With the help of a via ferrata set you can ensure that you are always optimally secured in case of possible falls on mountains or slopes. The via ferrata set is always used in combination with a climbing harness and a climbing rope. To ensure that nothing can go wrong during climbing excursions, it is important that you consider the weight and handling of the via ferrata set when choosing it.
To find a via ferrata set that is tailored to you and your needs, you can take a closer look at our checklist. Here you can find out everything about via ferrata sets. But also our numerous product recommendations will help you effectively with the selection.
- Very important to know. All via ferrata sets that are on sale with us must meet a high safety standard. The safety standard is therefore the same for all products. Because this standard is difficult to meet, the price differences are also rather small.
- The only real differences are in the handling of the carabiners. Basic sets have carabiners that can be a bit hooky. Transferring them on the climb thus requires a bit of practice.
- With high-quality sets, the carabiners are easier and faster to use. This is an advantage especially on difficult ascents.
- An advantage in practice is also a swivel joint that prevents tangling of the two rope ends.
- Beginners in particular, who tend to be nervous, should attach importance to simple, uncomplicated manageability and a high level of operating comfort, so as not to get into fumbling on the climb .
- Some sets have an attachment option for a latching sling. This is an advantage because you then do not have to tie the latching s ling into the climbing harness .
- For tours that involve a long approach , the weight of the via ferrata set as well as its pack size in the backpack is a criterion. If you’re primarily doing short climbs, on the other hand, it’s not as important.
- The weight range for which the via ferrata set is approved is important. For the newer sets, this ranges from 40 to 120 kg and thus covers most adults. Older models, on the other hand, only range from 50 to 100 kg, which can already be relevant for lightweight women or tall and strong men.
- When it comes to weight , you have to remember not to forget clothes and backpack.
- For children, the normal sets are not suitable, because the strap fall arrester may not be triggered in the event of a fall due to the low body weight. Therefore, for the youngsters you need a specialvia ferrata set adapted to a lighter weight.
Table of contents
Recommended Via Ferrata Sets
Here you will find the top 8 among the most popular via ferrata sets.
Tip: In this article you can learn more about the best climbing shoes.
The Bestsellers Of Via Ferrata Sets
We have compiled the most popular via ferrata or you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Here you can find out about the best climbing triangles for children
Current Offers For Via Ferrata Sets
Here you will find a selection of current offers for via ferrata sets.
FAQ About Via Ferrata Sets
With a via ferrata set you can optimally secure yourself while climbing in combination with a climbing rope and a climbing harness. They have a tie-in loop as well as a webbing fall arrester and a carabiner.
That depends on how long and often you use the via ferrata set. Therefore, no general answer can be given as to how long a via ferrata set can be used in individual cases. However, if you notice damage to the material, it is time to replace the via ferrata set.
The climbing harness has a so-called tie-in loop. The tie-in loop must now simply be put through the tie-in loop with the carabiner and fixed with a special knot.
A high-quality via ferrata set can cost up to well over 100 euros.
The via ferrata set should always be adjusted to your own weight so that it can cushion you in the event of a fall. Nowadays, many sets can withstand a weight of up to 120 kilograms. However, always pay attention to the manufacturer’s instructions so that you are always adequately secured.
For beginners, ease of use is an advantage. Therefore, you should look for a set with carabiners, which can be relatively easily attached to the harness. If you are just starting to climb and therefore have to concentrate on many things at the same time, attaching the carabiner should not take you unnecessarily long. A swivel can help here, because the ropes so do not twist. The attachment with a snap loop is also much easier, so you can start climbing relatively quickly.
More On The Topic
- The 10 best climbing ropes – guidebook
- The 8 best climbing arches for children – guidebook
- The 10 best climbing shoes – guidebook
- The 10 best climbing harnesses – guidebook
- The 8 best climbing walls for children – guidebook
- The 9 best climbing triangles for kids – guidebook
- The 9 best climbing nets for kids – guidebook
- The 11 best climbing towers for children – guidebook
- The 15 best indoor climbing frames for children – guidebook
- The 7 best climbing triangles for children – guidebook
- The 20 best climbing frames for children – guidebook
- The 17 best climbing frames for children – guidebook
Protective And Work Clothing
- The 7 best work pants for men – guidebook
- The 7 best thermal work gloves – guidebook
- The 10 best work shoes – advice
- The 12 best work clothes – Guidebook
- The 12 best work gloves – guidebook
- The 8 best earmuffs – guidebook
- The 9 best hearing protectors – advisor
- The 10 best forestry helmets – Advisor
- The 7 best cut protection pants – guidebook
- The 10 best camping equipment for the family vacation – Guidebook
- The 15 best camping tents – How to
- The 7 best camping tables for families – Guidebook
- The 8 best camping chairs for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best camping stoves for family vacations – guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Austria – Guidebook
- The 10 best camping guides for family vacations in Germany – Guidebook
- The 8 best camping grills – Guidebook