Which weight is right for you and more information about weight vests can be found in our checklist. We have put together a great selection of weight vests in our product recommendations.
- Weight vests differ in size and weight. While there are vests in common sizes from S to XXL, the weight differs between 1 and 100 kg.
- The weights are usually evenly distributed on the back and chest area.
- The additional load increases the amount of strength required, so both endurance and muscle growth are promoted.
- The weight can be increased regularly to increase the load. For this purpose, a vest must be chosen on which weights can be changed.
- Weight vests are often used for training in the military and firefighters to train for emergencies where additional equipment makes the uniform more difficult to wear.
- Beginners in particular should start with light we ights. Too much weight without the necessary muscles can lead to injury.
- The weight should be increased slowly so that the muscle groups can get used to the new load.
- For longer runs, a weight of 10 kg should not be exceeded, as not only the upper body and torso are put under additional strain, but also the knees, which can react very sensitively to additional stress.
Table of contents
Recommended Weight Vests
We have compiled the best and most interesting weight vests. You can find the list of our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find practical barbecue gloves in our guide to barbecue gloves.
The Best Sellers of Weight Vests
In a list of bestsellers, we have compiled the most popular weight vests for you.
Tip: Practical gloves for gardening can be found in our guide to gardening gloves.
Current Offers of Weight Vests
You can find the best current offers on weight vests in this list.
FAQ about Weight Vests
A weight vest is designed to make the workout extra challenging. With additional weight, the sport is made more difficult. This promotes endurance and muscle strength. This training is especially important for soldiers and firefighters because they sometimes have to cover long distances with heavy equipment.
Which weight vest is the best depends on your physical fitness and the intended use. For beginners or runners, lightweight vests are suitable, for professionals and people who need to be professionally prepared for carrying weights, heavier models can be chosen.
Weight vests promote endurance and musculature, which is why they are beneficial to health when used correctly. However, incorrect use or too much weight can quickly lead to injury.
For beginners, a weight of 1 to 5 kg is suitable to get used to the additional load. For athletes with experience or, for example, firefighters or soldiers, higher loads can be selected.
More on the topic
Everything for the home gym
- The 9 best home gyms for an effective workout – guidebook
- The 8 best home ergometers – guidebook
- The 8 best abdominal trainers – guidebook
- The 10 best rowing machines – advice
- The 10 best back extensions – How to
- The 10 best treadmills – advice
- The 10 best penny boards – How to
- The 8 best yoga mats – How to guide
- The 10 best 26 inch electric bikes
- The 9 best bicycle trailers – guidebook
- The best children’s bikes – guidebook
- The 10 best stunt scooters – guidebook
- The 9 best stunt scooters for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best skateboards – guidebook
- The 10 best skateboards for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best e-skateboards 2021 – guidebook
- The 9 best inline skates for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best roller skates for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best waveboards for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best sneakers for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best skates for kids – guidebook