A cargo bike is a great support in everyday life if you want to cover distances in a relaxed manner and shopping or other heavy things need to be transported from A to B. Several children can often find room on it as well. A cargo bike or e-bike can be used to transport a wide variety of luggage, which is why it can replace a car in many respects. In our product recommendations, you will find the best cargo bikes and cargo e-bikes. The following checklist provides you with an overview.
- Cargo bikes are available with frames made of different materials. They are available with frames made of aluminum or also steel.
- Aluminum and steel are both very robust.
- Steel, however, is much harder and more stable.
- Aluminum, on the other hand, ensures that the cargo bike does not weigh as much.
- In terms of weight , some models differ by 30 kg. There are wheels with only 25 kg weight and versions with more than 60 kg weight.
- Also look at the number of seats. Most versions have two seats, some cargo bikes have up to four seats for children.
- Payload indicates how much weight can be used in addition to the weight of the bike.
- The payload takes into account the rider as well as children and luggage.
- Most cargo bikes have a payload of around 150 kg.
- There are also models with payloads of up to 225 kg.
- Look at securing the children and luggage: there should be seat belts. With many models, you can also integrate a baby seat for securing babies. Keep in mind that babies should not be ridden in cargo bikes until they are a few months old.
- Check whether there is an electric drive.
- Cargo bikes with an electric motor make it much easier for you to use.
- Look at the range of electric cargo bikes. This can range from 30 to 180 km.
- Also check what speeds can be reached.
- The maximum speeds are usually around 25 km/h.
- Normally, all cargo bikes are equipped with lighting.
- Luggage storage and a luggage rack are helpful during use.
- Storage compartments are also installed on some cargo bikes.
- There are versions that have foldable child seats. This allows you to create even more storage space.
- Look at theintegrated gears. With a cargo bike you have a lot of weight, so at least seven gears should be available for riding comfort.
- Board computers show you the speed and make it easier for you to adjust the electric assistance.
Table of contents
Recommended Cargo Bikes
We have compiled the best and most exciting cargo e-bikes.
Keine Produkte gefunden.
Tip: Do you prefer to walk? Here you’ll find the best handcarts.
The Best Sellers Of Cargo Bikes
In a list of bestsellers we have compiled the most popular cargo bikes for you.
Tip: Here you can find our guide for children’s bike seats.
Current Offers Of Cargo Bikes
You can find the best current offers on cargo bikes in this list.
FAQ For Cargo Bikes
A cargo bike is a bicycle that is equipped with special extensions and is therefore usually wider than standard bikes. You can use it – depending on the design – to transport heavy shopping or even several children.
The prices for cargo bikes vary, because there are not only different shapes, but also different materials that are used in the production. You can buy a cargo bike from about 250 euros, but depending on the model, the price range extends to over 2000 euros.
- The best children’s bikes
- The 10 best children’s bikes with 12 inch
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 14 inches
- The 20 best children’s bicycles with 16 inches
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 18 inches
- The 15 best children’s bicycles with 20 inches
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 24 inches
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 26 inches
Mobility for children
- The best children’s vehicles
- The 20 best children’s vehicles from Puky
- The 8 best children’s vehicles from Kettler
- The 8 best longboards
- The 10 best skateboards
- The 9 best BMW children’s cars
- The 10 best Mercedes kids cars
- The best e-bikes for children
- The 9 best inline skates for kids
- The 5 best scooters from Puky
- The 5 best pedal scooters for children
- The 8 best unicycles for children
- The 12 best hoverboards for kids