Playing with a basketball is a good pastime. So that you don’t always have to dribble the ball on the floor or go to a special sports ground, you can get your own basketball hoop at home. This way you can throw balls undisturbed and improve your throwing accuracy. The basket can also be placed in different locations.
To help you find the right basketball hoop for you, we have prepared a checklist for you. Our product recommendations also offer a good supplement, as you can compare different models in different price ranges.
- You can choose between basketball hoops for wall mounting and basketball hoops with a stand. In addition, there are also smaller models with fun factors, which you can use in the room, for example, with the help of a wastebasket. These miniature models are a cheerful pastime for in-between, but not serious sports equipment.
- From relatively expensive professional equipment to a simpler basketball hoop for children, the range here is wide. Above all, it is important that the hoop has sufficient stability.
- There are basketball baskets that are firmly anchored to the ground or the much more flexible mobile version, which ideally has wheels. Mobile baskets have the advantage that you can use them at any location that offers a flat surface. After the game, you can store the basketball hoop in the garage, protected from wind and weather.
- In addition, they have the advantage that many models allow you to adjust the height of the basket individually. So even smaller fans can practice dunking, but also ambitious players can train under tournament specifications.
- Since the basketball hoop in the professional field must be mounted at a height of 3.05 meters, you should pay attention to a correspondingly large base. Practical are feet that can be filled with sand or water, which give the construction the necessary stability.
- A basketball hoop that is firmly bolted to the wall is exposed to the respective weather conditions in summer and winter. Therefore, you should make sure that the material used is as weather-resistant as possible. Especially the nets are very vulnerable here. Therefore, it is a great advantage if you can easily replace them.
- The assembly of a wall basket is usually a bit tricky. It is not so easy to install it at the exact height of 3.5 meters. It’s best to find a helper to assist you here.
- With simpler models, a backboard is often completely omitted. This saves money, but does only limited justice to the fun of shooting baskets. It does not necessarily have to be a board in the tournament size of 1.80 x 1.05 meters, but it should not be too small either. We recommend a width of at least 1 meter.
Table of contents
Recommended Basketball Hoops
We have compiled the best and most interesting basketball hoops.
Tip: Learn more about the best basketball shoeshere.
The Best Sellers Of Basketball Hoops
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular basketball hoops for you.
Tip: Your child also wants to play basketball? Here you can find the best basketball hoops for kids.
Current Offers On Basketball Hoops
You can find the best current offers on basketball hoops in this list.
FAQ: The Most Important Info About Basketball Hoops
Whether you play basketball in your spare time or professionally, a real basketball game is not possible without a basketball hoop. The goal is to hit the basketball hoop with a suitable basketball and score a point.
There are basketball hoops, which are mounted on the wall. In addition, there are also models with a stand or small miniature editions, which, however, are not suitable for real play.
A basketball hoop can be attached to the wall with screws relatively easily. Baskets with a stand, on the other hand, you can put anywhere. This is very convenient, as the basket can thus be placed in the garage or basement in the winter. To prevent the basketball hoop from falling over too quickly, it should be filled with sand or water.
A basketball hoop can cost up to over 100 euros, depending on the equipment. Cheaper copies, however, you can also buy from about 40 euros.
A basketball hoop should be installed at a height of 3.0 or 3.5 meters, so that you can hit the basket optimally.
The board usually has a diameter of 0.45 meters. If the basketball hoop has a suitable board, on the other hand, it is usually 1.80 m wide.
A basketball hoop should be very robust if you want to fix it outside. This is the only way to ensure that it can withstand any weather conditions. Therefore, the basket itself consists of a steel ring, which is almost impossible to break. For this reason, it should have a diameter of at least 19 mm. Otherwise you run the risk that this quickly shows damage. The backboard should not be made of cheap plastic, because this tears quickly.
A backboard is the board that is located behind the basket. However, there are also models which do without this board. They can be useful because many walls are not flat and therefore the throw cannot be controlled. If you hit a certain angle, you can make the perfect throw.
- The 8 best basketball shoes – guide
- The 8 best basketball jerseys – guidebook
- The 8 best basketball shoes for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best basketball hoops for kids – Guidebook
Sports and Recreation
- The 6 best leg presses for home – How to guide
- The 8 best abdominal trainers – How to
- The 10 best cross trainers – advice
- The top 9 martial arts shoes – guidebook
- The 7 best heart rate monitors for athletes – advice
- The 8 best fitness trackers – guidebook
- The 8 best fitness bands – advice
- The 8 Best Medicine Balls – Guidebook
- The 15 best soccer fan gadgets for the World Cup – How to guide
- The 10 most popular soccer shoes – How to
- The 7 best soccer goals for kids – How to guide
- The 8 best soccer balls for kids – How to guide
- The 8 best pezzi balls – How to guide
- The 10 best treadmills – Guidebook
- The 7 best massage rollers – Guidebook
- The 8 best steppers for home – How to guide
- The 7 best vibrating plates – How to choose
- The 8 best badminton rackets for beginners & advanced players – guidebook
- The 8 best speedminton sets – How to guide
- The 10 best squash rackets – guidebook
- The 10 best table tennis bats – guidebook
- The 14 best dartboards for home use – How to guide
- The 20 best foosball tables – How to choose
- The 8 best billiard tables for home – guidebook