Whether camping or wilderness: Which tent forms there are and what you should look for when buying 6-man tents.
To help you make the right choice, we have compiled a checklist with the most important information as well as direct product recommendations for 6 Man Tents For Camping.
- Children, parents and maybe even the dog – in 6-man tents there is room for everyone.
- for this, the tent should not fall below an area of 12 m², so that each person gets at least 2 m² of space.
- Tents of this size usually have separate chambers, a single unseparated sleeping area is the exception.
- Sometimes it is possible to stand upright in 6-man tents, so you can spend a pleasant time even in the rain.
- If upright standing is to be made possible, make sure that your tent has a height adapted to your height: sometimes such tents are not much higher than 1,50 m.
- Usually there is also enough space for the luggage, for this you should choose tents that are
13 m² upwards.
- For maximum protection , both underlay and fly sheet or the roof should be waterproof and coated.
- The roof is usually made of waterproof nylon.
- Also relevant are strongly sealed seams, which also withstand the weather.
- Tents often have small windows made of finely woven plastic netting to protect against insects – these should also have an extra mechanism to close them.
- Pegs are usually made of metal, less often of plastic.
- Throw tents are especially popular due to their quick setup, but these are rare in this size range.
- Further there are also tents, which have a middle cabin for the stay and divide into several smaller cabins for the sleep – these tents are somewhat more complex in their structure.
- Many children find it exciting to watch or help when their parents set up the tent. So you have fun together despite the greater effort.
- When setting up the tent, make sure that the pegs included are used so that the tent stands as long as you want it to stand.
- The ground should be level and dry to ensure a secure hold.
Table of contents
Recommended 6 Man Tents For Camping
Here you will find the top 8 6-man tents for camping.
Tip: If you want to get sporty, we also have a guide for tennis balls.
The Best Sellers Of 6 Man Tents For Camping
We have compiled the most popular 6-man tents for camping.
Tip: For manual work, check out our guide to socket wrenches
Current Offers For 6 Man Tents For Camping
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the 6-man tents section.
FAQ for 6 Man Tents For Camping
Which tent for 6 people?
A tent that will accommodate 6 people should not be smaller than 12 m². It is important that each person has enough space at least for sleeping. If in addition still luggage is to be planned, rather 13 m² upward should be selected.
Which family tent?
Families are very different – it depends here particularly on how many persons it concerns. For 6 people, a tent from 12 square meters is suitable – for fewer people, the situation is of course different. Have a look at our guide for 4-person tents.
What is a good family tent?
That depends entirely on how big your family is. There are tents designed for 3 people, but also tents for 4 people or 6 people. Fully decide on the appropriate number here.
- The 15 best teepee tents for kids – guidebook
- The 13 best kids tents for indoors & outdoors – guidebook
- The 10 best awnings for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best tunnel tents for camping – guidebook
- The 10 best trekking tents for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best steep wall tents for camping – guidebook
- The 10 best dome tents – guidebook
- The 8 best 4 man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best 3 man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best 2 man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best 1 man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 10 best family tents for camping – How to guide
- The 15 best camping tents – Guide
- The 10 best inflatable tents for camping – guidebook
- The 7 best inflatable tents – guidebook