With a trim bike for home, you can continue to stay active without going to the gym . Since the trim wheel is not particularly large, it can be placed well in the room even if space is limited. In addition, your training progress can be recorded with the help of a display, so you always know exactly what you have just achieved and what still needs to be improved.
To help you find the right exercise bike for you and quickly achieve success with it, we have created a checklist for you. Finally, you can choose between many different models in our product recommendations
- Trim bikes are usually smaller than exercise bikes. The indoor bikes simulate cycling and support endurance training that is easy on the joints.
- Many models feature a folding function for space-saving storage.
- Trim wheels with a closed ball bearing are particularly easy to maintain.
- In addition to the classic trim wheel, there are also recumbent trim wheels to relieve the spine.
- The load capacity of most trim wheels is 100 or 120 kg. However, there are also models for larger and heavier persons.
- In order for you to be able to sit comfortably and upright on the trim bike for longer periods of time, the machine should have the ability to adjust the seating position individually.
- The saddle and handlebars should be height adjustable. In addition, the distance between the handlebars and the seat should be adjustable.
- Some trim bikes have different grip positions so that your hands don’t cramp during exercise.
- Padding on the saddle and handlebars further increases comfort when using the trim bike.
- The magnetic brake has established itself as a modern and quiet replacement for the belt brake on most trim bikes.
- The magnetic brake uses an integrated magnetic field to slow down the flywheel mass , creating resistance when pedaling .
- For smooth pedaling, the flywheel mass should be at least 10 kg.
- Adjustable resistance levels are important so you can tailor your workout to your personal progress . Many trim bikes have 8 to 16 different resistance levels.
- Many exercise bikes have an on-board computer. On an integrated display , they can show you your pulse, the power of the resistance in watts, the calories burned or your cadence .
- Hand sensors in the handlebar grips make it easier to measure your pulse. So you can do without an annoying heart rate monitor on your body.
- Preprogrammed training programs offer you more variety and can be adapted to personal progress .
- Some models have a suitable fitness app, with which the training data can be easily read.
Table of contents
Recommended trim wheels
We have compiled the best and most interesting trim bikes. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: In this article you can learn more about the best dumbbells for strength training.
The best sellers of trim wheels
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular trim wheels for you.
Tip: Here you can find the best home gyms for an effective workout.
Current offers of trim wheels
You can find the best current offers on trim wheels in this list.
FAQ about trim wheels
A trim bike is also known as an ergometer or cross trainer. This represents a fitness device for building muscles and endurance. It brings a similar effect as riding a bike.
The calorie burn depends on the number of watts of the trim bike. For example, 90 watts burns about 500 kcal per hour and 150 watts burns 700 kcal per hour.
A high-quality trim wheel can cost up to 200 euros or more
Often trim bikes can be folded relatively easily, which is why you can easily store it even if there is little space in the room. If you often suffer from back pain, a trim bike with a reclining function can be the solution. Here your spine is not strained so much. The seat and handlebars should be padded so that you can sit comfortably for a long time and your hands do not hurt. In addition, the trim bike should always be able to be adjusted exactly to your body size, which is why the handlebars and saddle must be adjustable
Many trim bikes have an on-board computer with which you can record important data during the workout. This includes, for example, your calories burned so far or your pulse. With the help of an app, you can also access your data from anywhere. If you’re not sure how to best train with a trim bike, you can also try out a pre-installed taring program
Most models are designed for a weight of about 10 to 12 kilograms. However, this is only a guideline, as there are also trim wheels that can withstand higher loads
When you exercise, you burn calories. So if you use the exercise bike regularly and at the same time pay attention to a healthy diet, you should be able to notice weight loss results after some time
As a rule, a flywheel mass of 10 kilograms is recommended. You can usually set the resistance levels yourself. Depending on the model, you can choose between 8 and 16 levels
More on the topic
- The 8 best ab trainers – guide
- The 10 best pull-up bars – guidebook
- The 10 best back extensions – guidebook
- The 8 best dumbbells for strength training – guidebook
- The 10 best weight benches – How to guide
- The 7 best leg curl bars for home workouts – How to
- The 7 best multipresses for home training – How to guide
- The 8 best pezzi balls – How to guide
- The 10 best treadmills – advice
- The 8 best balance boards – How to
- The 8 best steppers for home use – How to guide
- The 7 best vibration plates – How to
- The 8 best fitness trackers – guidebook
- The 8 best fitness tapes – guidebook
- The 7 best heart rate monitors for athletes – advice
- The 7 best leg curlers for home use – Advice
- The 8 best medicine balls – How to
- The 8 best yoga mats – How to guide
- The 8 best ergometers for home use – guidebook
- The 10 best cross trainers – advice
- The 8 best badminton rackets for beginners & advanced players – guidebook
- The 8 best speedminton sets – guidebook
- The 7 best laser tag sets – guidebook
- The 9 best rollerblades for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best rollerblades for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best waveboards for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best penny boards – guidebook
- The 10 best skateboards – guidebook
- The 10 best skateboards for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best e-skateboards 2021 – guidebook
- The 10 best hoverboards – guidebook
- The 6 best 10 inch hoverboards – guidebook
- The 12 best hoverboards for kids – guidebook