Bicycles with electric motors are becoming increasingly popular, as they make riding easier and save power. An electric folding bike is also very practical to take with you everywhere or to clean up. It takes up very little space when folded.
In our checklist you will learn what you should consider when buying. In addition, our recommendations with the top 7 electric folding bikes will help you.
- On a front-wheel drive electric folding bike, the drive motor is located in the hub of the front wheel. Front wheel hub drives are inexpensive. However, this type of drive has the disadvantage that the front wheel tends to slip in wet conditions.
- E-folding bikes with a mid-motor are rare. They offer balanced weight distribution and neutral handling. The disadvantage is that mid-motor designs in bicycle frames are relatively complex and therefore expensive.
- In a rear-wheel drive electric folding bike, the motor sits in the hub of the rear wheel. This arrangement is advantageous on wet roads, as the driven wheel is sufficiently loaded by the rider and frame.
- When buying an electric folding bike, you should pay attention to the size.
- Folding bikes are generally built very compact. Important measurements are the maximum seat height and the maximum height of the handlebars.
- The distance between the pedals and the seat and the distance between the seat and the handlebars are also important criteria when choosing.
- The folding dimension indicates how big the electric folding bike is when you fold it.
- This measurement is important for judging whether the folding bike will fit in your trunk.
- If the motor has a maximum power of 250 watts, it is a folding pedelec. You can ride these electric folding bikes without a driver’s license.
- If the power is 500 watts, then it is an S-pedelec. For this you need a class M driver’s license. The minimum age is 16 years.
- The battery capacity plays an important role for the range of an e-pedelec.
- The higher the capacity of the battery, the greater the range. For an electric folding bike, the range on one battery charge averages between 50 and 100 km.
- Electric folding bikes are available with hub gears and with derailleur ge ars.
- With hub gears, the number of ge ars is limited. With derailleur gears, up to 21 gears are possible.
- Most electric folding bikes are equipped with rim brakes on the front and rear wheel.
- However, hydraulic or mechanical disc brakes are more effective and safer.
Table of contents
Recommended Electric Folding Bikes
Here you can find the top 7 most popular electric folding bikes.
Tip: Discover the best wave slides for the garden now.
The Best Sellers Of Electric Folding Bikes
We have compiled the most popular electric folding bikes for you in this bestseller list.
Tip: Dart boards provide lots of fun and can be placed anywhere you like.
Current Offers For Electric Folding Bike
Here you will find a selection of current offers for electric folding bikes.
FAQ About Electric Folding Bikes
Some e-bikes can accelerate up to 32 km/h. There are also e-bikes that can go up to 45 km/h. These bikes are then called speed pedelecs.
The minimum age for alle-bikes is 14.
Most e-bikes weigh an average of 15 to 28 kg.
The average price in specialist shops is around 2,000 euros.
Charged once a week, the battery of an e-bike lasts over 10 years.
With a pedelec, you still have to pedal yourself. With ane-bike, this is not necessary.
- The 10 best cargo bikes – guidebook
- The 6 best cargo e-bikes – guidebook
- The 10 best 26 inch electric bikes
- The best kids bikes – guidebook
- The 8 best Haibike electric bikes – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bikes with 12 inch – guidebook
- The 20 best children’s bicycles with 16 inch – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bikes from Early Rider – Guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bikes with 26 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bicycles with 24 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 15 best children’s bicycles with 20 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 10 best children’s bikes with 18 inch tire size – guidebook
- The 6 best e-mountain bikes – guidebook
- The 14 best mountain bikes for kids – guidebook
- The 7 best trekking e-bikes – guidebook