Table of contents
What are the best wheels for children? Many parents know this – the children are eager to start cycling, however, all beginnings are difficult. As an adult, learning to ride a bike is associated with frustration and scraped knees. We want to show you how you can teach your child to ride a bike with fun and games.
We have researched and would like to present you the best bikes for children in this article.
We have not only compiled a checklist with the most important criteria for running bikes for children, but also many product recommendations for you.
After all, it is important to choose the right running bike for your child. Only then will he or she have lasting fun on the bike. Not only the age but also the respective stage of development is decisive.
- Important: Your child must be tall enough to reach the ground with his feet. The leg length should correspond to the height of the saddle
- Riding a running bike can be fun for toddlers as young as 18 months. You should make this individually dependent on the development of your child. Others are not quite as physically fit and can only be inspired from the age of 3 years. Always listen to your child’s feelings.
- If you decide on a toddler model, please make sure that the saddle and handlebars are adjustable in height. Otherwise, you can buy a new wheel after one year at the latest.
- In order for your child to be able to push off and brake properly, it should be able to support itself with both feet on the ground
- Look for good quality. This can be recognized by a test seal (e.g. Stiftung Warentest), so that there is no danger for your child in this respect.
- A safety helmet is urgently necessary because falls do not remain unavoidable. This prevents serious injuries and guarantees protection. However, you should still always supervise your child or, at least watch.
- Wide tires are especially appropriate for small children, as they bring additional stability. Rubber tires prove themselves best, since they can be driven well even on bumpy surfaces.
- For children up to 3 years , the wheels are often made of wood . Unlike metal, this has the advantage of being lighter in weight, making it easier for little ones to use. Metal is more suitable for outdoor use.
- Brakes: At first glance, they seem necessary, but toddlers can not yet handle them and should only brake with their feet.
Recommended Wheels For Children From 1.5 – 2 Years
At the age of one year, many children are particularly curious. If your child already wants to start cycling and explore the world, you can support him with the right running bike.
Running Wheels 10 Inch
For children from 1.5 years are particularly suitable running wheels with 10 inches. They ensure that the saddle is not too high and thus ensures a safe stand for your child.
Tip: You can find many great children’s running bikes from 3 years in our guide for running bikes from 3 years
Recommended Running Bikes For Children From 2 – 3 Years Old
Even at 2 or 3 years old, the playful aspect of your child is absolutely in focus. Since children learn quickly, the wheel may also be somewhat larger at this age.
Running Wheels 12 Inch
For children from the age of 2 – 3 years are suitable wheels with 12 inches. Thus, your child can gain first experiences and playfully learn to ride a bike.
Keine Produkte gefunden.
Tip: The next step is the bicycle. You can find the best of these in our guide to children’s bikes.
The Best Sellers Of Running Wheels For Children
We have compiled the most popular running wheels for children for you in this bestseller list.
Current Offers For Children’s Running Wheels
Here you can find a selection of current offers for children’s wheels.
How To Find The Right Running Bike For Your Child
- Physical development plays an important role in the choice of the right wheel. If your child is still very small, the wheel should not be larger than 10 inches.
- Children from 1.5 – 2 years can reach for a running wheel with 12 inches to learn to ride a bike.
- The quality of a running wheel should always be considered. For children from 1 year, the running wheel should ideally be made of wood. This is particularly light and does not make it difficult for your child to maintain balance.
- In addition, wide tires and a height-adjustable handlebar and saddle are advantageous
FAQ About Running Wheels For Kids
Basically, running bikes are suitable for children from 1 year. It always depends on the size of the child. For small children, a running bike with 10 inches is suitable. Larger children can use a running bike with 12 inches or more to learn how to ride a bike
According to records from 1860, children’s running bikes existed at that time, as well as tricycles
To find the perfect wheel for your child, the size must be right. Your child should be able to touch the ground with both legs without any problems. In addition, running wheels made of wood are recommended, as they are lighter and thus promote balance
More Running Bikes
- The 15 best running bikes from 2 years – guidebook
- The 15 best running bikes from 2.5 years – guidebook
- The 15 best running bikes from 3 years – guidebook
- The 25 best scooters, running bikes and bicycles from Bikestar – guidebook
- The 10 best bicycle helmets for children – guidebook
Next Step: Children’s Bike
- The best children’s bicycles – guidebook
- The 7 best children’s bicycles from KOKUA – Guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 12 inches – Guidebook
- The 20 best children’s bicycles with 16 inches – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 14 inches – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 18 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s bicycles with 20 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bikes with 24 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 14 best mountain bikes for kids – guidebook
- The best e-bikes for kids – guidebook