Dumbbells are the most popular exercise equipment in any gym. They come in many designs, weights, and shapes. They are versatile and should not be missing in your home gym. Find the right dumbbells for your workout with us.
Everything you need to know about dumbbells can be found in our checklist. You can compare different dumbbells in our product recommendations to find the right dumbbell for you.
Table of contents
The Bestsellers Of The Dumbbells
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular dumbbells for you.
Checklist For Dumbbells
- There are a variety of different dumbbell models that can be used to work out different muscle groups.
- Dumbbells are classic fitness equipment. With them, you can train different muscle groups, because they have high freedom of movement.
- With a curl dumbbell you can train especially the arms. The curved dumbbell bar offers numerous grip options, so that arm exercises are possible with minimal strain on the wrists. Otherwise, this model is very limited in use.
- A barbell, on the other hand, is suitable for demanding exercises and higher weights. It is much more flexible than a curl bar and can be used for numerous muscle groups.
- Depending on the type of dumbbell you choose, you can choose from materials such as iron, plastic, or rubber.
- Dumbbell models, where the weight is fixed, are usually made of rubber. These are particularly suitable for training strength endurance and less for muscle building.
- Dumbbells that can be equipped with additional weight plates should be made of a high-quality material such as iron. Also with the additional weights you should pay attention to a material like iron.
- In order to use the dumbbells and the additional weights effectively, you should pay attention to the diameter of the dumbbell bar as well as the hole diameter of the additional weights.
- A common measurement for home use is a diameter of 30/31 millimeters.
- You can use the additional weights for any type of dumbbell.
- Safety is always a priority during training. To prevent you from slipping with sweaty hands, the handle should be non-slip. With iron models, this is done via a grooved surface.
- The weights are secured by screw or spring lock s.
- For barbells, spring locks are worthwhile because you can quickly remove and insert them by simply squeezing them together.
- For dumbbells you should rather pay attention to star locks. These are screwed on at the ends and sit more firmly than a spring lock.
We have compiled the best and most interesting dumbbells. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
- You can use Xn8 Sports free weights dumbbells set to cater to the FITNESS NEEDS of your whole body, targeting almost all muscle groups, such as biceps, triceps, chest, shoulders, core, back, and even legs.
- Manufactured using TOP- QUALITY CAST-IRON that makes the set among the robust fitness accessories as well as it comes in two weight variations of 33lbs and 40lbs.
- You get a SOLID AND ANTI-SLIP GRIP due to the high-quality steel handlebar with knurling and sturdy plastic coating. TO GET BOTH 30lbs & 44lbs DUMBBELL SETS, YOU NEED TO PAY FOR TWO SETS, NOT ONE.
- WEIGHT ADJUSTMENT stays our dumbbells' top feature, as with this you don’t need to have a rack full of dumbbells with different weights for different exercises. Just unscrew the spinlock collar and either add or remove a weight plate as needed.
- Top-quality material and seamless manufacturing makes them WATERPROOF, RUSTPROOF, crackle free & peel resistant, hence adding years to their life.
- SHAPE UP FAST: Take you home workout routine to the next level with these superior quality build dumbbells, ranging from 1-5Kg in weight. Please note dumbbells are sold in pairs.
- ANTI ROLL TECHNOLOGY: The subtle flat shape of the top and bottom of the dumbbell means that it will not roll away, making for convenient and easy storage anywhere in the home
- A neoprene coated dumbbell made from cast iron, built to last and chemical smell free. The neoprene coating also means that sweat is not an issue and you don't need to worry about slippage
- FREE PULL OUT A3 POSTER!: An awesome double sided pull out poster with images of 32 exercises for a great home workout
- GUARANTEE: As with all our KG | PHYSIO products, product quality and customer service are the most important aspects of our UK business. We guarantee 3 year free replacement on any faulty dumbbells.
Tip: You can find practical garden rollers in our guide to garden rollers.
Current Offers Of Dumbbells
You can find the best current offers on dumbbells in this list.
Tip: You can find many great laundry stands in our guide to laundry stands.
FAQ About Dumbbells
Beginners without experience with dumbbells should start in a range of 0.5 to 1 kg. If you find this workout too easy, you can always increase the weight.
Different dumbbells train different muscle groups. Therefore, no general answer can be given to this question. You can find a selection of different dumbbells in our product recommendations.
Basically, beginners should train with little weight. Which dumbbell is the right one depends on which muscle group is to be trained.
A basic rule in dumbbell training is that more repetitions with little weight are better than few repetitions with a lot of weight. For corrections in the execution of the various exercises you should ask someone who has experience with dumbbell training.
Depending on your physical fitness and gender, the starting weight can vary greatly. If you do not have a reference point, it is recommended to start with 0.5 to 1 kg and increase continuously.
Women and men use the same dumbbells. However, women usually train with lighter weights.
To get shredded, the choice of dumbbells does not play a significant role. The important thing is to train and pay attention to nutrition.
If you can do a certain number of repetitions over a longer period of time without the workout stressing you, you can increase the weight.
Children should not train with additional weight, but only with their body weight. Dumbbells can be used as soon as you are fully grown.
Depending on the type of dumbbell, triceps, biceps, chest area, shoulders and the forearm are trained.
More On The Topic
Everything for the home gym
- The 8 best ergometers for home – guidebook
- The 10 best treadmills – guidebook
- The 10 best penny boards – guidebook
- The 8 best yoga mats – How to guide
- The 10 best back extensions – How to
- The 8 best ab trainers – guidebook
- The 9 best home gyms for an effective workout – How to guide
- The 7 best sports shoes for children – guidebook
- The 18 best balance boards for kids – how to use them
- The 8 best balance boards – guidebook