No matter if adventure, jump and run, a strategy game, or shooter – even at a young age PC games are a great fascination. However, there is still a lot of discussion about children and video games. When it comes to this topic, you should think carefully about what content is suitable for your child and how long your child is allowed to play. Always stick to the age ratings and make sure that your child can still spend enough time with schoolwork, hobbies, and friends.
To get an impression of the game yourself, it is worth playing it once, your child will certainly be happy about it.
To make your purchase decision easier and to give you an overview of the technical requirements, we have created a comprehensive checklist. You will also find many product recommendations and offers in this article.
- Always follow the age recommendations to protect your child from disturbing content.
- The starting age should also depend on the individual development. Only you can best judge how far along your child is.
- PC games can only be played smoothly if your PC meets the hardware requirements of the game
- A processor with at least IntelCore i5 or Ryzen or better and 8 GB RAM .
- Each manufacturer also specifies the necessary free space on the hard disk.
- Graphics card with at least 6 GB of graphics memory.
- Your screen should be able to display the power of the graphics card and be large enough. A screen with HD resolution (1080 p) of 24 inches or more is usually sufficient.
- For many games, keyboard and mouse are not enough, you need a controller or a steering wheel.
- A microphone is necessary for voice chat functions.
- We recommend buying a headset with microphone
- If you play for a long time, we recommend a gaming chair to prevent bending and neck problems.
- For older children, a webcam for playing together with friends can bring additional fun
- Many PC games include in-game purchases, so even after you buy the game, you may still incur additional costs. Disable this feature or set limits here on how much money can be spent
- Most games today run over the Internet, which allows you to chat or talk with other players (sometimes from all over the world). As in real life, you should protect your child from possible bad influences and teach them how to behave on the Internet (do not give private information to strangers, etc.).
- Always keep an eye on your child and don’t let him/her play alone in front of the PC for too long.
- While playing, take regular breaks to relax your eyes and have something to drink.
- To save eyes, neck as well as back and to keep space for the offline world, limit the time in front of the PC.
- For children, make sure that they spend enough time in the fresh air and with exercise
Table of contents
Recommended PC Games
We have compiled the best and most interesting PC games. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find the best table tennis tables in our guide to table tennis tables.
The Best Sellers Of PC Games
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular PC games for you.
Tip: You can find the best bread makers in our guide to bread makers.
Current Offers On PC Games
You can find the best current offers on PC games in this list.
FAQ About PC Games
That depends on the model and equipment. Before buying a PC game, you should check the system requirements that the game needs.
This usually has to do with the license fees that game developers have to pay if they want to publish their game on a console. With PC games, these fees are eliminated and there are more developers, which also results in greater competition and, on average, lower prices.
- The best gaming accessories – guide
- The 16 best gaming desks – guidebook
- The 12 best gaming chairs – guidebook
- The 8 best gaming steering wheels – guidebook
- The 15 best headsets – guidebook
- The 10 best DXRacer chairs – guidebook
- The 10 best projectors for video games – guidebook