Which campsites are the most popular? And which campsites for tents and caravans are unknown? Our checklist gives you a first overview, so you can decide right away what you need.
We have also written recommendations for the best camping guides for family vacations in Italy. In addition, there is other valuable product recommendations that should make life easier for you and your family.
- There are special guidebooks that focus only on Italy
- Travel guides that cover other destinations besides Italy are also available
- At first, a travel guide probably seems less important. But you can browse through it in a relaxed way if you have a bad or no internet connection
- You can find the appropriate page without much search effort thanks to the table of contents
- You may find inspiration that you would not have found on the Internet
- Depending on the travel guide, there are different focuses.
- There are travel guides that focus on certain leisure activities, e.g. hiking
- In addition to a list of recommended camping sites, there are also special variants that suggest, for example, complete travel routes
- Depending on the content and extras (e. g. fold-out maps), the size varies
- Thematically narrow versions are of course smaller (e.g. city-specific travel guides)
- Conceivable are e.g. 200 pages, but depending on the scope and detail also more than 1000 pages
- Round trips within Italy
- Itineraries that lead toor through Italy
- Amusement parks(e.g. Gardaland)
- Tourist attractions (e.g. the Colosseum in Rome or the balcony of Romeo and Juliet in Verona)
- Specific cities (e.g. Venice)
- Certain places (e.g. Mediterranean, Lake Garda)
- Pilgrimage sites (e.g. Lucca)
Table of contents
Recommended Camping Guides for Family vacation in Italy
Here you will find the top 10 camping guides for family vacations in Italy.
Tip: Camping must-haves can be found in our guide for the best camping equipment
The Best-selling Camping Guides for Family Vacations in Italy
We have compiled the most popular camping guides for family vacations in Italy for you in this best-seller list.
Tip: If you’re traveling without a camper van, you’ll need the right tent for restful nights: guide to tents
Current Offers for Camping Guide for Family Vacation in Italy
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the area of camping guides for family vacations in Italy.
FAQ for Camping Guide for Italy
Italy is one of the most expensive countries for camping. The exact cost depends on the exact type of trip (tent, camper and destination).
If you want to avoid a fine of up to 500 euros, you should not go wild camping in Italy. Especially popular regions (e.g. near the coast or sights) are heavily controlled.
For a camping vacation in Italy you do not really need different luggage than when traveling within Germany. Inform yourself beforehand about the traffic rules and the campsite. This way you can plan in peace what all you need to take with you.
Although it is usually a bit warmer in Italy than in Germany, if you are traveling outside of the high season, you will still need warm clothing.
Of course, there are doctors and pharmacies in Italy, but it doesn’t hurt to pack some emergency medications(e.g. for diarrhea, vomiting, pain and fever).
If you visit a beach on a warm day, be sure to bring towels, swimwear and suntan lotion.
Travel and phrase books can also make your trip easier.
For hiking, you will need suitable hiking shoes and, if necessary, a spray or cream against insects.
Italy has a population of 60.36 million in 2019.
In Italy, there is a custom that leads to Christmas trees being put up as early as the beginning of December. This is done on a special holiday, December 8. Often the Christmas tree has roots and therefore has not been cut or felled. On this special day, the house, apartment and possibly the property is usually also festively decorated.
Advent and St. Nicholas Day are usually omitted in Italy
Italy covers 301,338 square kilometers
Camping Guides for other Great Countries
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Austria
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Croatia
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacation in Germany
- The 12 best guides for family vacation in Spain
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in France
- The 10 best awnings for camping
- The 8 best tunnel tents for camping
- The 8 best pitched t ents for camping
- The 10 best dome tents
- The 8 best 6-man tents for camping
- The 15 best camping tents
- The 8 best 4 man tents for camping
- The 8 best 3 man t ents for camping
- The8best 2 man tentsfor camping
- The 10 best throwing tents for camping – guidebook
Other Camping Accessories
- The 10 best camping equipment for family holidays
- The 7 best camping tables for families
- The 8 best camping chairs for kids
- The 10 best camping stoves for family holidays
- The 10 best camping pavilions
- The 8 best camping grills
- The 10 best flashlights
- The 20 best folding carts
- The 10 best suitcases for children
- The 10 best sand toys