Whether camping or wilderness: the right equipment determines the success of a camping trip. We have summarized here for you which tent types are available and what you should look out for when buying. In addition, the best offers for all camping tents at a glance!
- The size of the tent should be chosen according to the number of people. Plan 50 to 70 cm space per person in the width, so wide are average air mattresses.
- Also plan space for your luggage.
- Consider the height of the tent. The more time you spend in the tent, the higher it should be.
- Also consider the weight of the tent: the bigger the tent, the heavier it is.
- Polyester is a strong fabric and also offers UV protection and does not let moisture through.
- Nylon, on the other hand, is less tear-resistant and UV-resistant, but lighter.
- Note the water column of the tent. This indicates up to what water pressure the coating can withstand. Most tents have a water column of 1,500 to 2,000 mm, if you want to be on the safe side, take one with 3,000 mm.
- Steep wall tents have almost vertical walls and are usually very high, so you can stand in them, and therefore suitable for longer stays with the family at the campsite.
- Trekking tents are usually small and light, therefore suitable for hiking trips.
- A Tunnel tents offers a lot of stability and space for several people.
- At inflatable tents the supports consist of air tubes. Therefore, the construction is very easy to do with a pump.
- As the name suggests, a Throw tent tent sets up by itself when you throw it on the ground. These tents are usually very small and not very weather resistant. Therefore, they are more suitable for short-term stays.
- Mosquito net in entrance and windows protects you from insects.
- Windows let light and air into the tent.
- An awning gives you extra storage space.
Recommended Camping Tents
Here you will find the top 15 camping tents.
Tip: You will find many great children’s books from 5 years in our guide for children’s books
Best Sellers Camping Tent
We have compiled the most popular camping tents for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: You can find accessories for your car in winter in our guide for car winter accessories
Current Offers For Camping Tents
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the area of camping tents for families.
FAQ Camping Tents
The price of a camping tent varies greatly and depends on the manufacturer, size and other factors. While two-man tents start at about 50€, tents for 6 or more people can already cost between 800€ – 2000€, depending on the equipment.
Basically, camping tents can be distinguished between tunnel tents, dome tents, tipi tents and steep-walled or house tents, all of which have a different shape, footprint and statics.
More On The Topic
More On The Topic
- The 10 best camping equipment for family vacations – guidebook
- The 15 best camping tents – guidebook
- The 7 best camping tables for families – guidebook
- The 8 best camping chairs for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best camping stoves for family vacations – Guidebook
- The 8 best camping barbecues – Guidebook
- The 10 best air mattresses – How to guide
- The 10 best flashlights – Guidebook
- The 8 best pitched tents for camping – Guidebook
- The 10 best family tents for camping – Guidebook
- The 8 best 4 man tents for camping – How to guide
- The 8 best 6-man tents for camping – guidebook