A camping vacation is for many families a great way to get away from it all. But a camping vacation must be well planned because equipment like in a hotel is usually not found. For this reason, camping equipment is extremely important for the success of the vacation.
What must be in your camping equipment for the family vacation, you will learn in our checklist. Many great camping equipment can be found in our product recommendations.
- A packing list created in advance helps structure thoughts and planning.
- A camping stove and pots and pans are needed for cooking. Plates and cutlery should be easy to clean and unbreakable. To avoid eating on the ground, a camping table with camping chairs can provide additional comfort. Perishable foods can be stored in keep-fresh boxes , but canned goods are easiest( don’t forget acan opener !).
- In addition to a change of clothes, a rain jacket, sun hat or similar clothing is recommended to protect you from unpredictable weather.
- A first aid kit including tick tongs and a first-aid kit can be used to treat minor injuries.
- Armor tape, cable ties and a multi-function pocket knife are a must-have for every camper due to their versatile application possibilities.
- To pass the time, card and board games, as well as books, are suitable.
- A power bank ensures that you always have enough battery to call someone in case of an emergency.
- The destination should be checked in advance for important places and services (e.g. sanitary facilities, equipment, trail times, and lighting).
- Even if all trails are lit, a flashlight is usually a big help on camping vacations.
- Headlamps are also helpful, so you have your hands free and can better take care of children, dogs,s or luggage.
- Camping in places without a restaurant or sanitary facilities requires an especially large amount of planning, because in addition to the toilet aisles, lighting, showers, seating, and food supplies, among other things, must be provided.
- Camping with children usually means more luggage (diapers, toys, books, stuffed animals), so sufficient storage space should be provided during the trip.
- Depending on the age of the children and the family preferences are offered large family tents with several sleeping chambers offer.
- As an alternative to one large tent, you can also choose several small tents.
- Tents are often designed for a certain number of people. Here it should be noted that in addition to sleeping space, luggage must also be deposited in your tent. So it is advisable to choose a large tent, which is officially designed for more people.
Table of contents
Recommended Camping Equipment
Here you can find the top 10 among the most popular camping equipment.
Tip: A must-have for all Stuttgart fans is a VfB jersey. Check out our guide to VfB jerseys.
The Best Sellers Of Camping Equipment
We have compiled the most popular camping equipment for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find lots of great cleaning equipment in our guide to cleaning equipment.
Current Offers For Camping Equipment
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the Camping Equipment section.
FAQ For Camping Equipment
The most important thing for a camping vacation without a camper or caravan is a wind- and waterproof tent. Furthermore, a sleeping mat or a camp bed is needed, on which you sleep in a sleeping bag. Should you camp in the wilderness, you must think of a camping stove, a cooking pot and enough food. Campsites are usually equipped with a supermarket where you can stock up for the vacation. Useful are further GPS watches, maps, knives, first aid kits and warm clothes that are easy to wash.
What you need to take with you depends on whether you are camping at a campsite or in the wilderness. On a campsite a tent, a sleeping mat and a sleeping bag are sufficient. If you travel by car, you can pack enough clothes for any weather.
In the wilderness you need to research in advance what you can fall back on and be prepared in any case. Recommended are all-purpose tools like a pocket knife, thermal clothing, enough food, first aid kits and a camping stove.
Camping is a type of vacation where vacationers stay in a mobile accommodation such as a tent or van. Many campers are self-catering and visit different destinations on a camping vacation.
Camping guides in Europe
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Austria – guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Croatia – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Italy – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in France – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Germany – Guidebook
- The 15 best camping tents – Guidebook
- The 7 best camping tables for families – Guidebook
- The 8 best camping chairs for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best camping stoves for family vacations – guidebook
- The 10 best camping pavilions – How to guide
- The 8 best camping barbecues – guidebook