Do you like to play for hours on the PC and do not even notice how fast time flies? At the latest when your back hurts unpleasantly, you will become aware of the length of your game. Therefore, it is very important that you own a gaming chair, which is ergonomically shaped so that you do not have to complain about pain after several hours. This way you do something good for your body, but also for yourself!
To help you find the perfect gaming chair for you, we have created a checklist for you here, which informs you about all the important factors. Our product recommendations can also support you in your search.
- You first need to decide what type of gaming chair you want to buy.
- Office chair construction: these gaming chairs resemble a desk or office chair. High-quality models are usually equipped with armrests and casters.
- Armchair construction, rocker or beanbag. These gaming chairs resemble different armchair variants.
- A gaming armchair should fit the height and weight of the person using it as well as possible. Important selection criteria are.
- Height: Height is critical for proper sitting posture. Height-adjustable gaming chairs can be adjusted well. They grow with children and young people.
- Load capacity: The chair must be able to support the body weight of everyone who uses it.
- Ergonomics: Armrests as well as ergonomically shaped seats and backrests enable fatigue-free sitting over a longer period of time.
- You can choose between models that come assembled and models that you have to assemble yourself.
- Pre-assembled gaming chairs save time and labor. They are more expensive than comparable chairs for self-assembly. On the other hand, you have a warranty claim incase of assembly errors
- With some chairs for self-assembly , only a few steps are required. With others you have to assemble everything yourself. There may be no warranty coverage for construction problems.
- The materials have a significant impact on the resilience and comfort of the chair.
- Cover: It should be tear-resistant, skin-friendly, breathable and easy to clean.
- Upholstery: cold foam and memory foam provide high seating comfort and do not wear out very quickly. Plain foam is cheaper, but wears out in a short time.
- Frame, linkage, base, casters: These components carry a lot of weight and must be as resilient as possible. Metal is characterized by its stability. However, lightweight aluminum parts are among the more expensive materials. In less expensive gaming chairs, these components are usually made of various plastics.
- Before buying,check what features and special equipment the gaming chair offers.
- Headrest, lumbar support, stool.
- Rocking, tilting and rotating functions.
- Installation options for technical equipment.
- Integrated sound system.
Table of contents
Recommended Gaming Chairs
We have compiled the best and most interesting gaming chairs. You can find the list of our product recommendations here.
Tip: In this article, you can read all about the most popular gaming mice.
The Best Sellers Of Gaming Chairs
In a list of best-sellers, we have compiled the most popular gaming chairs for you.
Tip: Here you can find the best headsets.
Current Offers Of Gaming Armchairs
You can find the best current offers on gaming chairs in this list.
FAQ About Gaming Chairs
A gaming chair should be as comfortable as possible, so that you can play video games for a long time without your body hurting in the long run. Some models resemble a classic office chair.
It depends on how you want to use the chair. There are gaming chairs in the form of office chairs, beanbags or with footstools. Some models have adjustable armrests or additional neck or lumbar cushions. We have compiled the most popular models for you on this page.
A gaming chair can cost over 200 euros. If you regularly sit at your PC, such a purchase is certainly worthwhile.
A gaming chair must be comfortable in any case. Therefore, it should not contain any harmful ingredients and it should be stable so that you can use it for as long as possible. It is good if the armchair is upholstered with cold foam. Foam also provides a comfort factor, but it is not characterized by its long durability. Therefore, if you sit on the chair more often, it will be worn out quite quickly. The frame must also be robust and is therefore usually made of metal or aluminum.
You can either assemble the gaming chair yourself or have it sent to you already assembled. If you want to assemble the chair yourself, you will need an assembly manual in any case. These should be included in the delivery. Note that a ready-built chair is usually a little more expensive. However, if you are not a skilled craftsman, this method can be a good alternative.
A gaming chair should be optimally adjustable to your body size and weight. Therefore, it is important that it is height adjustable. Of course, you should not put too much weight on the gaming chair. Therefore, you should read the manufacturer’s specifications beforehand and pay attention to the maximum load limit.
Some chairs come with a matching stool. You can also upgrade the chair with different sound systems or lights.
Many gaming armchairs are ergonomically shaped so that the backrests and seats adapt perfectly to your body. This allows you to sit comfortably at your desk for longer periods of time.
More on the topic
- The top 6 blue gaming chairs – guidebook
- The 10 best green gaming chairs – guidebook
- The top 7 gaming chairs with footrest – guidebook
- The 10 most popular gaming mice
- The 10 best gaming chairs with massage function – guidebook
- The 10 best gaming chairs – guidebook
- The 6 best gaming beanbags
- The 16 best gaming desks – guidebook
- The best gaming accessories – guidebook
- The 8 best gaming steering wheels – guidebook
- The 15 best headsets – guidebook
- The 8 best webcams – guidebook
- The 10 best video game projectors – guidebook
- The 7 best game consoles – guidebook
- The 6 best game consoles for kids – guidebook
- The 6 most popular Battlefield shooters
- The 5 best PS4 party games with friends
- The 20 best PS4 strategy games 2020 – guidebook
- The 11 best PS4 racing games – guidebook
- The 8 best PS4 games for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best Wii games for kids – guidebook
- The 7 best racing games for Xbox One
- The 11 best Xbox games – guide
- The 6 best Xbox One games for kids – guidebook
- The 11 best PC games 2020 – guidebook
- The 10 best Nintendo Switch games for kids – guidebook