also with these devices should be paid attention to a good processing and a high functionality.
Table of contents
Recommended Ab Trainers
We have compiled the best and most interesting ab trainers.
Tip: You can find more training equipment in our guide to cross trainers.
The Best Sellers Of Ab Trainers
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular ab trainers for you.
Tip: You can find the best punching bags in our guide to punching bags.
Current Offers Of Ab Trainers
You can find the best current offers on ab trainers in this list.
FAQ: The most important info about the Ab Trainer
With the ab trainer you train not only the abdominal muscles, but also the chest and back muscles at the same time.
You should train at most every other day, because the muscles need to recover. Besides, you need time to grow. In no case you should train with sore muscles.
To achieve success, it is recommended to train at least 3 times a week. In this case, 10 to 20 minutes a day is appropriate. Since the muscles also need rest, you should take a break 2 times a week.
An electric ab trainer can support your workout, but it can’t take it away completely. You have to do additional exercise, because you won’t see much change without it.
The Finnlo Tricon, for example, performs very well in test reports. When buying, you should always consider certain criteria, which we have summarized for you in the checklist above.
There are various exercises for ab trainers to develop the abdominal muscles. Usually, the manufacturer describes the function exactly in the enclosed package insert. Body tension is very important and beginners should support themselves on their knees at the beginning.
- The 10 best cross trainers – guidebook
- The 8 best fitness bands – guide
- The 7 best multipresses for home training – guidebook
- The 8 best yoga mats – How to guide
- The 10 best punching bags for home use – guidebook
- The 10 best treadmills – guidebook
- The 8 best dumbbells for strength training – How to guide
- The 10 best rowing machines – How to
- The 10 best chin up bars – advice
- The 9 best home gyms for an effective workout – guidebook
- The 6 best leg presses for home use – How to guide
- The 7 best leg curl bars for home training – guidebook
- The 7 best multipresses for home workouts – guidebook
- The 8 best steppers for home use – How to guide
- The 7 best vibration plates – How to
- The 8 best medicine balls – How to
- The 18 best balance boards for children – guidebook
- The 8 best balance boards – guidebook
- The 8 best exercise bikes for home – How to guide
- The 8 best ergometers for home use – How to guide
- The 10 best back stretcher – guidebook