Are you looking for the perfect sleeping bag? Whether it’s a camping vacation, a hiking tour, or a festival – every overnight stay outdoors is a little adventure. Thereby the sleeping bag is an absolute must. The sleeping feeling is different than in a real bed, but you can still make your vacation more enjoyable with the right sleeping bag.
To give you an overview of the variety of sleeping bags, we have compiled 8 sleeping bags in our product recommendations. With these sleeping bags nothing stands in the way of your trip.
- Find out what the weather will be like at night and when you will be using the sleeping bag.
- There are sleeping bags that will keep you warm even in sub-zero temperatures (check the manufacturer’s specifications).
- There are sleeping bags that can be used like a blanket and can be joined together. This allows two people to share a sufficiently large blanket.
- Mummy sleeping bags run close together towards the feet and therefore keep warmer than blanket sleeping bags, but also offer less freedom of movement.
- The dimensions should of course correspond to the body size.
- Also note the packing dimensions and weight of the sleeping bag.
- Down sleeping bags keep particularly warm, but are usually more expensive and not suitable for all allergy sufferers.
- Wool sleeping bags also keep you nice and warm and provide good insulation from the cold, but are heavier and take up a lot of space.
- Artificial fillings are cheaper, but keep less warm.
- The density of the filling is given in g/m². In winter you need about 400 g/m².
Recommended Sleeping Bags
Here you will find the top 8 among the best sleeping bags.
Tip: You can find recommendations for astronaut food in our guide to astronaut food.
The Best Sellers Of Sleeping Bags
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular sleeping bags.
Tip: Recommendations for sleeping mats can be found in our guide to sleeping mats.
Current Offers Of Sleeping Bags
You can find the best current offers on sleeping bags in this list.
FAQ About Sleeping Bags For Camping
Which sleeping bag is used for camping depends on the weather. In winter, down and wool sleeping bags are especially recommended, as they provide good thermal insulation. If you spend a few days of vacation at the campsite in the summer, a light summer sleeping bag will suffice.
Basically, a good sleeping bag should keep you warm, be water repellent, fit your body size and withstand weather conditions. So it depends on what time of year and how long you want to use a sleeping bag.
Sleeping bags with small pack size start at about 15 x 25 cm pack size. However, everything is open upwards. Especially wool and down sleeping bags have a large pack size.
Sleeping bags are available in different designs. Here you can find different models.
More On The Topic
- The 10 best camping equipment for family vacations – guidebook
- The 15 best camping tents – guidebook
- The 7 best camping tables for families – guidebook
- The 8 best camping chairs for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best camping stoves for family vacations – Guidebook
- The 8 best camping barbecues – Guidebook
- The 10 best air mattresses – How to guide
- The 10 best flashlights – Guidebook
- The 8 best pitched tents for camping – Guidebook
- The 10 best family tents for camping – Guidebook
- The 8 best 4 man tents for camping – How to guide
- The 8 best 6-man tents for camping – guidebook