Motorized go-karts are an exciting and thrilling hobby for young and old. GoKarts come in many models, including up to 100 horsepower. Find your GoKart with the engine here and experience a new kind of driving fun.
We have summarized some basic rules and selection criteria for go-karts in our checklist for you. Our product recommendations are a selection of good go-karts with engine.
- GoKarts are suitable for children from about 3 years old.
- When choosing, pay attention to the manufacturer’s age recommendation.
- Many manufacturers also specify what height the go-kart is suitable for. For particularly tall people, there are go-kart frames in oversizes.
- Extendable frames that can be adjusted to the body size of children and adults are practical.
- GoKarts are available with different types of drive.
- Simple models are moved purely by muscle power by stepping on the pedals.
- E-pedal GoKarts have an electric motor to assist the pedals.
- The E-BFR system stands for go-karts with pedals and 250 W electric motor. The frame allows braking, forward and backward driving.
- The E-BFR-3 system also has a three-speed gearbox.
- Racing GoKarts are powered by an electric or gasoline engine.
- With many manufacturers you can choose whether you prefer the electric or gasoline version .
- If you decide on an electric motor, pay attention to the maximum battery life.
- GoKarts for karting usually have an engine with a displacement of 60 to 250 cc.
- The power ranges from 3 hp for E-GoKarts to 100 hp for so-called Superkarts.
- The desired speed should be easy to set on the go-kart itself.
- The frame should be made of sturdy steel.
- GoKarts should have disc brakes and an automatic emergency brake stop.
- Shock absorbers provide a more comfortable ride when driving over irregular terrain.
- GoKarts for children 12 and under and off-road kar ts must have rollover protection.
- According to an EU directive, so-called street karts can be registered as very small motorized vehicles.
- With road approval, they are allowed to participate in public road traffic.
- Karts with a maximum speed of 45 km/h can be registered as light vehicles.
Table of contents
We have compiled the best and most interesting go-karts. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find practical line finders in our guide to line finders.
The Best Sellers Of GoKarts
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular go-karts for you.
Tip: You are a Real Madrid fan? Find your jersey in our guide to Real Madrid jerseys.
Current Offers On Go Karts
You can find the best current offers on GoKarts in this list.
FAQ About Go Karts With Engine
A GoKart is available on average from about 100 euros. The more powerful the engine, the more expensive the GoKart and there are no limits to the price.
That depends very much on the model and the power of the engine. Models for children can be driven partly already from 5 years. However, you should always consider the individual developmental stage and the body size of your child and ensure appropriate protective clothing including a helmet.
Depending on the motorization, a go-kart can reach speeds of 60 km/h up to 75 km/h.
- The 11 best e-scooters with road approval in Austria – guidebook
- The 11 best E-Scooters with road approval in Germany – Guidebook
- The 6 best E-SCOOTERs with registration in Germany – Guidebook
- The 7 best trekking e-bikes – guidebook
- The 6 best cargo e-bikes – guidebook
- The best e-bikes 2020 – guidebook
- The best e-bikes for children – Guidebook
- The 7 most popular electric scooters for children
Camping Guide through Europe
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Austria – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Croatia – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Italy – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in France – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Germany – Guidebook