Laser tag has now become a popular leisure activity that appeals to adults and teenagers alike. For a long time, this game could only be played in designated halls with the appropriate equipment. Now, however, it is also possible to get your own laser tag set at home. However, if you’re not sure what to look for when buying one, you’ve come to the right place.
We will help you to find the right equipment so that you can soon play laser tag in your own living room. Our checklist presents you with all the important things to consider. Maybe you will soon find the right laser tag set for you in our product recommendations.
- Lasertag is a team game. Therefore, you should be aware before buying that you need several players so that several teams can play against each other.
- For the game you need a vest on which a sensor is mounted. With the appropriate laser gun you try to hit the opponent with the help of infrared rays.
- When buying a laser tag set, be sure to check the manufacturer’s age recommendation . Some sets are only conditionally suitable for children or not at all.
- Some parents consider laser tag to be a war game, because you aim at your opponents with a weapon-like pistol. However, the game is completely harmless and even promotes fitness, since the teams move a lot.
- Also the infrared rays are not harmful for the eyes, because they are only very light.
- Lasertag sets are usually available for 4 people each and often consist of 4 laser guns and 4 receptor vests. These vests come in one size fits all.
- Tip: There are laser tag sets for children and adults. You should pay attention to this before buying, because a vest for adults probably does not fit your child perfectly. Since the vest is usually tight-fitting and you will probably sweat quickly under it, thicker sweaters should not be worn under it.
- There are also sets without vests. For this, the sensor is simply attached to the arm.
- If you want to play with a larger group , you must also make sure that the purchased set is expandable . Among other things, sets for up to 16 players are available in stores.
- Interactive voice announcements and sound and light effects add to the fun of the game.
- Professional sets can also be connected to a smartphone and attached to the gun using a cell phone holder. The prerequisite for this is an intact Internet connection . These models support GPS, among other things, so that you can quickly track your opponent. Damage sensors, AR tags or WLAN base stations can also be included in more expensive sets.
- It is also possible to set different shooting modes (for example Pistol Shotgun, Machine Gun and Rocket Luncher) or to activate the multiplayer mode.
- High quality laser tag sets are relatively expensive and can cost well over 100 Euros. However, in return they are more durable and resemble professional equipment. If you want to play regularly, this investment still makes sense. Since you will be moving around a lot during the game and may have to take a fall or two, it is important that the equipment does not show damage or stop working after just a few games.
- Most of the models offered are powered by batteries, which are not included. Therefore, these must be obtained before the purchase.
Table of contents
Recommended Laser Tag Sets
Here you can find the top 7 most popular laser tag sets.
Tip: You can get more information about the most beautiful game collections here.
The Best Sellers Of Laser Tag Sets
We have compiled the most popular laser tag sets for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: For even more fun- Here you can find the best Wii games for kids.
Current Offers For Lasertag Sets
Here you will find a selection of offers that are currently available in the Lasertag Sets section.
FAQ About Lasertag Sets
Lasertag is a team game in which different tasks have to be solved. All players wear special vests. The goal is to hit the opponent with the help of a laser gun on the designated spot on the vest. However, there are now many different variants of the game, which is why there is no generally valid definition of the game of laser tag.
Lasertag sets are available from different manufacturers. Consider with how many people you want to play together and buy a correspondingly large set. We have put together the most popular sets for you on this page.
Mostly several rounds are played, which usually only last 15 minutes. Nevertheless, it is up to you how often or how long you want to play laser tag with your friends.
The set must include vests and the laser pistols. You should also consider in advance how many people you want to play with in the future. If your child wants a laser tag set, you should also look at the manufacturer’s specifications.
Not every set is suitable for all ages. It is therefore worth paying attention to the manufacturer’s specifications, as there are special children’s sets for children and adults.
Laser tag sets can be expensive, depending on what equipment is available and how high quality it is processed. Such a set can cost over 100 euros. So you should ask yourself before buying if such an investment is worth it or if you would rather go for a cheaper set.
The game is much more fun when many people participate. After all, it is a team game, so at least four other players should take part in the laser tag game to achieve a high level of fun.
Generally, you don’t need a lot of equipment for a laser tag game. You should wear comfortable clothes so that you can easily put on the necessary vest over it. Otherwise, you need the laser gun so that the game can begin.
Lasertag is not dangerous because the laser of the gun is relatively weak and does not cause any damage to the eye. However, many parents consider the laser pistol to be similar to a weapon and therefore think that the game is less suitable for younger children. Ultimately, however, you must decide for yourself whether or not your child is already allowed to play laser tag. However, manufacturers recommend certain sets only for children over the age of 6.
Lasertag is a team game, which is why several groups compete against each other. The ultimate goal is to collectively achieve the highest score while overcoming various obstacles. Aiming accuracy is also important, as you have to hit the opposing team with the help of infrared guns.
In laser tag, comfortable clothes are important because you have to move actively for a certain period of time. You should therefore not choose clothes that are too thick, so that you do not sweat and your vest does not constrict you unnecessarily or cut off your air.
That depends on how long you want to play with your friends. One hour of game fun usually represents 4-5 rounds and therefore usually costs around 20 euros per person.
The minimum height for laser tag is 130 centimeters. Children under the age of 16 usually need a declaration of consent from their parents or must be accompanied by them.
It is quite possible to burn 240 calories in 30 minutes of active exercise.
More On The Topic
- The top 15 deco weapons – guide
- The 10 best softair weapons
- The 10 best softair pump shotguns – guidebook
- The 8 most popular speedloaders for airsoft weapons
- The 10 most popular toy guns – guidebook
- The 8 best Nerf Modulus sets for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best weight vests – guidebook
- The 5 best mindfulness games – guidebook
- The top 9 detective games – guidebook
- The 7 best racing games for Xbox One
- The top 9 men’s night games – guidebook
- The 10 funniest party games – guidebook
- The 8 best games from 10 years
- The 8 best party games for adults – guidebook
- The best games from 0 to 7 years – guidebook