Nowadays there are a lot of extraordinary games. However, despite all the new developments in the field of games, the card game is still incredibly popular. Depending on the game, a deck of cards consists of a certain number of playing cards. These have different colors and are often made of plastic.
So that you can soon start a fun game evening with friends and family, you should take a closer look at our checklist before buying. Here you can find out what makes good playing cards. Afterward, take a look at our product recommendations. There we have listed many different playing card sets for you.
- Before buying, consider which card games you want to play with your playing card set.
- Sets for Rummy – Bridge – Canasta consist of 2 x 52 cards and six jokers. These sets are also suitable for all other common card games. You simply put aside the cards you do not need.
- Sets for Poker, Whist or Bridge consist of 52 playing cards. Occasionally the sets also contain three jokers, which makes it possible to combine two sets to one rummy – bridge – canasta hand.
- A baccarat set consists of 6 x 52 hands. The playing cards have plain backs and do not bear index characters.
- The Skat game uses only 32 hands.
- The Doppelkopf set consists of 2 x 24 sheets.
- For Jass or Durak , 36 sheets are used.
- Patience sets correspond to the sets for Rummy – Bridge – Canasta. However, the cards are much smaller.
- Playing cards are available in different so-called hands , which differ in their suits and symbols.
- The most commonly used hand is the French hand. It consists of the suits Clubs, Spades, Hearts and Diamonds.
- The German leaf uses the colors acorn, foliage (also called spades, leaf, shovel or green ), heart (red) and bells.
- The leaf used in German-speaking Switzerland consists of the suits acorn , shields, roses and bells.
- The Italian-Spanish leaf uses the colors staff, sword, chalice and coin.
- Playing cards are usually made of stiff paper or cardboard.
- Plasticplaying cards are more durable and waterproof.
- Playingcard sets are available in a variety of different designs.
- For example, there are cards printed with motifs from TV series, movies, logos and photos of bands or soccer clubs, or even animals or plants.
- Playing card sets are available in a variety of packaging, from simple cardboard boxes to elegant leather cases.
- Sets that also include instructions for playing various card games, pens and notepads are practical.
Table of contents
Recommended Playing Card Sets
Here you can find the top 10 most popular playing card sets.
Tip: Learn more about the best board games for kidshere.
The Best Sellers Of Playing Card Sets
We have compiled the most popular playing card sets for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: In this article you can read about the best games for ages 10 and up
Current Offers For Playing Card Sets
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the area of playing card sets.
FAQ About Playing Cards
Playing cards are mostly used in card games. But other games may well have various additional cards as well. The cards are small and compact, so they fit well in the hand. In addition, they are square in shape.
Playing card sets cost about 10 to 25 euros.
Playing cards usually have a size of 6 x 9 cm. In addition, many cards are designed so that they can be read upside down. This is called point-symmetrical.
First, the playing cards are printed using machines and then cut to the appropriate size. In addition, the corners are rounded before they are finally packaged.
Playing cards often wear out over time and become dirty. Sometimes they even stick together, so that you can no longer play properly. Playing cards made of plastic can be washed relatively easily with water, as they are water-repellent. With paper cards this is a bit more difficult. In the past, the following trick has proven successful: If you put the cards together with baby powder in a bag and shake it vigorously, the cards should not stick together afterwards.
Playing cards are usually 0.3 millimeters thick. However, this also depends on the material used for the card.
There are countless playing cards for different games. These differ in their number of cards. In poker, for example, you play with 52 cards, while in skat only 32 hands are needed.
Playing cards come in a variety of designs. For example, you can buy playing cards with animal motifs or images of your favorite series or bands. If you want to play Mau-Mau or Skat, the playing cards have different symbols. The common suits here are clubs, spades, hearts and diamonds.
Playing cards are rarely made of paper or cardboard. A better material for playing cards is plastic, because it doesn’t tear so quickly and the cards don’t get damaged if you accidentally spill water on them.
So that the cards are always carefully stowed away, you can separately purchase different packaging. For example, there are small leather cases, small bags or cardboard boxes. Often, however, the cards are already delivered in plastic packaging. However, this is usually not very stable, which is why the purchase of new packaging is well worth it in the long run.
- The 5 best Harry Potter board games – guidebook
- The 7 best wooden board games for children – guidebook
- The 15 best board games for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best game collections for children – guidebook
- The 6 best poker tables – Advisor
- The 6 best poker cases – guidebook
- The 7 best poker sets for beginners – How to play
- The 7 best poker card sets – How to guide
- The 20 best foosball tables – guidebook
- The 8 best billiard tables for home – How to play
- The 8 best drinking games – How to play
- The 14 best dartboards for home – guidebook
- The 10 best bowling balls and bowling shoes – guidebook
- The 7 best laser tag sets – guidebook
Sports and Recreation
- The 9 best home gyms for an effective workout – How to guide
- The 10 best chin-up bars – advice
- The 8 best ab trainers – guidebook
- The 8 best dumbbells for strength training – guidebook
- The 10 best weight benches – How to guide
- The 8 best steppers for home use – How to guide
- The 8 best yoga mats – advice
- The 10 best roller skates for kids – Advice
- The 10 best waveboards for kids – How to guide
- The 9 best rollerblades for kids – guidebook
- The 6 best 10 inch hoverboards – guidebook
- The 8 best boards and e-scooters from Bluewheel – guidebook
- The 10 best skateboards – guidebook