If you want to do sports at home, an ergometer is great for that. This piece of sports equipment is very pleasant and you can watch a little TV on the side. This way, time goes by much faster and you have a lot of fun doing sports. To find a suitable model for you, take a look at our product guide. There you are guaranteed to find what you are looking for. The checklist gives you insight into the ergometer. So you get all the important information.
- With an ergometer you can effectively train your cardiovascular system, endurance as well as leg and trunk muscles.
- Train anytime, whenever you want.
- Ergometers are quite quiet and can therefore be used around the clock even in rented apartments.
- Saves money and time by eliminating gym fees as well as the commute.
- Cycling even in bad weather and winter.
- Some models can be folded to save space.
- Ergometers that cannot be folded are particularly stable and are often designed for a higher user weight.
- A display shows various data, such as distance, speed and calories burned.
- In any case, pay attention to the permitted user weight!
- To make training fun, the seat should be well padded.
- A padded cover specifically designed for exercise bike saddles can increase comfort.
- The seat should be adjustable in height.
- If the handlebar or grip is also variable, you can adjust the machine to your body size.
- To prevent back problems, you must always sit upright.
- Many ergometers work with a poly-V belt that connects the pedals to the braking system.
- Therefore, these exercise bikes run very quietly.
- Make sure that no maintenance is required. Tip: Closed ball bearings are maintenance-free.
- The braking system works with magnetic fields, which brakes the flywheel mass.
- You can usually adjust the flywheel mass on a controller and thus increase the difficulty. This allows you to simulate uphill and downhill rides.
- On more expensive models, you can set the difficulty in watts and then get the wattage shown on the display.
- Cheaper models offer fewer difficulty levels and often only a dial without wattage indication.
- Mostly the ergometer is delivered only partially assembled to save shipping costs due to smaller packages.
- Tools are usually included for assembly.
- Assemble the device according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Make sure that the ergometer is tilt-proof and that you have enough space for cycling.
Table of contents
Recommended Ergometers For Home
Tip: You can find the best electric folding bikes in our guide to the 7 best electric folding bikes.
The Best Sellers Of Home Ergometers
In this bestseller list we have compiled the most popular home ergometers for you.
Tip: The best lighting for your garden can be found in our guide to the 14 best garden lighting.
Current Offers Of Ergometers For Home
Here you can find a collection of the current offers on home ergometers.
FAQ About Ergometers
An ergometer is a piece of fitness equipment. It is similar to a bicycle and can be used to exercise at home. It only needs a fixed location and you can get started.
Mainly the muscles in the legs such as the calf muscles and the buttocks are trained. In addition, the muscles of the thigh are also trained.
With a Crossfit trainer, the arms are also trained. That is the only difference. So it’s up to you which machine you choose.
To see success, regular training is necessary. Even 30 minutes a day can achieve a goal.
With the ergometer you can burn a lot of calories and boost your metabolism at the same time. Even the fat metabolism is stimulated with regular training.
Riding an ergometer not only increases your endurance, but also trains the muscles of your lower body. The cardiovascular system is also strengthened.
- The 10 best cross trainers – guidebook
- The 8 best ab trainers – guidebook
- The 9 best home gyms for an effective workout – guidebook
- The 8 best yoga mats – How to guide
- The 7 best heart rate monitors for athletes – advice
- The best adidas track suits for kids – How to guide
- The 7 best multipresses for home workout – How to guide
- The top 9 martial arts shoes – advice