Poker sets are perfect for a nice round of p oker with friends. So you have a great game night with friends.
In the checklist we have summarized all the important information about poker sets for you. You can find the best poker sets in our product recommendations.
- Depending on the number of players, your poker set should contain at least the following amount of chips: 300 chips for 0 to 4 players, 500 chips for 5 to 6 players, 750 chips for 7 to 8 players. For 9 or more players, you need 1,000 chips.
- Ceramic chips are ideal. They are light, durable and have the best balance.
- The chips should be available in 4-5 colors (different values).
- For beginners, chips with printed values are recommended. They simplify the calculation.
- Poker sets should contain at least 2 decks of cards. This way you have a replacement at hand in case cards are lost or broken.
- Look for plastic cards instead of paper cards. They are more durable and easier to shuffle and deal.
- A dealer button is essential.
- Beginners should also have a small-blind and a big-blind button in their set.
- A sturdy aluminum case is better than delicate plastic and is cheaper than wooden cases.
- Make sure it has soft interior padding to protect the chips.
- A table pad (usually made of green felt) gives the poker game a real casino atmosphere. Beginners should make sure that there are also markings for the dealt and revealed cards.
- Some poker sets also contain dice. You only need these for game variants like dice poker.
- If you’re new to the game, your kit should also include instructions (at least for the most popular poker variant, Texas Hold’em).
Table of contents
Recommended Poker Kits
We have compiled the best and most interesting poker sets. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find the best Lego Millennium kits in our guide to them.
The Best Sellers Of Poker Sets
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular poker sets for you.
Tip: The best Nerf Moduls sets for kids can be found in our guide.
Current Offers Of Poker Sets
You can find the best current offers on poker sets in this list.
FAQ About Poker Sets
Each player receives 2 cards and 5 are placed in the middle for everyone. These 5 cards can be used by each player, but there must not be more than 5 cards in the poker hand. The chips are also placed in the center of the game.
Each player is dealt 2 cards and 5 are placed in the center for all to use. These 5 cards can be used by each player, but there must not be more than 5 cards in the poker hand. The chips are also placed in the middle of the game.
The order of strength of the poker hands is from strong to weak: Royal Flush, Straight Flush, Four of a Kind, Full House, Flush, Straight, Three of a Kind, 2 Pair, 1 Pair and the highest card. If two players have the same picture, the one who has the higher side cards wins.
Poker requires a total of 52 cards. The hand in hand consists of 2 cards, which must be combined with the 5 cards in the middle.
- The 6 best poker tables – Guide
- The 6 best poker cases – guide
- The 7 best poker card sets – guidebook
- The 10 best playing card sets – guidebook
Card and board games
- The 10 best erotic card games – guidebook
- The 8 best Super Mario board games – guidebook
- The 10 best game collections for children – guidebook
- The 5 best Harry Potter board games – guidebook