Whether camping or wilderness: What tent forms there are and what you should look for when buying family tents, we have summarized here for you. In addition, the best offers for all family tents at a glance!
We have not only compiled a checklist with the most important criteria for family tents, but also many product recommendations for you.
- The size of the tent should be chosen generously, as space is rather limited by the manufacturers. It is best to plan for the space always another person who is not even there. This way your children have enough free space and can lie down without having to move everything aside.
- The anteroom outside the sleeping area should be available and quite large. There you can store backpacks and other camping accessories. The sleeping area thus remains free.
- In the middle, the tent should have a height of at least 170 cm. Your children can often still stand.
- The sleeping area should be at least 65 cm wide per person.
- Your family tent should have a water column of 5000 mm or more to withstand continuous rain.
- 5000 mm corresponds to the pressure of a seated person weighing 80 kg. From 4000 mm a tent can be called waterproof.
- The fabric should delay heating up during strong sunlight. This is achieved by using Fresh fabric.
- The wind resistance of your tent should withstand wind force 7 (60 km/h per hour), because even summer thunderstorms are accompanied by stronger gusts.
- Your family tent should ideally have a sewn-in floor with sealed seams. This keeps small animals safely out.
- Sewn-in mosquito nets are especially important for tent vacations near bodies of water and forests.
- A repair kit should not be missing to be able to maintain functionality.
- The material of the tent should be tear-resistant.
- The assembly of your family tent should be done in ten minutes. Good tents have a pre-assembled cabin. Some tents can also be inflated.
- The windows can preferably be darkened. Especially if you have small children, you will not want to miss this feature. Some tents have a sleeping cabin made of black inner fabric, which darkens well.
Recommended Family Tents For Camping
Here you will find the top 10 family tents for camping.
Tip: Fun on the camping site: These are the best Kubb games (“Viking Chess”).
The Best Sellers Of Family Tents For Camping
We have compiled the most popular family tents for camping for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Also check out our guide to telescopes for kids!
Current Offers For Family Tents For Camping
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the area of family tents.
FAQ For Family Tents
The water column is an indication for orientation, so that you know how weatherproof the tent is. It is given in mm. From 4000mm one speaks of water resistance.
From a water column of 4000mm one speaks of waterproof tents.
Tent means “tent” in English.
More On The Topic
The perfect camping adventure
- The 10 best awnings for camping
- The 10 best trekking tents for camping
- The 8 best tunnel tents for camping
- The 8 best steep wall tents for camping
- The 10 best dome tents
- The 8 best 6 man tents for camping
- The 8 best 4 man tents for camping
- The 8 best 3 man tents for camping
- The 8 best 2 man tents for camping
- The 8 best 1 man tents for camping
Everything for the family car
- The most important accessories for the family car
- The best things to make car trips with children easier
- The 10 best car seats for children
- The 7 best trunk organizers
- The 8 best rear view cameras for car
- The 5 best car alarm dummies
- The 15 best snow chains for each tire size
- The best winter tires by tire size
Fun in the fresh air
- The best kids bikes
- The 8 best unicycles for kids
- The 5 best bocce balls for kids
- The 8 best speedminton sets
- The 10 best Viking chess games for kids
- The 5 best Kubb games ( Viking chess )
- The 8 best telescopes for children
- The 10 best sand toys
- The 10 best cameras for children
- The 20 best foldable strollers