High mountains, lakes, and Kaiserschmarren – Austria has a lot to offer, both actively and culinary! To keep track of the wide range of campsites and sights, a camping guide can help you plan your next family vacation.
Here you will find a checklist with the most important criteria for camping guides for family vacations in Austria and many product recommendations compiled for you.
- toll roads and passes should be marked
- a list of typical dishes and their preparation is useful especially for allergy sufferers
- in the regions and cantons there are bonus cards with which you get discounts (e.g. on entrance fees, cable cars), these should be pointed out
- in summer as well as in winter there are numerous activities, e.g. hiking, skiing, thermal baths & spa, amusement parks, alpine huts, farms etc.
- Always choose the most up to date camping guide, as routes and opening times can change
- Be aware of possible danger spots (steep switchbacks). It may be necessary to take an alternative route with a motorhome.
- Tips on places of interest and rest stops are always welcome.
- On site, information should be provided about possible accommodations (prices, directions, activities)
- Tips for excursions to sights, amusement parks, hiking routes through the mountains etc. should point out child friendliness
- good camping guides can be connected to an app on your cell phone, so you can access up-to-date information ha.
Table of contents
Recommended Camping Guides For Family Vacations In Austria
Here you will find the top 10 camping guides for family vacations in Austria.
Tip: You can find a lot of car accessories in our guide for car accessories
The Best-Selling Camping Guides For Family Vacations In Austria
We have compiled the most popular camping guides for family vacations in Austria for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find many great Bobby Cars in our guide for Bobby Cars
Current Offers For Camping Guide For Family Vacation In Austria
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the area of camping guides for family vacations in Austria.
FAQ For Camping Guide For Austria
If you want to go wild camping (i.e. outside of designated sites and campsites) you risk a fine, because wild camping is – as in many other countries – not allowed in Austria.
While Austria’s neighbor Italy, for example, is one of the most expensive camping areas, Austria offers camping fans great deals at comparatively low prices.
More On The topic
- The 10 best camping equipment for family vacations – guidebook
- The 15 best camping tents – guide
- The 7 best camping tables for families – guidebook
- The 8 best camping chairs for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best camping stoves for family vacations – Guidebook
- The 8 best camping barbecues – Guidebook
- The 10 best air mattresses – How to guide
- The 10 best flashlights – Guidebook
- The 8 best pitched tents for camping – Guidebook
- The 10 best family tents for camping – Guidebook
- The 8 best 4 man tents for camping – How to guide
- The 8 best 6-man tents for camping – guidebook
- Recommended wooden sledges with backrest for children
- Recommended climbing frames for children
- The 17 best climbing frames for children – guidebook
- The 9 best sand shells for children – guidebook
- The 10 best play sand packs for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best climbing ropes – How to guide
- The 10 best climbing shoes – guidebook