Using SUP boards is huge fun for many people. However, for smooth water fun, you should consider a few things and choose the right board.
In the following checklist you will find the most important purchase criteria so that your day on the water runs as planned. Further down you will also find specific product recommendations. Here you will surely find the right SUP board!
- The dimensions of your SUP board determine whether it is suitable for touring on calm waters or for wave surfing .
- Short and narrow boards are more maneuverable – perfect for wave surfing.
- Long and wide boards are more stable in the water, hold the track better and offer space for your touring gear.
- SUP boards for surfing are 2.5 m long or shorter and a maximum of 75 cm wide.
- For touring and racing, SUP boards with lengths from 3 m upwards are used. The width is 75-80 cm or higher.
- Beginners best choose medium length and wide all-round boards (length between 2.75 and 3.5 m, width from 80 cm).
- The higher the volume, the more buoyancy the board has. You will find volumes between 110 and 350 l.
- The volume is chosen depending on skill and body weight.
- For beginners it should be at least twice the body weight.
- Experienced paddlers can also manage with lower volumes.
- Inflatables are inflatable boards that can be transported in a backpack to save space.
- Hardboards are solid boards (e.g. made of carbon, wood or plastic). Due to their high stiffness, they show better riding characteristics than iSUPs.
- Inflatables only reach a stiffness equal to hardboards from 15 cm thickness.
- You can find paddles made of wood, aluminum, fiberglass or carbon.
- If you are going on longer tours, choose a paddlethat is as lightas possible.
- Aluminum paddles are inexpensive, sturdy and well suited for beginners. However, they are heavier than fiberglass or carbon paddles.
- For the length of the paddle applies: body height plus 20-25 cm.
- Inflatables are often offered in a set with backpack, air pump, paddle, leash and repair kit.
- In addition, you can equip your board with kayak seator different types of fins.
Table of contents
Recommended SUP Boards
We have compiled the best and most interesting SUP boards for you. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Inflatable SUP Boards For Beginners (“Inflatables” or “iSUPs”)
Touring SUP Boards
- LOOKING FOR THE TOUGHEST ALL-INCLUSIVE SUP TOURING PADDLE BOARD ON THE MARKET? Only Bluefin uses 1000D Density Exo Surface Laminate PVC & Pro Weave Drop Stitch. These materials make our boards so tough they are can hold up to 28 PSI and are the most stable & rigid inflatable SUP you’ll ever buy.
- WE PLANT A TREE FOR EVERY PURCHASE - The environment is at the heart of everything we do at Bluefin. While we seek to use recycled materials in our manufacturing processes, Bluefin remain committed to planting a tree for every purchase made, helping to give back to our planet’s natural resources.
- SPRINT DOES SPEED & GLIDE LIKE NO OTHER - Explore the world on an inflatable paddle board designed to travel farther, faster, more efficiently. Angled nose for steady cruising & plenty of space for cargo on an incredibly stable deck. 427 cm x 71 cm x 15 cm
- DURABLE TRAVEL BACKPACK & LIGHTWEIGHT FIBREGLASS PADDLE - The most comfortable paddle board backpack available with loads of extra padding & super wide straps. Our 2 piece paddle has an ergonomic fibreglass shaft weighing almost 45% less than standard SUP paddles. No-flutter polyurethane composite blade is impossible to chip or damage. Both float!
- SMART LOCK FIN & DOUBLE ACTION PUMP - Our versatile 8” centre fin with optimised rake provides ultimate glide for your SUP and versatility for long-haul paddling. No metal parts to lose, clip it in securely in seconds. Double action pump inflates your paddle board on both the UP & DOWN portion of every pump.
Yoga SUP Boards
Keine Produkte gefunden.
Fixed SUP Boards (“hardboards”)
Keine Produkte gefunden.
SUP Boards From Fanatic
Keine Produkte gefunden.
Tip: Get wet and happy on the shore with water guns. Here is our water gun guide.
The Best Sellers Of SUP Boards
In our bestseller list we have compiled the most popular UP boards for you.
Tip: You can find many great water balls in our Water Guns Guide.
Current Offers Of SUP Boards
You can find the best current offers on SUP boards in this list.
FAQ For SUB Boards
What size SUP board you should choose depends on what you want to do. Someone who wants to ride waves should make a different choice than a person who is out in calm waters. SUP experience also plays a role.
Beginners are best to choose an all-around board. Advanced paddlers should prefer shorter and narrower boards. You can find the exact dimensions and many other helpful recommendations in our clear checklist.
The right length of your SUP board depends on where you want to paddle. For surfing, for example, you need a shorter board than for long and quiet tours. All-rounder boards are especially suitable for beginners. You can find the exact measurements and many other helpful tips in our free product guide. There we have listed specific product recommendations for you and provided a comprehensive checklist on the subject of SUP boards
Stand-up paddling is a water sport where you stand on a board (SUP board) and move with a paddle. The SUP lies on the water and its shape strongly resembles a surfboard
So-called fins help paddling to keep the track and not constantly turn around itself. Depending on where the fins are located and how many are present, differences arise. As a rule, SUP boards have three fins. Some of these are removable.
The cost of a SUP board varies depending on the supplier and product type. Usable inflatable variants can be purchased from about 265 EUR. However, there are also variants that cost over 600 EUR. In order not to save at the wrong end, but also not to spend too much money or even to choose the wrong board, you are welcome to take a look at our product guide. There you will find concrete product recommendations and a clear checklist with all important information, e.g. dimensions.
SUP is an abbreviation for Stand-Up-Paddling. However, the abbreviation is also used by some people in messages or chat. Then it stands for “What’s up” – which in German means something like: “Was geht” or a bit more formally expressed: “Was gibt es Neues/Was machst Du?”,
Exercise And Fun In And On The Water
- The 10 best bathing caps for kids
- The 15 best bath toys for kids
- The 8 best inflatable boats for families
- The 6 best inflatable boats with electric motor
- The 15 best remote controlled boats for kids
- The 7 best swimming rings for babies
- The 8 best swim fins
- The 8 best swimming boards
- The 10 best air mattresses for swimming
- The 7 best underwater scooters
Fun And Games With Water
- The 7 best water rides
- The 8 best water pistols for children
- The 8 best water polo games for the pool
- The 5 quick up pools for kids
- The 8 best water play mats
- The 7 best water painting mats from Aqua Doodle
- The 12 best water slides for the garden
- The 8 best water play tables
Pools And Accessories
- The most important pool accessories
- The 7 best chlorine tablets for the pool
- The 7 best sand filter systems for the pool
- The 10 best pool vacuums
- The 7 best pool robots
- The 17 best pools for children
- The 10 best inflatable pools for children
- The 7 best garden pools for families
- The 8 best flocculants for the pool
- The 8 best pool heaters
- The 10 best pool lights