Bouldering is a great activity to build your basic fitness. Bouldering helps build muscles, promotes coordination, and improves your sense of balance, and you can do the sport outside on a rock or on the climbing wall in the hall. But bouldering is only really fun with the right bouldering shoes, which provide a stable grip while climbing and relieve the feet.
We have summarized the most important buying criteria for bouldering shoes for you in our compact checklist. It is also worth taking a look at our product recommendations: Here you can find the best bouldering shoes quickly and easily accessible at a glance.
- When buying your bouldering shoes, it is crucial that you choose the right size.
- Brand new bouldering shoes should fit tightly to very tightly, so that you do not slip off when bouldering, but still do not press, so that the shoe continues to sit comfortably.
- Bouldering shoes are made by numerous companies, the most popular bouldering shoes come from La Sportiva, Scarpa and Millet.
- As for the colors, you have free choice. Boulder shoes come in all kinds of colors.
- However, the most important purchase criterion for bouldering shoes is the grip, because this massively influences the climbing experience.
- Make sure that the sole has a stable grip, it should be made of resistant rubber, which has good adhesion. A slight downturn in the teeth and a profiled toe are good support.
- The shoe should also provide a preload to ensure that your feet do not lose the tension, but still, sit comfortably.
- Breathable bouldering shoes add a lot to the comfort.
- A symmetrical shoe scores high on coziness because the construction is the same as an everyday street shoe.
- An asymmetrical shoe puts the foot in a better position to better master small steps, but at the same time it requires more experience, as handling the shoe requires certain technical know-how.
- Therefore, for beginners , the symmetrical shoe is recommended, while advanced climbers should resort to an asymmetrical shoe.
- If the foot does not sit correctly in the shoe, serious injuries can occur, so make sure the bouldering shoesare the right size and fit.
- A closure system with graduated and offset Velcro stra ps is a good choice to keep the shoe from slipping.
Table of contents
Recommended Bouldering Shoes
We have compiled the best and most interesting bouldering shoes . You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find great products on the subject of diet sh akes in our guide to the best diet shakes.
The best Sellers Of Boulder Shoes
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular bouldering shoes for you.
Tip: You can find practical tools in our guide to the best milling machines.
Current Offers On Bouldering Shoes
You can find the best current offers on bouldering shoes in this list.
FAQ About Bouldering Shoes
Many different manufacturers offer bouldering shoes. Choose a model in your size that fits you well and suits your taste. On this page we have selected the most popular and best models for you. Here you will surely find what you are looking for.
This is individually different and depends on your shoe size. If you already have a pair of shoes with a suitable size, you can use this as a guide. Alternatively, customer reviews in online stores can help, as they often report on how shoes turn out.
More On The Topic
- The 8 best fitness trackers – guidebook
- The 8 best fitness bands – guidebook
- The 4 best trampolines from Hudora – guidebook
- The 8 best ab trainers – Guidebook
- The 8 best medicine balls – guidebook
- The 8 best yoga mats – advice