The leg flexor is one of the largest muscles in the body and is central to a person’s upright gait. It supports the gluteal muscles during knee bends and hip flexions, for example, when sitting down and standing up.
To make your purchase decision easier and to give you a better overview of the different models, we have taken a closer look at leg curlers and compared individual products. In our product recommendations, we have compiled the best models for you. You will surely find what you are looking for in these leg curlers.
- The leg curl should be sturdily built and heavy duty.
- Sturdy constructions made of steel are recommended.
- It is important that the back and lumbar spine can rest completely on the backrest.
- The upholstery should be of high quality and adjustable.
- Make sure that there are handles at hip height on both sides. They reduce the risk of injury with heavy weights.
- You should look for the GS mark on fitness equipment, which stands for tested safety.
- In order to adjust the leg curl individually to your body size, it should be adjustable.
- The more adjustment options the device has, the better.
- To adjust your sitting position, you should be able to adjust the seat.
- For proper exercise performance, it should be possible to accurately adjust all position and exit angles.
- With additional weight plates with different weights, you can vary the training weight.
- Keep in mind that the device requires a lot of space and cannot be easily moved due to its weight of 30-50 kg.
- Leg curls are available indifferent sizes.
- Weights are usually not included.
- For your training you need additional weight plates, 30mm or 50mm adapters and spring locks.
- Some machines are equipped with further training possibilities like a barbell bench for bench press.
- The maximum load for the leg curl is about 300-350 kg.
- The maximum load capacity for weight plates varies between 80 and 130 kg.
Table of contents
Recommended Leg Curlers
We have compiled the best and most interesting leg curlers. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Tip: You can find many more devices for fitness training in our The 9 best home gyms for an effective workout – guide.
The Best Sellers Of Leg Curl
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular leg curlers for you.
Tip: You can find many recommended fitness trackers in our The 8 best fitness trackers – guide.
Current Offers Of Leg Curlers
You can find the best current offers on leg curlers in this list.
FAQ About Leg Curlers
As the name suggests, the leg curl exercises the muscle of the same name. It is an isolation exercise, which means that only this one muscle is trained. The leg flexor is one of the largest muscles in the body and works with the glutes to stabilize the hips.
The leg flexor is the muscle on the back of the thigh. It connects the hip to the knee, stabilizing the leg when walking and sitting.
The leg biceps is the muscle located on the back of the thigh. It is a synonym to the term leg flexor.
Sports and fitness
- The 8 best fitness bands – guide
- The 8 best steppers for home – guidebook
- The 7 best heart rate monitors for athletes – Guidebook
- The 7 best sports shoes for kids – How to guide
- The 10 best diet shakes – How to
- The 17 best climbing frames for children – guidebook
- The 4 best trampolines from Hudora – Guidebook
Exercise for kids
- The 10 best bouncy castles for indoors and outdoors – Guidebook
- The 6 best bouncing mattresses for children – guidebook
- The 8 best bouncing balls for children – guidebook
- The 4 best trampolines from Berg – Guidebook
- The 6 best trampolines from Salta – Guidebook
- The 6 best 305cm trampolines – guidebook
- The 7 best ground trampolines for children – guidebook
- The 15 best garden trampolines for children – guidebook
Useful things for home
- The best cleaning equipment for home – Guidebook
- The best air conditioners for the home – guidebook
- The 9 best tea kettles for the home – guidebook
- The 9 best robotic vacuum cleaners for the home – guidebook
- The 9 best heaters for home – guidebook
- The 8 best home ergometers – guidebook
- The 14 best dartboards for home – guidebook