You love to do sports and would like to monitor your pulse with a heart rate monitor? Then you will find what you are looking for here. We have listed the best heart rate monitors for athletes and compared them in our product recommendations. There you are guaranteed to find a heart rate monitor that suits you. So that you are also well informed about the functions, take a look at our checklist.
- Heart rate monitors are available with and without a chest strap.
- A model with a chest strap is worthwhile for you if you want to have particularly accurate data. However, it is often uncomfortable to wear and more prone to failure.
- A heart rate monitor without a chest strap, on the other hand, is comfortable to wear and trouble-free. However, the optical sensor measures more inaccurately and is significantly more expensive to purchase.
- The display is an important point when buying a heart rate monitor.
- So that you can read the measured data well, you should make sure that the display is large enough and only a few data are displayed at the same time.
- It should also be possible to switch between the different displays quickly and easily.
- The display itself should not reflect and be easily visible in all lighting conditions. If you like to train in the evening, a backlight is recommended.
- The heart rate monitor should fit the circumference of your wrist and, if necessary, your chest.
- Therefore, you should pay attention to the manufacturer’s specifications on circumference and size and measure your data with a tape measure beforehand.
- A model that is too small will cause pressure points and can cut off your blood, while a model that is too large can slip back and forth and twist.
- In addition to measuring heart rate, the heart rate monitor should have some additional functions.
- A display of calories burned is helpful, as is the ability to set your own training zones. With the help of age and gender, the watch should be able to calculate your optimal training pulse.
- You only need a distance measurement and a stopwatch function if you want to keep track of your times and document your progress .
- Particularly high-quality watches can be connected with a special training app and document the exact distance with all necessary data.
- Basically, the more functions the watch has, the more expensive it is. Therefore, you should consider beforehand which functions you really need.
Table of contents
Recommended Pulse Watches
We have compiled the best and most interesting pulse watches. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find many alarm systems for your home in our guide to the 10 best alarm systems.
The Best Sellers Of Pulse Watches
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular pulse watches for you.
Tip: You can find the best paint rollers in our guide to the 8 best paint rollers.
Current Offers On Pulse Watches
You can find the best current offers on pulse watches in this list.
FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions
This depends entirely on what functions the watch should have. So before buying you should think about what your heart rate monitor should be able to do.
This depends on what you want to measure and view with your sports watch. If you are very active, you should choose a watch with many functions.
In order to slowly approach sports, a simple watch is recommended, which does not yet have many complicated functions. If you do sports for a longer time and want to continue doing so, you can buy a heart rate watch with more functions.
The pulse watch has a sensor that rests on the wrist to measure the pulse.
A pulse watch measures the pulse/heart rate within a time. Most often, the beats per minute are given.
Pulse watches already measure the heart rate very well and accurately. However, deviations are reserved. Therefore, you should never rely exactly on the pulse watch.
It all depends on what functions the heart rate monitor should have. The more functions, the more expensive the watch. Pulse watches are available from 30€.
More On The Topic
- The 10 best jogger pants for men – guidebook
- The best adidas track suits for kids – guidebook
- The 8 best ab trainers – How to
- The top 9 martial arts shoes – guidebook
- The 8 best yoga mats – advice
- The 10 best protein shakes – advice
- The 10 best diet shakes – guidebook
- The 10 best Meal Prep Boxes – Guidebook
- The 15 best soccer fan gadgets for the world cup – guidebook
- The 10 best socks for soccer players – How to guide
- The 10 most popular soccer shoes – How to