Hoverboards can help train balance, among other things. In addition, the ride is also insane fun! Before buying, however, you should make sure, among other things, to choose the right tire size, so that you or your child does not fall or you even hurt yourself.
In our checklist, we have compiled the most important information about the hoverboard for you. With the help of our product recommendations, you can find the perfect hoverboard today.
- High-quality and expensive materials weigh more than inexpensive/stable ones. Ergo, a high dead weight is an indication of high-quality workmanship . However, with each additional gram that the hoverboard weighs, your child will have a harder time carrying it.
- Children’s hoverboards should not weigh more than 10 kilograms. Otherwise, climbing stairs, for example, becomes torture for younger children.
- To ensure that the rider ‘s commands are interpreted correctly, the carrying weight must be right. If your child is too light, the sensor system will not respond to the weight shifts. There is a risk of dysfunctional regulation of driving speed and direction.
- The performance of a hoverboard should not be given too much attention. This is because: according to the legislator, hoverboards in this country must be throttled to a maximum speed of 20 km/h. If the model drives faster than this, it will not receive a refund. If the model travels faster, it will not receive a road permit.
- Powerful performance is not pointless. With a high-wattage motor (over 700 watts), your child will be able to climb hills more quickly. If there are many mountains on the route or if you live in mountainous regions, high motor power is definitely worthwhile.
- The range of a hoverboard is often decisive for the purchase. The larger the battery or the larger the capacity, the more kilometers the rider can cover with one charge. A 4.4 Ah battery can provide a range of between 20 and 30 kilometers.
- Tip: Lithium-ion batteries are considered particularly sales-efficient. Water-repellent housings and quick-change clips are an advantage. The former protect the precious cells, while the latter allow them to be changed quickly. This eliminates the sometimes long charging times of up to 3 hours.
- The recommended tire size depends on the rider’s weight: younger children are easily carried by 4.5-inchers . From a rider weight of 50 kilograms, 6.5-inch tires are preferable.
- Larger tires make sense on uneven surfaces.Sticks, stones and curb grooves , for example, can be negotiated more comfortably with these tires.
- Pneumatic tires are particularly pleasant to ride on because they cushion uneven surfaces. However, pneumatic tires require regular maintenance (every 2 months: tire pressure check) and wear out faster than hard rubber tires.
Table of contents
We have compiled the best and most interesting hoverboards. You can find the list with our product recommendations here.
Hoverboards For Kids
Hoverboards For Adults
Keine Produkte gefunden.
Keine Produkte gefunden.
Tip: Here you can find the best children’s vehicles
The Best Sellers Of Hoverboards
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular hoverboards for you.
Tip: In this article you will learn everything about the most popular 26 inch electric bikes.
Current Offers On Hoverboards
You can find the best current offers on hoverboards in this list.
FAQ About Hoverboards
A hoverboard consists of a rolling board that has no handlebars. Instead, you have to try to keep your balance and distribute your weight evenly in order to perform various functions.
High-quality hoverboards are relatively expensive and can cost well over 200 euros. However, it is worth investing in a more expensive model if you want to ride regularly.
A hoverboard can accelerate to up to 20 km/h. If you own an even faster hoverboard, however, it does not receive a road permit.
Hoverboards work similar to Segways. By shifting your weight, you can brake, steer or accelerate, among other things. In order for this to succeed, the hoverboard has two treads, which must be loaded as equally as possible. That’s why you should always dismount only to the rear, because otherwise you would accelerate and possibly fall due to the one-sided load.
There is no specific age recommendation for hoverboards. Nevertheless, it always makes sense to read the manufacturer’s specifications and follow them. For example, according to the manufacturer, some models are only permitted from the age of 14.
The tire size is very important so that you don’t get stuck in bumps or small grooves. Therefore, the tire sizes are offered in 6, 8 or 10 inches.
The charging time of a hoverboard is usually 2-3 hours. For this, you just need to plug the charging cable into the port of the hoverboard and connect it to a power outlet. If the indicator lights up green, the hoverboard is fully charged.
Hoverboards should not weigh more than 13 kilograms. Models for children are a lot lighter and come to a weight of 8 kilograms.
To recalibrate the hoverboard, it must first be turned off completely. Then, the on/off button is pressed for a certain period of time.
You are not allowed to ride a hoverboard on public roads. However, on a private property or in segregated and specially designated areas, riding is completely safe.
More On The Topic
Boards, Scooters & Scooters
- The 6 best 10-inch hoverboards – guidebook
- The 12 best hoverboards for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best waveboards for kids – guidebook
- The 10 best rollerblades for kids – guidebook
- The 9 best rollerblades for kids – guidebook
- The 7 most popular electric scooters for children
- The 8 best electric scooters – guidebook
- The 10 best skateboards – guidebook
- The 10 best skateboards for children – guidebook
- The 8 best e-skateboards 2021 – guidebook
- The 5 best Hudora scooters for kids – guidebook
- The 25 best scooters, wheels and bikes from Bikestar – guidebook
- The 11 best e-scooters with road approval in Germany – Guidebook
- The 10 best stunt scooters – Guidebook
- The 6 best E-SCOOTERs with registration in Germany – Guidebook
- The 9 best stuntscooters for kids – guidebook
- The 2 best e-scooters from Moovi – Guidebook
- The 5 best E-Scooters from Segway- Guidebook
- The 10 best eFlux scooters with approval – Guidebook
- The 15 best fast e-scooters without road approval – Guidebook
- The 10 best 26 inch electric bikes
- The 9 best bicycle trailers – guidebook
- The 10 best cargo bikes – guidebook
- The 7 best children’s bicycles from KOKUA – guidebook
- The 8 best electric bikes from Haibike – Guidebook
- The 8 best bike racks for the trailer hitch – guidebook
- The 10 best bicycle helmets for children – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 26 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 12 inch – Guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycle seats – guidebook
- The 10 best alarm systems for the bike – guidebook