Camping is a great idea for a family vacation together. The steep wall tent offers you the optimal living space for this, especially for long trips. Steeplechase tents can accommodate up to 12 people, so even a vacation with friends or relatives is no problem. Before you decide on a tent, however, there are a few things you should keep in mind, among other things, the steep wall tent has many useful features.
In our checklist, we cover everything that could interest you about the steep wall tent as well as important purchase criteria. In addition, there are the best steep wall tents for you in the product recommendations at a glance, here you will find the perfect tent for the next camping vacation.
- Steepwall tents offer the user more headroom inside, hence the name. The steep walls allow you to move upright almost anywhere in the tent. They are higher than tunnel or dome tents in terms of most of the floor space. The headroom is 200 cm or more. Steep wall tents offer a lot of comforts.
- Classic models have the shape of an octagon. They require less floor space than an elongated tunnel tent. The smallest steep wall tents are offered for four people. Larger ones are suitable for up to 12 people.
- Larger steep-wall tents are somewhat more complex to set up. They are preferably chosen for longer camping vacations and show their strengths here.
- A steep-walled tent for eight people in the form of an octagon has a footprint of about 15 square meters and weighs about 20 kg.
- Good models have at least 3000 millimeters of the water column and are waterproof. The tent floor should have a higher water column than the walls. Here 5000 millimeters are the measure of things.
- The poles are made of fiberglass and steel. Since a steep wall tent is more susceptible to wind, the frame construction must be stable.
- The groundsheet should be fully integrated and the seams taped.
- Good models have suspended sleeping cabins that are darkened from the inside. This keeps the sleeping area dark and slightly cooler by absorbing the sun’s rays.
- Mosquito nets on all windows as well as in the entrance area and vents must be present.
- A good pitching tent will have dividers that can be unhooked if needed.
- Built-in compartments for important utensils such as glasses and keys should be present.
- Good models have a canopy. This keeps the entrance area of the steep wall tent dry.
- Buyers can replace the pegs with XXL carpenter’s nails if necessary. These can be hammered into even the hardest ground and hold the steep wall tent reliably on the ground.
- To increase the comfort , it is recommended to buy an additional ground sheet. It is laid out first and reduces the effect of sharp stones and branches.
Table of contents
Recommended Steep Wall Tents
Here you will find the top 8 steep wall tents.
Tip: You can find helpful tips on body care in our guide to the best women’s razors.
The Best Sellers Of Steep Wall Tents
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular steep wall tents for you.
Tip: In our guide to the best forestry helmets there are exciting offers on the subject of work clothing for you.
Current Offers On Steep Wall Tents
You can find the best current offers on steep wall tents in this list.
FAQ About Steeplechase Tent
A steep wall tent is a tent that has vertical walls, allowing it to stand upright continuously.
- The 15 best teepee tents for kids – guidebook
- The 13 best kids tents for indoors & outdoors – guidebook
- The 10 best awnings for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best tunnel tents for camping – guidebook
- The 10 best trekking tents for camping – guidebook
- The 10 best dome tents – Guidebook
- The 8 best 6-man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best 4 man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best 3 man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best 2 man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 8 best 1 man tents for camping – guidebook
- The 10 best family tents for camping – How to guide
- The 15 best camping tents – Guide
- The 10 best inflatable tents for camping – guidebook
- The 7 best inflatable tents – guidebook
- The 10 best camping equipment for family vacations – Guidebook
- The 15 best camping tents – How to
- The 7 best camping tables for families – guidebook
- The 8 best camping chairs for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best camping stoves for family vacations – guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Austria – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Croatia – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Italy – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Germany – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping pavilions – Guidebook
- The 8 best camping grills – Guidebook