Gaming consoles are a must-have for every gaming room. Due to the wide selection of game consoles, it’s not easy to decide which one to choose. To help you decide on the right game console, we’ve created this guide.
You can find out which game consoles are available and what to look out for when buying one in our checklist. You can find a wide selection of different game consoles in our product recommendations.
- Consoles are divided into mobile and stationary variants, as well as combination devices.
- Stationary cons oles are, for example, consoles of the Playstation and Xbox series. For them, a TV or other screen is needed to play. Also, at least one controller is needed to use them.
- Mobile consoles do not require an additional screen or controller. Examples of handheld consoles are the Nintendo DS or the Gameboy.
- Combination devices can be used stationary on a screen as well as mobile. The best-known example is the Nintendo Switch.
- Games are available either via download or as discs. Some games are pre-installed on the consoles.
- Besides CDs, other formats of the games are required, especially for handheld consoles.
- Most game consoles allow joint gaming. The possibilities are either to play together on one console or to play together via online games.
- The FSK rating should always be observed, especially for games, in order to ensure age-appropriate content. Game consoles should generally not be used by children under the age of 6.
- Children often find it difficult to tear themselves away, so set rules and usage periods together with your child before buying.
- Location-based devices can be better watched by you, while mobile devices are convenient for long waits or travel.
Table of contents
Recommended Game Consoles
We have compiled the best and most interesting game consoles. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find practical wheelbarrows in our guide to wheelbarrows.
The Best Sellers Of Game Consoles
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular game consoles for you.
Tip: You can find many great Lionel Messi j erseys in our guide to Messi jerseys.
Current Offers On Game Consoles
You can find the best current offers on game consoles in this list.
FAQ About Game Consoles
Which game console is the right one depends not only on the age of the user, but also on individual preferences, interests and desired functions. For example, there are location-bound or at least device-bound variants that have to be connected to the TV, for example. Other models are meant for on the go. The Nintendo Switch console combines both variants and can be used flexibly
There is a wide range of game consoles for children. Which one is the right one depends on the child’s personal interests and age. The advantage of the huge selection: It doesn’t always have to be expensive. There are already great models in a price range from 18 to 100 euros
Which game console should be chosen for 6-year-olds depends on the child’s interests as well as the available budget. You can find a selection of different game consoles in our product recommendations.
If you want to use the game console a lot on the go, a handheld console like the Nintendo DS is suitable. Stationary game consoles are better suited for the gaming room. If you want both, you should opt for a combination device like the Nintendo Switch.
Gaming consoles are not age-dependent. From the age of 6, all game consoles can be used. Only when it comes to games should you pay attention to the manufacturer’s age statement.
A handheld game console can be used on the move. It is – as the name suggests – held with the hands and no additional equipment is required.
Game consoles should be used from the age of 6 at the earliest.
More On The Topic
- The 5 best PS4 party games with friends
- The 20 best PS4 strategy games 2020 – guidebook
- The 11 best PS4 racing games – guidebook
- The 8 best PS4 games for kids – guidebook
- The 15 best Wii games
- The 10 best Wii games for kids – guidebook
- The 7 best racing games for Xbox One
- The 11 best Xbox games – guide
- The 6 best Xbox One games for kids – guidebook
Equipment for the gaming room
- The top 6 blue gaming chairs – guidebook
- The 10 best green gaming chairs – guidebook
- The top 7 gaming chairs with footrest – guidebook
- The 10 most popular gaming mice
- The 10 best gaming chairs with massage function – guidebook
- The 10 best gaming chairs – guidebook
- The 6 best gaming beanbags
- The 16 best gaming desks – guidebook
- The best gaming accessories – guidebook
- The 12 best gaming chairs – guidebook
- The 8 best gaming steering wheels – guidebook